Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 02:23:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Export of Private Keys  (Read 238 times)
Aurik (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 12:11:57 PM

Hey everyone Wink

I've come to the point where I want to access half of my portfolio, including BTC, BCH and BTG.
As all of my funds still sit in an old Raspberry Pi - Coldwallet with Armory, and my Online Computer only runs against a Bitcoin Core Node, so I consider doing it this way:
1) Send the BTC to the target Address (Exchange).
2) Export the Private Key and Import them somewhere, so i can spend the BCH without running a BCH-Node.
3) Doing the same with BTG.

My questions are the following:
a) Does it damage the security of my Armory-wallet by exporting some Private Keys? (In other words: Is it possible in any way that someone could calculate my seed with some of my private keys?) (Ofc. I am aware, that i can not use this single address anymore!)
b) What is the best/easiest way to import my Priv Keys so that i can spend the BCH/BTG?
c) anything you could add / recommend about this plan?
gangtraet

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 01:31:33 PM

a) Does it damage the security of my Armory-wallet by exporting some Private Keys? (In other words: Is it possible in any way that someone could calculate my seed with some of my private keys?) (Ofc. I am aware, that i can not use this single address anymore!)
Yes, it totally compromises your wallet!  Just one private key together with the watch-only wallet, or two private keys together are enough to calculate all remaining keys in your wallet!

b) What is the best/easiest way to import my Priv Keys so that i can spend the BCH/BTG?
c) anything you could add / recommend about this plan?

1.  Create a new Armory wallet on your raspberry pi.

2.  Back it up.  Test the backup.  Store the backup as securely as you store the backup of your previous wallet.

3.  Move the BTC you want to sell to an exchange.

4.  Move the rest to the new wallet.

5.  Export all private keys, import them into a BCH wallet.  Send your BCH and sell them.

6.  Do the same with Gold, but later since many BTG wallets will steal your private keys, and run away with both BTG, BCH and BTC.
Aurik (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 01:42:13 PM
Last edit: December 01, 2017, 02:08:49 PM by Aurik

Yes, it totally compromises your wallet!  Just one private key together with the watch-only wallet, or two private keys together are enough to calculate all remaining keys in your wallet!

Are you sure about that? I would have not expected this, so glad I asked bevor acting.

As it would be very difficult for me to create a new Wallet (because of the high security steps I took in order to properly have backups in different places) i guess i will install a bch-node and move my funds via armory. Still have to update my coldwallet then, but it might be the easier way.

Or is there any way i can run my online-armory against a bch-node on the internet? So that i dont need to sync a new node all day long.... I know, it has some loss in privacy included, but i'll take that.

EDIT: Btw: Where can I find the latest Raspberry-Offline version, including the bch-signer?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: