Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:28:21 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Legality in India  (Read 1456 times)
Jombrangs

Activity: 630
Merit: 258

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 10:08:32 AM

From the things that I have read about this issue, I think the government of India is just protecting the personal interest between their fellowmen and the company of BItcoin.
India is cash-based country wherein there is small rate of survival in the company of bitcoin and I think that is the reason behind from this issue.
mintonsob

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 12:08:06 PM

India has just legalized the Bitcoin because they saw a lot of significant benefits of it to the people around. Trading with the use of it also made transactions faster.
biskitop

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 12:32:07 PM

From the things that I have read about this issue, I think the government of India is just protecting the personal interest between their fellowmen and the company of BItcoin.
India is cash-based country wherein there is small rate of survival in the company of bitcoin and I think that is the reason behind from this issue.
But at least the Indian government has given its approval on bitcoin. A protection to consumers, I think that's enough.
Fire Rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1267
Merit: 1000

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 11:03:55 PM

India has just legalized the Bitcoin because they saw a lot of significant benefits of it to the people around. Trading with the use of it also made transactions faster.

When did that happen? When did India legalized Bitcoin? I think many are still not aware about the legality of Bitcoin in India. Government has not approved Bitcoin as  legal and not declared it as illegal either. So there is no wrong in holding Bitcoin in India. Soon government will include them under goods and commodity section for taxation purpose.

.USD Stablecoin Aggregator.                                              ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀█
                                            ▄▀      ▄
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █        █
          ▄▄▀▀▀             ▀▀▄▄    ▀▀▄   ▄▀       █
  ▄     ▄▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▄      ▀▀▄▄   █  █       ▄
▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █ ▄▄ █         ▀ ▄        ▀▀▄█▀▀        █
█ █▄ ▀ ▄█ ▀▄▄▄▄▀   █  ▄    ▀▄        ▄          ▄▄
█ ██               █  █     █   ▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▄          █
█ ▀ ▄▄            █   █   ██▀▀▀     ▄ █▀▀▄       █
 ▀▀   ▀▄       ▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▀▀  ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀ █    █      ▀
         ▀█▄▄▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀         ▄▀▀▀  ▄▀      ▀▄     █
               ▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▀          █    ▀
                                               ▀▀█▄▄▄█
.BabelFish.█▀▀▀▀▀▀
█      ▀
 █        █      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  █       ▀▄   ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀             ▀▀▀▄▄
  ▀▄       █  █   ▄▄▀▀      ▄▀         ▄▄▄▄ ▀▄     ▄
   █        ▀▀█▀▀        ▄ ▀         █ ▄▄ █  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀
   ▀▄▄          ▄        ▄▀    ▄  █   ▀▄▄▄▄▀ █▄ ▀ ▄█ █
   █          ▄▀ ▀▀▀▄▄   █     █  █               ██ █
   █       ▄▀▀█ ▄     ▀▀▀██   █   █            ▄▀▄ ▀ █
  ▄█      █    █ ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀  ▀▀▄▄█▄  ▀▄▄       ▄▀   ▀
  █     ▄▀      ▀▄  ▀▀▀▄         ▀▄▄▄ ▀▄▄▄▄█▀
 ▄▀    █          ▀▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
█▄▄▄█▀▀
.FISH token sale at Sovryn.████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
suvo05

Activity: 1162
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 04:34:35 AM

Everyone is stating their own statement about the Legality of bitcoin but there is no official announcement about the bitcoin by the Gov itself. And every week a new rumours coming about it in the news or social media. The Central bank once warned the people, who are investing in bitcoin that the bitcoin price is not regulated and there is no official body to complain about any issue regarding bitcoin. That statement also crooked by the media and they represent it a wrong way.

bajigur894784

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 06:47:00 AM

As I heard, some time ago CNBC India announced that the Indian government committee has decided to support Bitcoin and is currently forming a task force to create various regulatory frameworks in order bitcoin to legalize entirely.
jatin729

Activity: 812
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 09:59:16 AM

When did that happen? When did India legalized Bitcoin? I think many are still not aware about the legality of Bitcoin in India. Government has not approved Bitcoin as  legal and not declared it as illegal either. So there is no wrong in holding Bitcoin in India. Soon government will include them under goods and commodity section for taxation purpose.
Yes i agree with you, but Indian govt. warn crypto holders many times, actually we can't predict the mood of government right now.
it is true that bitcoin neither legal nor illegal, that does not make sense for bitcoin holders, so always risk is involved in trading.

v10077755

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 11:43:18 AM

I agree with the reply, based on my readings, India has already legalized bitcoin, and actually, India has the largest holding of bitcoin and is one of the countries that has the biggest bitcoin value. I mean India has been known in the tech industry for quite a while now, no wonder they have already delve deep into the bitcoin market considering it's rise in value and popularity these days
v10077755

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 11:51:25 AM

its very good!
kimochidesh

Activity: 518
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 11:30:08 AM

Will bitcoins be recognized by the Indian Government ?
Bitcoin is legal in India. I mean, although they have not declared it legal but they have also not made it illegal. You can still invest in or buy Bitcoin. Only the banks in India are prohibited to deal in cryptocurrencies. This was, in fact, quite expected as banks have never shown a positive attitude regarding cryptocurrencies. But this does not mean that it is illegal in India.
Hannahanto

Activity: 826
Merit: 111

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 02:06:25 PM

Bitcoin is legal in India. I mean, although they have not declared it legal but they have also not made it illegal. You can still invest in or buy Bitcoin. Only the banks in India are prohibited to deal in cryptocurrencies. This was, in fact, quite expected as banks have never shown a positive attitude regarding cryptocurrencies. But this does not mean that it is illegal in India.

Bitcoin is not legal at the same time it is not ilegal in india. Many people in India now use bitcoin, they earn money through bitcoin. It gives job to many people who have jobless. It fullfill many people basic needs. Just RBI warns the bank to control the tarnsactions of the people who made it through bitcoin. It gives three months warning period to the people who deals with the bitcoin. We cannot predict whether it is going to be continue or not. Lets wait and see the changes.
Greenkarki

Activity: 420
Merit: 19

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 03:03:11 PM

In India bitcoin is not banned. It means bitcoin is not legal and not ilegal. Reserve bank of india just announced that close the accounts of the person who made transaction with bitcoin. We dont whether its going to forward or not. But many countries nowadays accepted bitcoin. We dont know in India whether government will change this rules or not. But still traders doing bitcoin trading through many exchanges. Bitcoin is very popular among people so it is not completely banned. People find another ways to use bitcoin.

DeadCoin

Activity: 1246
Merit: 261

★ Investor | Trader | Promoter

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 06:40:05 PM

It would take minimum three years to even understand the benefits of bitcoin into India. This year RBI announced its entities not to accept or entertain crypto currencies. But if you look at the fact, we can see en-number of bitcoin users from India have risen more and more. The current government may soon allow a business personality to launch his own crypto currency followed by government's own cypto coin called Laxmi.  
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 08:02:38 PM

We dont know in India whether government will change this rules or not. But still traders doing bitcoin trading through many exchanges. Bitcoin is very popular among people so it is not completely banned. People find another ways to use bitcoin.

India will not change anything. It would be an utter incompetent move if they announce something first, and then later on undo or soften their actions. It makes zero sense, especially so with how they have been acting similarly throughout the last years. India has always been firm on its measures concerning sites and tools forming a potential threat. As always, these measures cause the local crypto market to explode, which is something they can only blame themselves for. Regulating a market to strengthen your control is always better than blindly hammering down everything related to crypto like how they do it now. It's their loss at the end of the day -- allowing crypto to develop will boost their economy as well....
dark1234

Activity: 1134
Merit: 167

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 10:04:52 PM

I hope there is hope for bitcoin India to legality in the country because India is a country whose economy began to grow today. perhaps by way of crypto actors there to explain what bitcoin and crypto is because so far the government likens bitcoin as a ponzy place while bitcoin is not the same as it is

nebuch

Activity: 588
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 10:10:46 AM

I am so excited to hear the news of bitcoin landed in India freely. It would give freedom to every bitcoin members from India. Time will come if the government will fix everything absolutely they will recognize crypto. Think about if this government is really don't like crypto and doesn't have a plan anymore in the future they they should totally banned and prohibited every users not to use anymore. Anyone who will be caught will be impression forever.
DeadCoin

Activity: 1246
Merit: 261

★ Investor | Trader | Promoter

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 07:24:35 PM

There are chances as long as the current leader is in link with the biggest business personality Mugesh Ambani . Son of Mugesh Ambani has gone through block chain technology and has formed a team under his responsibility. Working on now to release thier own coin, jiocoin. The leader of the government may form its won currency named Laxmi. Though it would take few years, there are lot possibility.
MLBBPLG

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 01:25:37 PM

of the information I get

But the government won't let Bitcoin trap the honest investors or help the black-money industry. While governments across world are not sure what to do with Bitcoin, the Indian government has swiftly acted to rein in Bitcoin and other such currencies. The income tax department has sent tax notices to tens of thousands of people dealing in cryptocurrency. The notices were sent after a survey assessed the penetration and patterns of virtual currency trade. The tax department is not going to wait u ..

Read more at:
//economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/62579050.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst
Popartoff

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 05:10:39 PM

We will see. Now indian government is busy creating strange restrictions and making noise out of nothing. But I think, that things will change soon, right after creating regulations
KorakPawon

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 02:54:26 AM

The Indian Government May Be Prepared to Legalize and Organize Bitcoin, Indian government officials are in the process of possibly giving legal status to bitcoin. Recently an inter-ministerial committee of parliament of India held its first meeting to discuss the use of bitcoin and virtual currency in the country. The authorities have noticed the volume of bitcoin that many Indians have traded recently. everything will be set by the sparrows.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: