Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 04:33:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PAID 1.25 BTC]must be stoned or stupid.can't get my USB block erupters mining  (Read 2982 times)
LHB (OP)

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 02:47:17 AM
Last edit: July 06, 2013, 04:35:40 AM by LHB

I've messed with this a couple times today already, but with all the distractions I'm getting nowhere. if someone could give me an easy to follow, step by step to get these things on the network mining, and to launch at startup or via desktop icon, I'll happily pay .25BTC BOUNTY

windows 7
bitcoind 8.3
python C
MinGW
cgminer 3.1.1
bfgminer 3.1.1  

zadig_v2.0.1.160.7z

"silicone labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge" driver installed
device manager show ports 5 then 23-31 assigned to the 10 USB BlkErptr's

2 x USB 2.0 powered 10port hub's (waiting on high quality non-china hub to arrive)

account at "slush's pool"

what am I missing? need to change? don't need? I could really use some help.

[.25BTC BOUNTY] paid to whomever can guide me thru the steps to get this all configured and running, then I'd like it all to launch at startup or via desktop icon

thanks for reading
LongHairBri
digit
Legendary

Activity: 1672
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2013, 02:55:47 AM

Have you ran Zadig and let it install the drivers (WinUSB) for each device?
and add for command line in cgminer --usb :10

Stay Safe and use NO KYC exchanges ■ Craig Wright is NOT Satoshi  ■
BTC:1DigitwteXwFcRAaWpVDRp6eKqzC6y9tgm ■ ŁTC:LKMcEHoFWHAUoRscqW1cwjhLgFrk7MgCWU ■ Coinkit:digit ■ §digit
LHB (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 03:28:13 AM

Have you ran Zadig and let it install the drivers (WinUSB) for each device?
and add for command line in cgminer --usb :10

no.. I ran it once, they all showed up in hardware manager, thought that was good

and I have no idea how to enter commands in cgminer. I've never done this before, and didn't want to start till I had actual hardware to configure.
digit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2013, 03:35:37 AM
Last edit: July 04, 2013, 04:00:34 AM by digit

make a shortcut to the cgminer.exe on your desktop.  right click and open properties for teh shortcut you created and then append that bit at the end.  you can also add the pool/login to the shortcut like this example

C:\mining\cgminer-3.1.1-windows\cgminer.exe -o http://pool:port -u username -p password --usb :10
                                                                            change these values to yours for pool:port, username, password

also you might want to update to latest cgminer version which is 3.3.1 http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/

to run at startup copy the shortcut you made to your startup folder (start menu) or just leave on your desktop for manual.

BTC:1DigitwteXwFcRAaWpVDRp6eKqzC6y9tgm ■ ŁTC:LKMcEHoFWHAUoRscqW1cwjhLgFrk7MgCWU ■ Coinkit:digit ■ §digit
LHB (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 05:20:23 AM

alright, I can launch from the desktop. still doesn't find the usb's but progress. I'm nor sure even which to run? no_gpu or regular. I made a shortcut for each till I get this going.

still haven't been able to figure out how to run zadig for each usb yet. seem to be making headway......hope your a night owl too!! I sure appreciate the help and would love to pay the bounty to you when finished
LHB (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 05:37:58 AM

I went in device manager and update driver. each stick had a correct and up to date driver

so now at a standstill again  Huh Angry
digit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2013, 05:56:19 AM
Last edit: July 04, 2013, 11:43:37 AM by digit

shouldnt need to touch device manager at all,  the drivers needed you can get by open zadig, select "list all devices" from options menu. (can also select advanced mode so u see the log window), then select the blockerupter and click install. it will then create and install the driver files required - theres a progress box here, (you may need to unplug and replug your hub after this,) after that just run cgminer.  

- if there already some default drivers for the erupters that were installed then you may have to remove/uninstall those from device manager before using zadig so that correct driver is installed.

- you can use nogpu or regular, they will both work, but regular will allow to use your gpu at same time with eruptors.  if you dont have a suitable gpu than nogpu will keep it simple.

- use latest cgminer 3.3.1

- you may want to try with just one eruptor plugged in at first just to get it working then add the others, so can eliminate any initial problems related to the hub/multiple devices.  shortcut with --usb :10 should still work.  (Its a "catchall" param - it means to use up to a max of any 10 USB devices found in system )

logicus

Activity: 57

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 06:23:39 AM

For cgminer 3.1.1

1.Do not plug any of usb devices Smiley.

2.Download driver:
XP -> zadig_xp_v2.0.1.160.7z
WIN 7/8 -> zadig_v2.0.1.160.7z

Unzip and start zadig.exe and press Install WCID Driver,restart pc.

3.download CP210x_VCP_Windows.zip and unzip it.Start CP210xVCPInstaller_x64 or _x86 for 32 bit win.

4.1 Plug first USB device,wait until install driver - when the device is installed normaly you see COM port in device manager (Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge)
4.2 Plug next USB devices,repeat step 4.1

Look for they com port numbers in Device Manager - COM3,COM4,COM5 ......

5.Download cgminer-3.1.1-windows.zip

6.Start cgminer :

cgminer-nogpu.exe -o address -u user -p pass --icarus-options 115200:1:1 --icarus-timing 3.0=100 -S COM3 -S COM4

for you devices (-S COM3 -S COM4,....) look in Device Manager

make shortcut on desktop,copy it in start menu and start make money  Smiley
Polyatomic

Activity: 257
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 10:43:21 AM

The com port parameters should look like this ,--icarus-options 115200:1:1 --icarus-timing 3.0=100 -S ./COM3 -S //./COM7 for cgminer 3-1-1
LHB (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 04:25:41 PM

ok, here's most likely the dumbest question EVER asked in the history of this site.

How do I know, or how can tell that I finely have this thing is working??

it said I was on a live pool, auto-changed my difficulty to 2, now all is quiet. nothing seems to be happening. I'd like to start my morning, pay the bounty and get back to work on some other pressing projects
elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 04:28:05 PM

use BFGminer it is much easier to get setup with your erupters, just install the windows drivers, i can pm you a link to the file if you like?

then you just download bfgminer and then make your .bat file containing your pool details, pm me for help
digit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2013, 02:46:34 AM

post a screenshot of cgminer running would help answer that.  you should also be able to log into your account for the site and see how many shares you have submitted and the current estimated earnings Smiley

animan

Activity: 39

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 04:34:12 AM

Do you have it working yet?
ssateneth
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 05:28:07 AM
Last edit: July 05, 2013, 05:43:10 AM by ssateneth

Hi. It was very simple for me to get my block erupters working.

First step: Download and install the CP2102 driver http://www.silabs.com/Support%20Documents/Software/CP210x_VCP_Windows.zip and extract it somewhere. Run the CP210xVCPInstaller_x64.exe if you run 64 bit OS, and CP210xVCPInstaller_x86.exe if you use 32 bit OS.
Second step: Download BFGMiner 3.1.1
Third Step: Add this to your command line.
Code:
-G -S all
The -G will disable mining on all GPU's. The "-S all" command will enable mining on all devices on com ports. Here is what my full command line looks like.
Code:
bfgminer.exe -G -S all -c \\Ssateneth-pc\d\minersettings\btcconfig.conf
The "-c \\Ssateneth-pc\d\minersettings\btcconfig.conf" is just a config file I load that contains my pools and other non-device specific settings like no stratum, api access, etc. If you don't use a config file for pools/settings, then instead replace that part with "-o http://pool:port -u username -p password" where pool is the pool URL, port is the port, username is the username, and password is the password.

You should be mining away then!

Here's payment address. 1BXNapSrzTSfmqSD63e49eh2JvDkeotCxt

If this is still above and beyond you, I would be willing to teamview or vnc to remotely fix the problem.

ssateneth
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 10:33:28 PM

A quick phone call and teamviewer session and I've gotten him up and running! Smiley

LHB (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 02:04:27 AM

YES!! thank you so much. I knew I had the hardware portion handled, getting a working batch file was the problem.  I appreciate your help. I'm sure a little token to that effect has cleared the blockchain by now!!

I have one out of ten that isn't hashing. it starts out for maybe 1 minute fine, then drops to almost nothing

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r200/longhairBri/screenshot1.png

I already tried moving it to another usb hub. does the same thing. air conditioning along with a fan keeping things cool. may have a dud? hope not. the ROI is tight enough and I don't want to jump thru too many hoops. getting them from canary was painless and prompt, so I'm not worried.

while this pic is up, can someone explain what each set of numbers in each column is measuring? and the aberrations used in the top row statistics too please. I haven't been able to find that either.

thanks to everyone for your help.
animan

Activity: 39

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 04:34:56 AM

LHB,

Good to see you up and running!

Please scroll through this page to see explanation of the display items:
https://github.com/luke-jr/bfgminer

Briefly.
ICA 1:      | 333.4/339.5Mh/s | A: 22 R:0 HW:1

means:
ICA 1 is the eruptor #
333.6M/332.2Mh/s are the current and average values.
A: 22 Is the total number of shares accepted by the eruptor.
HW: 1 Is the total number of hardware errors for that eruptor.

The A: 274 in the first line is the total number of shares for all eruptors.

Looks like your eruptor #6 is getting a lot of hardware errors. You can try to remove and re-plug it back in.
Add a fan for cooling etc. It might be a bad unit.
The usual number of hardware errors for the eruptors is around 0.8%. HW error % = HW/A * 100.

Hope this helps.
ssateneth
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 05:06:07 PM

If you are placing these all on a USB hub, its entirely possible the hub cant handle it. A poor quality hub will exhibit any of the symptoms: ASIC not detected at all in mining software; ASIC appearing to hash but never submits shares and the ASIC itself is relatively cooler to the touch compared to the other ASICS submitting shares; ASIC spams hundreds of HW errors every second; A very strange hashrate like TH or EH. GH is less suspect and could just be bad timing estimation by mining software. A poor quality/low output power adapter will exhibit symptoms such as devices in the mining software inexplicably resetting or disconnecting and reconnecting.

I suggest plugging in your ASICs directly to one of the USB root ports (not using a USB hub) to see if the symptoms go away. It's also possible that the ASICS themselves are flawed, but lets rule out the USB hub first.

hamburger

Activity: 241
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 02:08:55 PM

LHB

Setup a separate bat file for the one that isn't hashing and let it run alone for awhile.

I had the same problem and after a week running the problem usb's separate, grouped them all together in a single bat file and started them up again - ever since then everyone is hashing above 330

H

Datacoin : DHZ6H91fsDoBHbdqED3ysCJJ2TUh3zRMZD
Krugercoin : Yz3A9sTMp2yh5QLuAL8YQyvS5PdjHRHkkf
brudog

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 01:33:26 AM

Hi, I got my block erupters and am mining at Bitminter because that was the only software I could get to work. I have read a lot about getting cgminer or bfgminer to run block erupters but I can't figure it out.

I have read this post and don't know how to add -G -S all to command line...what command line? How or where do I find or open the command line?

cgminer says create a shortcut,right click and properties, change target to C\cgminer.....SCOM3..so on, but it always says invalid path....

I want to try bfgminer if I can learn how to do the command line. Any help?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: