Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:17:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin alternatives  (Read 530 times)
Kryptogenie (OP)

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 07:41:23 AM

What are your opinions about the best alternative of bitcoin? Which cryptocurrency you would like to choose for investment?

BITEX >>> The First Locally-Embedded, Yet Global, Crypto-Bank <<< WHITEPAPER - ANN - JOIN WHITELIST NOW!
                TELEGRAM    FACEBOOK   TWITTER    YOUTUBE    LINE       PRE-ICO STARTS 23RD APRIL 12:00 GMT
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Bazinga!

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:23:37 AM

What are your opinions about the best alternative of bitcoin?

nothing really.
each altcoin out there has some serious issue that makes it a bad option as an "alternative" to bitcoin.

Which cryptocurrency you would like to choose for investment?

for investment if we are talking about a long term one then only bitcoin and nothing else. there are some altcoins with a stable price but that doesn't make them an investment, you can store your value there. and the rest don't do well in long term.

if we are talking about a short term investment then bitcoin and altcoins are both good options. but it comes down to timing and knowing when some altcoin is a good option for trading and when you should stay away from them. and that is the hard part which you can only learn by experience.

Buying the dip...
babsjoe

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:29:21 AM

The answer to your question is sn obvious answer! Look at coinmarketcap and the position of altcoin listed there will gove you an idea of serious contestant to bitcoin! Practically speaking also, some altcoin are doing wonderfully well you just have to research and decide for yourself what you are going to be investing in!
lelecoeg

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:33:57 AM

Nexus
  • Recent Price: $3.41
  • Market Cap: $169,909,807
  • 30-Day Return: 115.74%

Nexus improves on the blockchain protocol with a lightweight database that speeds up processing power and employs large, one-time use keys for enhanced security. The cryptocompany is working with the aerospace industry to launch low earth orbit satellites to link the blockchain with communications technology for a fully decentralized internet. Founder Collin Cantrell has an aerospace pedigree—his father, Jim, was a founding member of Elon Musk’s SpaceX.

In late August, Nexus surged from $1.50 to $3.50 before pulling back and finding support at the 50% retracement level of $2.50.
profit-shooter

Activity: 252

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:39:12 AM

I would say that no alternatives for long-term. But if take into account middle-term investments (for example 2018) I would invest in XRP and Ethereum. But holding always 40% in BTC must be a good practice.
sophiasophia22

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:53:29 AM

You can read about it here
https://www.investopedia.com/trading/4-topperforming-alternatives-bitcoin/
asayoyaasa
Copper Member

Activity: 648
Merit: 159

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 09:13:15 AM

every coin or token have plus and minus side but i cant find any best alt that can compare to bitcoin except ethereum this time. and investing to an ICO not a bad idea though as long you know what you doing and have full knowlade about project you invest to

This is my main account. My alt account for bounty report in the future >> asa crypto info
BitNaija

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 10:22:35 AM

My take about your question is Ethereum. Ethereum is gradually servicing as the alternative to bitcoin. It is becoming widely acceptable. This is reflective in the consistent increase in price of ETH.

DRVX

Activity: 966

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:09:09 PM

I would sure choose Litecoin. Just feel that soon this cryptocurrency will show itself, and all will start buying it. I have some clons of LTC in my wallet already and I am going to trade to get more of them very soon.
Usui-Chan

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 01:29:41 PM

If you specifically want an alternative for bitcoin, you can count on ethereum for long term investments since it is pretty much similar to bitcoin in terms of value and time that is surfaced on the internet.
DjTremor

Activity: 151

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 01:31:57 PM

I would sure choose Litecoin. Just feel that soon this cryptocurrency will show itself, and all will start buying it. I have some clons of LTC in my wallet already and I am going to trade to get more of them very soon.

There is actually no bitcoin alternative. Litecoin is just a good altcoin, that's all for it. Never comment about bitcoin forks as the bitcoin alternative please. They're generally useless.
Djabba

Activity: 528

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 01:39:19 PM

This question has already been discussed many times and many give approximately the same answers - this is Ethereum and coins from the top 10-20. It seems to me that at the moment this is the right decision and you can not invent anything new
webmone

Activity: 287

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 04:47:32 PM

I will not agree with those guys, who say that there is no any alternative to Bitcoin. If you deal with several altcoins, you will get even more profit. Additionally, I see Litecoin as a future alternative of BTC.  Shocked
ajqjjj

Activity: 1498
Merit: 507

Not your Keys, not your Bitcoin

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 04:54:41 PM

What are your opinions about the best alternative of bitcoin? Which cryptocurrency you would like to choose for investment?

Absolutely that is ethereum only next to bitcoin every people concentrating on ethereum only that is known information to the all people in the forum. Even nowadays are find many ethereum based altcoin has been listed every day in the market place.
So those all credits will goes to ethereum only even from the past two weeks its value has been grown more in the chart.
Some people think that splitted coins such as BTG, BCH has the growth in market and it will lead to set next place after bitcoin.

-support Bitcoin Community Bitcointalk.org-
Always verify wallet to store your Bitcoin
Donations are open, send PM
NerdYale

Activity: 276

BitSong is a decentralized music streaming platfor

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 05:00:05 PM

For now I'll bet for ethereum. Right now its very stable and a lot of ICOs are based on eth so this makes ethereum stronger. I could also go for litecoin and bitoincash, they seemed pretty good to me for long time HODLing.

darkmatter45

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 05:01:52 PM

Nothing.

To be an alternative to Bitcoin a few importans things you would need would be Decentralization and for it become a name that is mainstream. Ethereum and Litecoin are a few of the coins that have been around for sometime and are somewhat alternatives. But the real alternative to Bitcoin has not been created yet.
crypto_bit

Activity: 168
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 05:11:54 PM

length of the chain - BTC is the longest and with this feature no altcoin can compete. In case of utility ETH provides very serious solutions to public agreements by smart contracts, but... it is not a subject of competition with BTC. There is no way. 
faithupgrade

Activity: 475
Merit: 253

ARCS - A New World Token

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 05:14:06 PM

So far the best alternatives alts to Bitcoin in terms of payment gateway is: LTC, DASH, DCR, XMR, and DOGE.

▄▄██████▄
    ▄███████████
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀       ▄▄▄
 ▄████
█▀             ████▄
█████               █████▄
█████                 █████
█████               █████
 ▀████
█▄           ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
ARCS
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A   N E W   W O R L D   T O K E N
|     WEBSITE     |     TWITTER     |   TELEGRAM   |     MEDIUM     |  WHITEPAPER  |
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
SONG GEET

Activity: 700

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 05:18:24 PM

Alt coins = alternative coins so basically all other cryptocurrencies are alternative to bitcoin.

If you are looking for investment than you should buy multiple coins to diversify your risk and should only buy coins with high marketcap. Don't get scammed by fake coins and big promises.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
kyori

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

DECENTRALIZED CLOUD SERVICES

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 05:34:42 PM

I would like to invest in ethereum because it is the 2nd ranked crypto and the price in the market is increasing just like bitcoin, there are rumors going on that it will reach $800

⚡️ IAGON — WE REVOLUTIONIZE THE CLOUD ⚡️ | TOKEN SALE | DISCUSSION |
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: