Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 09:57:09 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with wallet transaction tracking - Important!  (Read 205 times)
Ameador1 (OP)

Activity: 124
Merit: 47

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 01:39:26 PM

I just started mining. I received my first payout yesterday from Antpool to a Ledger Nano S segwit wallet. Well, the payemt shows it was paid out on their site. And, if I go to BLockchain.info and search for this wallet address: 3DWRTQqHsQ6jeWPAneLC3Ajiy8DiPa2eoa, it shows the payment in there with the amount Antpool says was paid. But, it is not showing up on my Nano S.

So, I have another segwit wallet on my Nano S that has multiple transactions in it and a small balance in it right now. But when I search this address on blockchain.info, it shows no balance or transaction for that wallet: 3FsLvSmX6JYczGnDLApSWQsgadDCqcpCff

So, I appearantly do not understand something correctly about how to move BTC around with these wallets or how to look them up on the blockchain to verify transactions.

Please help. I have more payments to be issued soon and need to know how to get this right so I'm not potentially losing BTC!

I need to get the Antpool payment into my wallet, why does my wallet with transactions not show any transactions or balance in blockchain.info, yet it does for this Antpool payment on the other wallet? I am confused!

Thanks!
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1353

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 02:37:43 PM

Kinda confused on what you're trying to tell us in here. What is your registered payment address on Antpool? Is it this one: 3DWRTQqHsQ6jeWPAneLC3Ajiy8DiPa2eoa or this one: 3FsLvSmX6JYczGnDLApSWQsgadDCqcpCff? You need to look up if you have the address on your wallet that was paid, and the second address would be unimportant, also a quick search with that second address shows up no results whatsoever. Try to browse all your receiving addresses on your wallet. Usually, the wallet would show the available balance on all of your addresses. You might have inputted an incorrect receiving address on your Antpool account or may have your wallet reset without you even knowing it.
Ameador1 (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:01:22 PM

Kinda confused on what you're trying to tell us in here. What is your registered payment address on Antpool? Is it this one: 3DWRTQqHsQ6jeWPAneLC3Ajiy8DiPa2eoa or this one: 3FsLvSmX6JYczGnDLApSWQsgadDCqcpCff? You need to look up if you have the address on your wallet that was paid, and the second address would be unimportant, also a quick search with that second address shows up no results whatsoever. Try to browse all your receiving addresses on your wallet. Usually, the wallet would show the available balance on all of your addresses. You might have inputted an incorrect receiving address on your Antpool account or may have your wallet reset without you even knowing it.

I am making a point of what you are seeing. I have 2 wallets in my Nano S right now. Both are segwit based wallets. I used the address 3DWRTQqHsQ6jeWPAneLC3Ajiy8DiPa2eoa with Antpool. They paid out. I can see the payout in that wallet address with the amount Antpool said they paid when looking at blockchain.info. BUT, when I go into my Nano S, the wallet does not show the payment is received. There are no transaction listed on my Nano S for that wallet.

But, in my wallet with address 3FsLvSmX6JYczGnDLApSWQsgadDCqcpCff (which I did not use with Antpool - only for cash to BTC transactions through exchanges), my Nano S shows a balance and many transaction - but when I lookup that wallet address on blockchain - it shows no balance or transactions.

So I don't understand? Why is the Nano S not showing the payout to 3DWRTQqHsQ6jeWPAneLC3Ajiy8DiPa2eoa from Antpool? The address is correct - no errors. I copied and pasted the address from the wallet to Antpool. Blockchain.info does show the transaction and balance - but then on my other Nano S wallet which has many transactions it shows nothing on blockchain.info.

I am simply comparing the two. When I saw that 3DWRTQqHsQ6jeWPAneLC3Ajiy8DiPa2eoa has nothing showing up in my Nano S, I looked in Blockchain.info to see if it was on the blockchain ledger. It is. But it's not in my Nano S. So I decided to check my other wallet in Blockchain.info to see the comparison about what is listed to try to understand what I see in blockchain.info site. But then I see that it shows no balance or transactions for a wallet that I know for a fact has a balance and transactions in it. So I am confused about what is going on and if I am not doing something right.

Is there some issue between legacy addresses vs segwit addresses causing this? The addresses I listed above are segwit. I do have another wallet that is legacy, but it shows on a different screen in my Nano S and has a different address than these 2, so I am not mixing them up.

Thanks!
Ameador1 (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:15:26 PM

Part of the underlying question here too is - how do I get my BTC now? I had double and triple checked - my Nano S wallet address IS the address listed in the post that shows the transaction in Blockchain.info - but as it is not showing up in my wallet - how do I get it?
Ameador1 (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 05:10:07 PM

Here is a screen shot of my Ledger Nano S where I clicked on Receive, and selected the Account (wallet?) that I want to receive BTC into. I assume the address listed is the one to use when listing on Antpool - correct? Well, that is what I did. If that is not correct, where did my BTC go and can I get it back?

AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 05:12:34 PM

Here is a screen shot of my Ledger Nano S where I clicked on Receive, and selected the Account (wallet?) that I want to receive BTC into. I assume the address listed is the one to use when listing on Antpool - correct? Well, that is what I did. If that is not correct, where did my BTC go and can I get it back?

Look up the adress in http://blockchain.info, and copy paste the outputs in http://walletexplorer.com, this might give you an idea of where the coins are/ which wallet you actually used.

You're the only one who can specify a withdraw adress on antpool, not us.

There's not much you can do once you discover that they are sent to the wrong adress, especially if you don't know to who the adress belongs.

Ameador1 (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 06:28:37 PM

Look up the adress in http://blockchain.info, and copy paste the outputs in http://walletexplorer.com, this might give you an idea of where the coins are/ which wallet you actually used.

You're the only one who can specify a withdraw adress on antpool, not us.

There's not much you can do once you discover that they are sent to the wrong adress, especially if you don't know to who the adress belongs.

In my previous posts, I make the point that nothing shows up in my wallet for the bitcoin address that was used in Antpool to pay me. The bitcoin address does show they paid my bitcoin address on blockchain.info - but I am not getting it in my wallet. My wallet IS 100% showing the same bitcoin address. I can go into my wallet, click on Receive, copy/paste the bitcoin address into Blockchain.info and I get the transaction showing where Antpool paid me - it just isn't showing up in my wallet.

Oddly enough, I have other bitcoin addresses for other accounts/wallets that I have sent/received bitcoin from in my wallet - but when I lookup those bitcoin addresses on blockchain.info - no balances or transactions show. I have also sent in a ticket to Ledger Wallet to see what they say.

I have been looking at the transactions in my wallet and am confused with what I am getting from that. I can see the when I have receive BTC into one of my accounts/wallets an address that doesn't match the address it shows when I click on Receive and it gives me a Bitcoin Address. See the picture I linked earlier. For example, I picked a transaction in my wallet where I received BTC. When I look at the details it shows the To address as: 36VmhFH6k1d8Wmz5xdVQrDqRzofYDpfE1Q. But when I click on Receive for this same account/wallet, it gives me this bitcoin address: 3FsLvSmX6JYczGnDLApSWQsgadDCqcpCff. If I search for 3FsLvSmX6JYczGnDLApSWQsgadDCqcpCff on the blockchain.info, I get nothing. If I search for 36VmhFH6k1d8Wmz5xdVQrDqRzofYDpfE1Q in blockchain.info I get details related to transactions on that account/wallet.

It seems like it's related to being able to have multiple receive addresses coming to a single wallet address. But I still don't understand why I can't get my Antpool payout. The image I posted is from my account/wallet that I used in the Antpool payout settings. The bitcoin address is 10000% the same address as between what my wallet shows, the address antpool paid out to, and what gives of transaction detail in blockchain.info - I am simply not getting my BTC in my wallet.
Ameador1 (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 07:08:18 PM

Ok. I have gotten a little further with this. Each of my accounts/wallets has an Extended Public Key(EPK). If I export this EPK for the Mining account and search it on the blockchain.info - the transaction shows up for the payment from Antpool.

Then, I transferred $5 worth of BTC from one of my other Ledger Nano S accounts/wallets to my Mining account/wallet. This transaction showed up in my Mining account/wallet immediately. Still not confirmed, but I see it. Prior to this, this Mining account/wallet had a 0BTC balance in it. Now, when I search the blockchain.info for the EPK, both transactions show up!!!!

But, in my Ledger Nano Wallet - only the $5 worth of BTC I transferred shows up, it still does not show the payment from Antpool yesterday Sad

So, is if you have a Ledger Nano Wallet with a 0BTC balance and transfer in from an external source - does in not work? Does it have to be initialized somehow first? At this point, the EPK shows on blockchain.info that the Antpool payment and this $5 worth of BTC should be tied to the same account/wallet - it's just getting Ledger Nano to see this I suppose.

Any advice on this now? Does Ledger Wallet company have to fix this? Will they show up at some point?

Thanks!

Ameador1 (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 07:18:45 PM

YYEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!

The Antpool payment just showed up! It had to be some kind of an initialization of the wallet due to having a 0BTC balance prior to an external deposit. Once I made a deposit to that account/wallet from one of my other Ledger Nano accounts/wallets, the Antpool payment showed up within a few minutes! It had been on the blockchain.info page since late yesterday - so 12 or 14 hours or so.

Very odd and freaking me out as I have nearly $1000 that I have coming in from exchanges using these same wallets! I thought I might be on the path to losing a bunch of cash into limbo!

Thanks!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: