Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 10:29:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Mining Rig are Legit??  (Read 186 times)
mjmmojica (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 06:25:26 AM

i saw a post on social media selling that mining rig.. it says it can mine btc and eth..

is there anyone know if thats mining rig is legit? or just another scam?\

thanks for those who will answer..

godbless
RussIT99

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 06:27:17 AM

it depends on what rig your referring to
mjmmojica (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 06:37:41 AM

it depends on what rig your referring to

please tell me about it.. i'm new in this business and i don't know whats that rig is..   Grin Grin
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1293

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 03:17:31 PM

i saw a post on social media selling that mining rig.. it says it can mine btc and eth..

in case the post was talking about 1 mining rig capable of mining both these cryptos then it was lying and it was a scam be cause you can not mine both of these with a same equipment!

bitcoin is mined by something called an ASIC (https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/ASIC) while ethereum is mined with GPU. a rig for mining ETH is a set of graphic cards installed on a motherboard using risers. both GPU and motherboard is the same thing you can find in any computer hardware store (gaming GPU, and MB) with a good power supply. all of this is usually installed on top of a structure (i don't know if it has a name but something like a hollow case). you can even build one yourself if you know how.

There is a FOMO brewing...
Mike Mayor

Activity: 966
Merit: 535

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:07:09 PM

Send us a link. A minig rig is just a setup of multiple cpus. You do not need to buy them from someone else you can buy what you need yourself and probably should because it will teach you alot. So please put it together following the link the user above me gave you. Everything is there pretty much. Oh and you need risers. A riser allows you to connect multiple gpus since physically you cannot fit them all to the motherboard. Have fun!! Let us know how it goes.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: