Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 12:22:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dying Topics  (Read 602 times)
GeekyCreeper (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2013, 02:34:35 AM
Last edit: July 04, 2013, 02:46:13 AM by GeekyCreeper

I love how fast a topic dies. I made a topic around 9:30 this morning (my time), and now it is exactly 9:30 at night. The topic is long dead. It only took it about 7 hours to die. It's kind of funny. They die so fast. Like an insect. 12 hours later, and it is almost at the 3rd page. Impressive. That goes to show how many new topics come up. If it takes only a few hours for a topic to get pushed off a page, in just ONE category, lots of messages must come through. That's crazy! The Bitcoin community would have to be pretty big to manage that!  Cheesy

If you are interested, my post is at the bottom of the second Newbie page, or here is a direct link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=249155.0
iconware

Activity: 1

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2013, 02:45:02 AM

googd
Trillium

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 02:48:24 AM

It's all just part of noobie jail. If they weren't required to make 5 posts each / log in for 4 hours then this subforum would not be the way it is. But there would be other problems if newbie jail didn't exist. Do not question lord theymos and his implementations  Cool

BTC:1AaaAAAAaAAE2L1PXM1x9VDNqvcrfa9He6
GeekyCreeper (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2013, 02:49:24 AM

googd

Huh? No comprendo stupid. What? Did you mean Googled? Good? What does that mean?
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 4656

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 03:22:11 PM

It's all just part of noobie jail. If they weren't required to make 5 posts each / log in for 4 hours then this subforum would not be the way it is. But there would be other problems if newbie jail didn't exist. Do not question lord theymos and his implementations  Cool

I thought the rules had been updated.  I thought only 1 post was needed now, not 5.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=177133.0
Newbie Restrictions
You can only post in the Newbie and Local sub-forums till you have made one post and waited 4 hours. This post must be substantial: at least several sentences.
Inedible

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 03:27:47 PM

I thought the rules had been updated.  I thought only 1 post was needed now, not 5.

Newbie Restrictions
You can only post in the Newbie and Local sub-forums till you have made one post and waited 4 hours. This post must be substantial: at least several sentences.

Rules soon to be changed to:

Newbies must be given at least 10 free Bitcoins before joining.
Newbies will be emailed with the top answers to whatever questions they might have (Bitcoin related or otherwise).
Newbies will be given admin privileges so that they can ban anyone who doesn't agree with them.
Newbies will be allowed to set the price of Bitcoin once per day.

I suspect this might not be enough to keep all newbies happy though.

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.
GeekyCreeper (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2013, 07:54:09 AM

Newbie Restrictions

Rules soon to be changed to:

Newbies must be given at least 10 free Bitcoins before joining.
Newbies will be emailed with the top answers to whatever questions they might have (Bitcoin related or otherwise).
Newbies will be given admin privileges so that they can ban anyone who doesn't agree with them.
Newbies will be allowed to set the price of Bitcoin once per day.

I suspect this might not be enough to keep all newbies happy though.

Not even funny.
Asteral

Activity: 22

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 10:32:16 PM

Yes...many interesting topics in this section die fast and get buried due to a hoard of pointless posts in other threads. It's a shame really.

I occasionally browse further than the first page or two in this section to see if I missed any interesting threads.
WuLabsWuTecH

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 02:07:07 AM

it's only an issue in the forum.  Most of the other ones that had this problem had subforums created so as not to cause threads to drop that fast.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: