Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:00:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: McDonalds to accept Bitcoin by 2018  (Read 8395 times)
Sleekfury

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 11:58:22 PM

This is very good for bitcoin if one fast food will accept it other will need to accept it too and it will provide attraction for people who do not know about it but want to know about it because of it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
orions.belt19

Activity: 686
Merit: 146

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:02:05 AM

I really think this is gonna happen in the future because many merchant right now are really getting interested in holding bitcoin right now, and I have realized recently that there are now many in my country that are now accepting bitcoin, And I really think that even if bitcoin doesn't have a huge amount yet back then many had seen the potential of bitcoin to be use in a direct transaction.
If this is really happening then it is a great thing of course. This is a very high advance because in the end bitcoin can be used for everyday transactions. We must appreciate and continue to support places that can accept bitcoin.
If that fast food chain accept bitcoin, how about their competitors like Jollibee, KFC, Greenwich, Chowking and other food chain? Are they also accept bitcoin in exchange of foods and services? Or they still relied to the Fiat? Because competition in the world market still ongoing so I don't that only McDonald's is used bitcoin.

In addition, if the fast food chain accept bitcoin I'm sure that more people will request to less their price the food and services. Since bitcoin is not covered by the government, I'm sure that no Value Added Tax (VAT) will reflect to the receipt of each fast food chain. Because all their income using bitcoin had no tax.

I don't think that would be the case. Value added tax (VAT) is a form of sales tax, so whether or not your income (in bitcoin) had tax imposed on it or not. You would have to pay for it because its a tax on your consumption of sale of goods or services. In other words, the tax is indirect which may be transferred from seller to buyer.

Honestly, I think that it would be too complicated if Mcdo were to accept bitcoin as a form of payment. It's going to be problematic and I don't even imagine it to be able to accept a foreign currency. From transaction fees to taxes, there are too many issues on the matter.
kenjay11

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:18:25 AM

that's the best news I've heard. Even though I did not earn a bitcoin yet, I'm still happy because we can now use bitcoin to pay in Mcdonald. And because of this good news, I'm sure that the bitcoin will get famous, and hopefully the bitcoin performance will continue.
marlonbatotoy

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:48:19 AM

It's nice to know that MCdonalds have a plan for bitcoin.. but it's a big company if they have a plan for that.. they will advertise it on tv.. to make noise about bitcoin.. i think Bitcoin processing is best to use for Electric Bills, Water Bills but in the fast food? i dont think so.. there is no wifi on mcdo Cheesy
Mumbeeptind1963

Activity: 1190
Merit: 568

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 02:14:02 AM

Does that even make sense with the current transaction times and fees? You are going to pay more for the fees than for your meal. Unless the fees go down drastically, it makes no sense to use bitcoin as a daily payment method.
The tax will be implied if bitcoin will be legalize as a whole in a specific country by all side or types of transactions. But accepting bitcoin on a fast food chain like McDonald's I think it is just like an acceptance of the system transaction locally, because technically bitcoin does not have taxation reform yet it might have if the government will hand the system of transaction that I think is impossible to happen.
If that happen it is great news for us because it easy to us to make transanction for fastfood like mcdonalds. But there changes will happen in bitcoin if bitcoin accept in mcdonalds because all any fastfood that they should obey the laws and should pay taxes,so automatically bitcoin might be obey the laws of the government.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
dhrazzen

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:18:14 AM

It is good news that the McDonalds accepts bitcoin for payment but i think it will take so long or years to happen because bitcoin is not known yet or not popular for everyone especially in my country. it can cause problem especially in the government, the other fast food chain and they will against about bitcoin.
billykannithi

Activity: 330
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:20:48 AM

I am so happy to hear this news, as soon as McDonald accept bitcoin for payments, it will make me feel easier to buy fastfood with fast transactions, this open a new door to fastfood payments.
heureca

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:22:16 AM

Does that even make sense with the current transaction times and fees? You are going to pay more for the fees than for your meal. Unless the fees go down drastically, it makes no sense to use bitcoin as a daily payment method.

Yeah, it will be too expensive to pay with BTC) so I think it's not good idea considering BTC fees

██                                                     
██████                                                    
██████████                ████              ████          
█████████████          ██████████        ██████████       
█████  █████████    ███████████████   ████████████████    
█████     ████████████████   ████  ██████████  ██████████ 
█████        ██████████          █████████        █████████
█████         ██████             ██████              ████ 
█████         █████              ████                     
█████         ███████            ██████              ████ 
█████        ███████████         █████████        █████████
█████     █████████████████  ████   █████████  ██████████ 
█████  █████████    ███████████████   ████████████████    
█████████████          █████████         ██████████       
██████████                ████              ████          
  ████                                                    
/Distributed
Credit Chain
//
Empower Credit, Enable Finance
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
andra-ierma

Activity: 344
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:29:53 AM

eg we buy burgers how much the burger price? then if you receive the change from the purchase, is it not too long to return it? then things like this need a reservation because there are purchases that may make the long transaction.
On the other hand whether for cryptocurrency like ethereum, Bitcoin cash, and such, will it also apply to transaction process?
TomUyamot

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:32:16 AM

I don't know if this news is true or not. But what I am sure of is that there will be some advantages and disadvantages with this if in case this will be actualized in reality. This is good news, especially to Bitcoin users because they will be able to finally use their Bitcoins in one of the most popular fastfood chain in the world. But on the other hand, I think Bitcoin transactions will just make the queue in McDonalds store worldwide quite longer with the current confirmation time of Bitcoin.
Flor1982

Activity: 714

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:38:38 AM

This is a wonderful news but my concern is if we are going to buy a single meal or single order for ourselves is this will not become very expensive? because every single or minimum bitcoin transaction request in the block chain will cost us flat transaction fees thefore i think this will only favor if you will eat with a group and you are the sponsor. Anyway this is a good development and we will just wait for the latest update of this beautiful news.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 04:48:39 AM

Read the replies from older members here on the first page people.
They went and looked at the link and then came back and told you all what it means.
If you are not sure what this is about you may want to refrain from commenting ? LOL
It's clear many of you have no idea what this is about.

FUD first & ask questions later™
randal9

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 04:52:39 AM

I don't understand the truth of it, but I don't see how it can be used in real life...any support is certainly good, but imagine how long transactions can take place
Om.monata

Activity: 936

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 04:54:31 AM

very good and would be efficient if many restaurants accept payment by using bitcoin including McDonalds. maybe if the payments with bitcoin in McDonalds can be successful will be much in imitation by other food companies or restaurants.
danggoron

Activity: 560
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 04:56:57 AM

very good and would be efficient if many restaurants accept payment by using bitcoin including McDonalds. maybe if the payments with bitcoin in McDonalds can be successful will be much in imitation by other food companies or restaurants.
true, but really worth noticing the level of consumers using bitcoin. if indeed many support the program, the digital payment era is about to begin.

HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 04:59:57 AM

It's nice to know that MCdonalds have a plan for bitcoin.. but it's a big company if they have a plan for that.. they will advertise it on tv.. to make noise about bitcoin.. i think Bitcoin processing is best to use for Electric Bills, Water Bills but in the fast food? i dont think so.. there is no wifi on mcdo Cheesy

McDonald's doesn't have a plan for bitcoin.

This news is being reported with a lot of confusion and "fake news". It started with one McDonald's restaurant in Russia announcing that it'll accept bitcoin as payment. That news and decision has zero influence on McDonald's the corporation.

Since so few people actually read posts anymore I'll continue to fight this quickly spreading fake news.
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 05:15:53 AM

I don't understand the truth of it, but I don't see how it can be used in real life...any support is certainly good, but imagine how long transactions can take place

In reality its difficult for them unless they will keep the value much higher than the usual to avoid loses, I know that we are in a digital system already but
we still facing real time issue with how the transaction will be process, if we wanted to see more establishment and businesses to use this system bitcoin
core team needs to adjust and make it as real time as possible.
f150

Activity: 606
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 05:19:43 AM

The plan is good because there is no restaurant or store that receives bitcoin as a transaction tool like paper money, if it happens then I do not have to bother out of house to order and pay using bitcoin from home by using internet network through handpone.
mikel00

Activity: 61

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 06:49:46 AM

that would be fantastic if mcdonalds accept bitcoin by 2018 i that would be very easy access
T0rtillas

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 06:57:41 AM

I hope this news is real. This would be awesome. McDonalds restaurants are all over the world and would help to convince other companies that bitcoin is a real currency and it's here to stay.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: