Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:56:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: When Will MTGOX Collapse?  (Voting closed: August 03, 2013, 02:19:59 AM)
Never - 13 (36.1%)
Within 30 Days - 10 (27.8%)
Within 90 Days - 5 (13.9%)
Within 180 Days - 2 (5.6%)
Sometime in 2014 - 6 (16.7%)
Total Voters: 36

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Reviving this old post to announce the winners!  (Read 1415 times)
Pangia (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 02:19:59 AM
Last edit: March 03, 2014, 04:12:43 PM by Pangia

Magic The Gathering Online Exchange isn't too big to fail.  There are several theories on the forum that have essentially espoused the notion that perhaps MTGOX has already failed and are making futile attempts to pull themselves together and the USD withdrawal hiatus was just an attempt to stop the stop the bleeding.  Additionally, the LTC in July was just an attempt to shift the focus away from their USD withdrawal hiatus.

What are your thoughts folks?

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
TheBanker

Activity: 125
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 02:22:51 AM

I predicted their demise last week and its all coming together now. Gox and (potentially) BTC are on its last legs.
Pangia (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 02:25:14 AM

I hope that your potential outcome for BTC doesn't come to fruition. It would be a shame that something so good would fall as a result of a few incompetent and greedy individuals (a.k.a. MTGOX).

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
TheBanker

Activity: 125
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 02:30:20 AM

Well, all I can tell you is that I predicted it and I dont see good things ahead.

Here's how I predicted it a week ago: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=244439.0

Here's what I see in the immediate future (like between now & Monday): https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=249490.0
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2013, 05:48:43 AM

feels like btc-e trollbox in here

naphto

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 09:30:19 AM

Never Smiley
cornfeedhobo

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 04:59:16 PM

I know, can you believe people have opinions and voice them?
Inedible

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 05:00:38 PM

I know, can you believe people have opinions and voice them?

It's disgusting.

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.
Pangia (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:00:04 PM

It seems that the 6 people who said sometime in 2014 are the winners!

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄

▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
Pangia (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:01:01 PM

Never Smiley

Hi Naphto,

How are you doing?

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄

▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
boumalo
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 05:09:13 PM

It seems that the 6 people who said sometime in 2014 are the winners!

The negativity about Mtgox is not recent, when you look on March 3 2014 over the mtgox fiasco, it seems like it was a pretty good idea not to let too much money on the website as soon as in the summer 2013

I was trying to get verified and when I was verified I was hopefully already using an other exchange

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: