Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:25:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Protection from Hackers  (Read 219 times)
dansmith_99 (OP)

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 06:03:46 AM
Last edit: December 01, 2017, 06:21:15 AM by dansmith_99

I just heard of something called google voice. Seems really interesting but my biggest un-answered questions is, can it protect me from hackers trying to gain control of my phone #.

I had a friend recently who had his # and email hacked and lost tons of crypto because he unwisely had his private key on his gmail. But regardless I still want to know that some random person can't gain control of my phone.
Emoclaw

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 06:13:26 AM

I just heard of something called google voice. Seems really interesting but my biggest un-answered questions is, can it protect me from hackers trying to gain control of my phone #.

I had a friend recently who had his # and email hacked and lost tons of crypto because he unwisely had his private key on his google. But regardless I still want to know that some random person can't gain control of my phone.
On his Google what? Account?
The easiest & most effective way to combat this is to use a strong password along with two factor authentication.
Of course no random person can get control of your phone. Most phones (that aren't very old) receive regular security updates but it is up to you to make sure that your private data is safe.
Beyond that, encrypt your phone, install some anti-theft software and you're golden.
tech72

Activity: 427
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 06:16:02 AM

How was you friend sure it was due to google hack? You can enable various 2FA and a strong password to protect yourself from most hacks.

As far as I know Google voice has concerns of privacy and not of being hacked.

Buying Instagram followers from Zeru.com was a smart move. Real profiles, quick delivery, and an organic boost to my presence. Fantastic service, highly satisfied.
Zeru.com exceeded my expectations. Bought Instagram followers, and my profile skyrocketed. Genuine engagement, prompt delivery—best investment in my online presence.
Absolutely thrilled with Zeru.com. Purchased Instagram followers, and the results are phenomenal. Authentic growth, reliable service, and exceptional customer support. Highly recommend.
Zeru.com is a game-changer. Acquired Instagram followers, and my influence soared. Organic engagement, instant delivery, and excellent customer service. Truly satisfied with the results.
Zeru.com delivered real YouTube subscribers, skyrocketing my channel's success. Trustworthy, efficient, and effective. The best investment for content creators.
Incredible service from Zeru.com. The Instagram likes I purchased were delivered instantly, boosting my online presence. Highly recommended for influencers.
Phenomenal experience with Zeru.com. Bought YouTube views and witnessed instant growth. Authentic engagement, timely delivery, and top-notch customer service. Absolutely satisfied.
Zeru.com is a game-changer. Buying Twitter followers from them boosted my online presence. Authenticity, quick delivery, and stellar customer service – a winning combination for social media success.
Zeru.com delivers as promised. Facebook likes purchase led to enhanced visibility. Trustworthy, efficient, and a game-changer for anyone aiming to boost social media presence.
Zeru.com delivers as promised. Increased my Instagram views instantly. Quality service, quick results, and their team ensures satisfaction. A reliable choice.
Impressed with Zeru.com prompt service and genuine YouTube likes. Increased engagement and visibility have skyrocketed my channel's success. Highly recommend.
Buying Facebook followers from Zeru.com was a game-changer. Authentic profiles, quick delivery, and excellent customer support. Highly recommended for growth. 5/5 Stars rating.
Zeru.com exceeded my expectations. The TikTok followers I bought were high-quality, instantly elevating my content and giving my profile the attention it deserves.
Zeru.com delivers TikTok likes that matter. Genuine engagement, instant credibility, and a noticeable spike in my video views. An absolute game-changer.
Zeru.com
SocialMediaPanel.com is my trusted partner for social growth. Their SMM Panel, Social Media Panel, delivers authentic social media engagement, boosting my online presence effectively.
dansmith_99 (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 06:22:28 AM

How was you friend sure it was due to google hack? You can enable various 2FA and a strong password to protect yourself from most hacks.

Just maybe because he got locked out of his gmail and then suddenly his phone number stopped working...until his money was drained from his MEW wallet.

Very unlucky for him. Gotta be cautious.
dansmith_99 (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 06:25:10 AM

[/quote] Of course no random person can get control of your phone. Most phones (that aren't very old) receive regular security updates but it is up to you to make sure that your private data is safe.

[/quote] I don't mean to argue but its actually not very hard to hack someones phone account if you are somewhat educated in how to do it (I am not).

This article from robes will shed some light on the subject.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/laurashin/2016/12/21/hackers-are-hijacking-phone-numbers-and-breaking-into-email-and-bank-accounts-how-to-protect-yourself/#450f9a1d360f
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 06:30:42 AM

anything that is not a clean and encrypted cold storage is susceptible to be hacked, stolen, lost specially if it is your phone which you carry around with you!!!

in fact putting your bitcoins on your phone or things similar to that is like carrying all your money in a bag over your shoulder. would you do that? of course not. you put your money in a safe place with a bank, a safety deposit box or in your mattress and only carry around pocket change with you.

There is a FOMO brewing...
dansmith_99 (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 06:34:17 AM

anything that is not a clean and encrypted cold storage is susceptible to be hacked, stolen, lost specially if it is your phone which you carry around with you!!!

in fact putting your bitcoins on your phone or things similar to that is like carrying all your money in a bag over your shoulder. would you do that? of course not. you put your money in a safe place with a bank, a safety deposit box or in your mattress and only carry around pocket change with you.

Give this man a prize! I absolutely love this repose! I may steal it in the future...
bitterguy28

Activity: 2016
Merit: 175

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 06:39:36 AM

Just maybe because he got locked out of his gmail and then suddenly his phone number stopped working...until his money was drained from his MEW wallet.

Very unlucky for him. Gotta be cautious.

yes correct mate thats why always remind to avoid this scenario do not share you privatekeys anyone need to take cre of your account check your account from time to to time, save your password in a different gadget to secured your privatekeys.

Variogam

Activity: 276
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 07:18:07 AM

Consider hardware wallet like Keepkey, Ledger or Trezor.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: