Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 05:51:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining litecoin with usb miners  (Read 795 times)
Regolin542 (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 06:42:37 AM

Can i mine litecoin with usb miners like e.g. GekkoScience
RussIT99

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 06:45:13 AM

I don't think you will make a lot of money but for fun , yes
amrulshare

Activity: 1316
Merit: 546

Monday Hit Me Every week

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:02:18 AM

yes, you can be mining litecoin with USB miner. But it will not be profitable and waste your time, if you want to seriously mine litecoin why do not you buy a better hardware and make it more profitable

The main key to success is in the value of assets that are getting more valuable. Recommended Crypto Trading platform Binance.com
Dlikrot

Activity: 228
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:32:10 AM

It’s not a learning process anymore, because the big miners are almost plug and play. Buy the ones that have capacity to actually make profit Smiley

To btc or not to btc - that is the electrum
blevotron

Activity: 226

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:59:30 AM

you probably can but outcome will be  disappointing  Embarrassed
imesh4you

Activity: 210

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:00:33 AM

how
mittooss

Activity: 154

DEm1CKDTViM1y9YmEcBaktNLWVx8rwuQUm

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:20:30 AM

Yes you can do but you won't be able to make much profit from it.
min1217ac

Activity: 21

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 10:12:05 AM

Yes, you can do it. It doesn't need more space and very safety than ASIC or mining use GPU. But your profit small than use ASIC or GPU mining.
peteris-apse

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:24:16 AM

at what point those usb miners where profitable? can anyone point me in some blog articles?
bucketofsocks

Activity: 83
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:35:57 AM

No. GekkoScience are for sha256 although there are other usb miners that can
jhon_rambo25

Activity: 31

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 12:00:36 PM

Yes, you can be mining with GekkoScience and have lower power consumption
  • 15+gh/s mining speed
  • 31-.35 watts per gh!
But you have lower profit
Regolin542 (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 01:07:10 PM

No. GekkoScience are for sha256 although there are other usb miners that can

Can you tell me what other miners will be good? I'm beggining my adventure with cryptocurrencies ;d
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 01:33:18 PM

Everyone is completely missing the point.

The Gekkoscience Compac and 2Pac are strictly SHA256 miners. It isn’t possible to mine Litecoin, which is a scrypt currency, with the sticks.

One Scrypt USB miner is the Futurebit Moonlander 2, which has sold out but would be what you would want to look at if you want a Scrypt stick. Keep in mind these are mainly lottery mining units or collectibles and you won’t be making hundreds from them.
Regolin542 (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 03:24:43 PM

The Gekkoscience Compac and 2Pac are strictly SHA256 miners. It isn’t possible to mine Litecoin, which is a scrypt currency, with the sticks.

One Scrypt USB miner is the Futurebit Moonlander 2, which has sold out but would be what you would want to look at if you want a Scrypt stick. Keep in mind these are mainly lottery mining units or collectibles and you won’t be making hundreds from them.

Oh.. so what can you mine except bitcoin i don't have the kind of money to mine bitcoin or uprade my current hardware
nu1mlock

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 03:28:04 PM

Oh.. so what can you mine except bitcoin i don't have the kind of money to mine bitcoin or uprade my current hardware
You won't earn anything with a USB miner. Only buy one if you feel comfortable with throwing your money away on lottery tickets.
Mr_Snipes

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 03:29:26 PM

You can try to preorder moonlander 2 if you just want to play around a bit.
Theres a thread about it in this altcoin-section.
It is a scrypt asic miner. But as said by others: it is not making a (fast) roi.
Regolin542 (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:57:49 PM

So what other coins can you mine I really wouldn't like to buy another gpu
smoolae

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:09:02 PM

So what other coins can you mine I really wouldn't like to buy another gpu

With SHA256 miners you mine SHA256 coins (BTC, BCH, PPC,...)
With Scrypt miners you mine Scrypt coins (LTC, DGB, DOGE,...)

In order to really get some money out of mining, you just HAVE to invest a little more. So a GPU rig or a powerful ASIC would be your best bet.

nogoodcoin

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:38:11 PM

This was a very old mining type. But you can not mining like that anymore, because the difficulty of Litecoin has increased a lot. It will not be a profitable venture for you.

▄█
            ██  ██
           ██  ████
          ██  ██  ██
         ██  ██    ██
        ██  ██  ██  ██
       ██  ██    ██  ██
      ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
     ██  ██  ████  ██  ██
    ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
   ██  ██  ██    ██  ██  ██
  ██  ██  ██████████  ██  ██
 ██                    ██  ██
█████████████████████▄  ██  █
                         ██
▀███████████████████████████

█████ █   █ █████      ███          █████████████▄▄    ████            ████     ▄▄██████████      ▄▄██████████
  █   █   █ █         █████         ████████████████    ████          ████     █████████████     █████████████
  █   █████ █████    ███████        ███         ▀███     ████        ████     ███▀              ███▀
  █   █   █ █        ███ ███        ███          ███      ████      ████      ███               ███
  █   █   █ █████   ███   ███       ███          ███       ████    ████       ███               ███
                    ███   ███       ███         ▄███        ████  ████        ███▄              ███▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▀          ████████          ██████████▄▄      ██████████▄▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▄           ██████            ▀▀██████████      ▀▀██████████
                  ███       ███     ███         ▀███           ████                      ▀███              ▀███
                  █████████████     ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███████████████    ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███         ███    ███         ▄███           ████                      ▄███              ▄███
                ███           ███   ████████████████           ████           ██████████████    ██████████████
                ███           ███   █████████████▀▀            ████           ███████████▀▀     ███████████▀▀

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
TOKEN-SALE : Apr 16 2018
     DAICO :       May 16 2018

ANN Thread  ■  Whitepaper
■  Twitter
■  Telegram
■  Facebook
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:08:20 AM

Litecoin pricing has increased enough that the old Gridseed GC3355 based miners MIGHT be profitable again - if your cost of electric is SUPER low.
The Moonlander and Moonlander 2 ARE profitable, though the original needs semi-cheap electric to be making money.

ROI is a different issue - but if you already HAVE the miners and they are profitable, might as well use them.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: