Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:18:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CampBX is down  (Read 944 times)
Cubic Earth (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 11:25:57 PM

Just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
adub

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2013, 11:29:59 PM

It was down for me too but seems to be up now.

blog.atlantabitcoin.com || www.linkedin.com/in/atlantabitcoin
Ask me about how to legally operate Bitcoin ATM/Kiosks in the US!
Curious about how the various Bitcoin ATMs measure up? Check out bitcoinatmsales.com.
Bitrated: https://www.bitrated.com/aawilliams/
readonlyaccess

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 11:49:13 PM

Seems to be hit or miss for the past few hours.  I've had cloudflare pop up at least a dozen times.
Cubic Earth (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 12:01:50 AM

Back up for me too.  I like CampBX, but they really need to get some faster servers.  Their site is always slow to move around in.  They also need to beef up their two-factor auth. offerings.  It's only google authenticator right now.  Adding email, sms, or both would be welcome.

Also, I always need to enter my login credential twice to actually log in.  Very strange.
tclo

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 12:09:48 AM

yes campbx is always sluggish and does go down way too often. 

Also there is some kind of new glitch where if you have a pending sell order and cancel it, it won't show the BTC back in your acct properly. I have just do an additional little trade to "free" up my BTC...irritating.
adub

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2013, 09:21:05 PM

yeah it was just down. Cloud flare took over. wtf

blog.atlantabitcoin.com || www.linkedin.com/in/atlantabitcoin
Ask me about how to legally operate Bitcoin ATM/Kiosks in the US!
Curious about how the various Bitcoin ATMs measure up? Check out bitcoinatmsales.com.
Bitrated: https://www.bitrated.com/aawilliams/
Keyur @ Camp BX

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2013, 11:51:02 PM

Just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem.

Hi Cubic Earth,
     Our sincerest apologies for the slowdown during today's spike in activity.  To give you an overview of the problem, our trade-engine code executes trades in under 20ms, however the Bitcoin-bound code takes 10x-30x longer to settle the trade.  Bitcoin client is still in beta at version 0.8, so putting heavy, real-time load through it is the performance bottleneck.  All Bitcoin start-ups are struggling around the same issue.  Several Bitcoin websites use a detached/decoupled architecture to work around the problem, while we have decided to take a different approach and fix the root cause.

This will take us till end of the month to implement, but at the end we will be more like NYSE and less like MtGox.  We are also working on a major data center upgrade and new servers are undergoing testing.

Our apologies again for the sluggishness in the meantime,
      Keyur

Please stay tuned to our news and announcements feeds at:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CampBX
Facebook: https://facebook.com/CampBX
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 11:56:10 PM

Our sincerest apologies for the slowdown during today's spike in activity.  To give you an overview of the problem, our trade-engine code executes trades in under 20ms, however the Bitcoin-bound code takes 10x-30x longer to settle the trade.  Bitcoin client is still in beta at version 0.8, so putting heavy, real-time load through it is the performance bottleneck.  All Bitcoin start-ups are struggling around the same issue.  Several Bitcoin websites use a detached/decoupled architecture to work around the problem, while we have decided to take a different approach and fix the root cause.
That doesn't make any sense at all. The performance of your trade engine should have nothing to do with bitcoind, because there's no reason that internal database adjustment to customer balances have anything whatsoever to do with the blockchain, and even if it did that doesn't explain why every action on the website is sluggish even on the best days.
Keyur @ Camp BX

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2013, 11:58:37 PM

That doesn't make any sense at all. The performance of your trade engine should have nothing to do with bitcoind, because there's no reason that internal database adjustment to customer balances have anything whatsoever to do with the blockchain, and even if it did that doesn't explain why every action on the website is sluggish even on the best days.

We settle trades in real-time between customer wallets, in addition to updating balances in the database.

Please stay tuned to our news and announcements feeds at:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CampBX
Facebook: https://facebook.com/CampBX
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 02:19:27 AM

We settle trades in real-time between customer wallets, in addition to updating balances in the database.
Now I'm more confused because I frequently buy bitcoins on CampBX then immediately withdraw my entire balance to an external address. The transactions wherein this occurs always have change addresses, which means the addresses they are coming from contain more than just my balance. This does not make sense if funds are held in separate wallets for each individual user.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: