Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:12:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy BTC from a FIAT loan!!  (Read 143 times)
rddsd7 (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:06:27 AM

Hey guys,

i'm gonna get a bank loan (1000$ @ 13% annual interest rate) and buy BTC. is it a good option??

pls advice.
salihno71

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:16:04 AM

As long as you're aware of the risks which investments in cryptocurrencies carry with them, and you're ok with the possibility that you might lose those 1000$ it's ok. It will most likely be worth it but there is possibility that you might lose your money. In the end it's a risk and the choice and the consequences of the choice (good or bad) are yours alone.
percy_tc

Activity: 583
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:26:18 AM

Hey guys,

i'm gonna get a bank loan (1000$ @ 13% annual interest rate) and buy BTC. is it a good option??

pls advice.

My advise is to buy crypto equal to 50% of your savings max. Don't forget you need your own countries FIAT to buy food and etc.

Getting a loan is not a wise choice. Of yourse it could work, but you also can loose it.

bitcoinveda

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:28:44 AM

i would suggest bitcoin is at all time peak so better wait for the better price and then buy i would also suggest to check other alt coins at less price to buy and hold
TheGodson

Activity: 383
Merit: 161

https://nitrogensports.eu/r/4896627

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:31:17 AM

This is really really stupid. Don't get a loan to gamble your money. That is complete degeneracy. Work at a job and save up some money. Transfer that money to bitcoin. If Bitcoin crashes you won't be doomed to pay interest. 13% annual interest rate is huge! Don't do this to yourself.

delitte

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

PRESALE BEGINS UP TO 45% DISCOUNT

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:34:24 AM

Actually I was thinking about it last time when Bitcoin was $2,000 plus but that moment I never thought it will bubble up to $11,000 today so I regret. I suppose doing it while the iron is hot.

Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2457

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 09:39:07 AM

That is a terrible idea for several reasons.

Bitcoin is extremely volatile, and this means that there is a wide spread, and any future price rise needs to cover this for both the buying and the selling.
The price of Bitcoin is being manipulated, and it may go down for a sustained period, or shoot up to provide quick profits. Buying Bitcoin is a long term investment in my opinion. Trading the coin is extremely risks.
13% is far too high a rate for a loan, you should be able to get one for 2-4%
You should never borrow money for high risk speculation such as Bitcoin.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
severaldetails

Activity: 959
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:46:40 AM

Would strongly advise against that.
Bitcoin still is a risky business, so the money you put in it should be money that you can afford to lose.
Right now we see some major fluctuations.
And because of the speed we see that happening at the moment, I suppose even the traders are uncertain if bitcoin can hold the present price level.
Money you got from a loan, you have to pay back at some point. It would be unfortunate when that point comes exactly at the moment where bitcoin is in a set back phase.
Mike Dickhead

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:47:06 AM

Yeah... terrible idea, big risk.

Save your own money and invest slowly... Undecided
greply

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:51:31 AM

That is a terrible idea for several reasons.

Bitcoin is extremely volatile, and this means that there is a wide spread, and any future price rise needs to cover this for both the buying and the selling.
The price of Bitcoin is being manipulated, and it may go down for a sustained period, or shoot up to provide quick profits. Buying Bitcoin is a long term investment in my opinion. Trading the coin is extremely risks.
13% is far too high a rate for a loan, you should be able to get one for 2-4%
You should never borrow money for high risk speculation such as Bitcoin.

I couldn't agree with this more. There is a common saying that I'm sure we've all heard but it couldn't be more true, especially in this situation: Only invest what you can afford to lose.

I would suggest if you are wanting to get into the market, either do it with a lower amount that you can afford or (as has been suggested) wait and save up until you have what you think is a suitable amount and then invest.

If there is one that you can rely on in crypto investing/trading it's that there will always be another pump and another dump. The market is highly volatile and highly influenced by major players who make the market hard to predict for us average investors.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: