Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:04:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Running a full Vertcoin (or any other altcoin) Node  (Read 156 times)
erltoichi (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 12:54:51 PM

Since some of the Altcoins are looking for people or organisations willing to run a full coin node I thought I give it a try and put one up for Vertcoin (VTC).
A full node is a computer running the coin daemon and is accesible from the Internet and can be reached by other nodes. Having many nodes means that transactions and blocks can be processes faster by the network.
It's quite straightforward to set the node up - I am not going to describe the process here, as there are many descriptions on the Internet already - so one node is now running at IP 95.143.57.78.
The next step would be to make some statistics about the node and the Vertcoin blockchain available at vtcnode.ofehr.com - but I am unsure as how to do that. Anyone having experience with that (for Vertcoin or any other Altcoin) and can recommend some software, or do I have to write that from scratch?
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 02:01:23 PM

~snip~
The next step would be to make some statistics about the node and the Vertcoin blockchain available at vtcnode.ofehr.com - but I am unsure as how to do that. Anyone having experience with that (for Vertcoin or any other Altcoin) and can recommend some software, or do I have to write that from scratch?
iquidus and bitcoin-abe is the answer, both are the most used blockchain explorer that has high portability to another coin and have good documentation.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: