Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:58:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: JACK BOGLE SAYS ‘AVOID BITCOIN LIKE A PLAGUE’  (Read 250 times)
coinpediaJordan (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 06:30:25 AM

Bitcoin is a hot topic after record of $10,000. Vangurad Group founder Jack Bogle now warns investors to keep their fund away from the Bitcoin industry.
Check here: Avoid bitcoin like a plague
Nilda

Activity: 336
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:13:26 AM

Why should I? I already made a lot of money by trading bitcoins and I’m encouraging friends and relatives to invest in cryptocurrencies. Convincing people right now is a lot easier because of its all time high value.

BitCoinKeeper

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:16:38 AM

Bitcoin is a hot topic after record of $10,000. Vangurad Group founder Jack Bogle now warns investors to keep their fund away from the Bitcoin industry.

There is already a thread on this !
jagdeepjd

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:22:58 AM

Everyone who has a stake in stocks and bonds is always going to put down bitcoin, having said that, Bogle is a legend in mutual fund world, saved a lot of people a ton of money by offering passively managed very low fee funds. He was derided and reviled by the finance industry, went on to create the largest (i think) fund company, so have some respect. Having said that, i'm not sure he get's it coming from another generation/world.
kleinkrypto

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:24:14 AM

As another guy pointed out in another Thread: "Subjectivity is a bitch". Bogle is an conservativ, old US Investor, getting rich with traditionell stocks. He is now nearly 90 years old, a so called "Giant of the 20th century". Of course he is against decentralicized new currancies like any crypto coin. Its against all he lived with for a long time.

In my opinion no one like him should ever say any word about new technologies because he cannot understand it. Do you think he is even using a smartphone?

Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:41:23 AM

Old people going at it again? I'm getting tired of these people... since 2010 people have been saying "avoid bitcoin","bitcoin's a scam",etc... so, I've stopped listening to them completely, tho I'm not denying that bitcoins price may go down duo to the crazy price increase over the last few weeks. But completely staying away from bitcoin? haha

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
soham

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:57:57 AM

The name Vangurad Group sounded like a security guard management company to me. However, did a little google search and came to know it is an investment management company of PA, USA with over 4.4 trillion USD under management. Also there is a little correction needed in the main post that the name of the CEO is not Jack Bogle, it is John Bogle and he is 88 years old. It immediately reminds me of Mr. Warren Buffet who also belongs to the same age group and said similar things about bitcoin few weeks back.

Please avoid such unwanted comments from such ancient investors like plague. That's the best thing we can do. Their strategies and values are old and may not the best fit in today's world. So ignore and move on.

▄████▄       
██████       
▀████▀       
▀██████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
▄▄█████  ▄██████████████████▄
▄██████▀██  ████████████████████
▄█████▀    ▀  ████████████████████
▄█████▀         ███ ████████████ ███
██████▀          ███ ████████████ ███
███████           ███ ████████████ ███

▄████▄                  ███████   
██████                 ▄██████     
▀████▀                ▄█████▀     
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄    ▄█████▀       
▄██████████████████▄  ██▄ █████▀         
████████████████████  ██████▀▀           
████████████████████  ██████▄             
███ ████████████ ███                     
███ ████████████ ███                     
███ ████████████ ███                       
  [    |    ████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███            ▀████████
███  ███████  ▄  ▀██████
███           ██▄  ▀████
███  ███████  ████▄  ███
███                  ███
███  ██████████████  ███
███                  ███
███  ██████████████  ███
███                  ███
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
  ] 
FACEBOOK  )   (  TWITTER  )
  SUBSCRIBE NOW!!! 
INSTAGRAM  )  (  LINKEDIN  )
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 3677

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 09:00:47 AM

Bitcoin is so risky for a newbie that want to invest 10k$ to buy 1 BTC. Because price changes fast in high short time (100$ every minute).

so try to invest with your extra income to buy little of bitcoin & foucs on altcoins (ETH,BCH).
player514
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:05:30 AM

Of course, at this rate of growth people will be trying their best in order to get the most out of purchasing. He may be found purchasing after he tanks the price a little and continues to ride the wave as many whales do. Honestly, the more people say that now, the more of a chance there is to buy low.

This area is up for grabs! PM me if you're interested.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: