Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 08:35:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why don't the QT Wallets support Paper Printing?  (Read 920 times)
BittBurger (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 03:01:01 AM

Title says it all.  I was thinking about this today and I just don't get it.  I don't want to go online to some website, save it to my hard drive, log off the interwebZ, jump through hoops, clap 5 times and do 10 jumping jacks just to get a paper wallet.

I dont want to log into Coinbase and use theirs either, as they keep record of everything online, and you totally expose yourself.

You would think the QT wallets for BTC LTC etc would already have this there.  Great.  You can encrypt your wallet.dat file.  And then some turd can (already has) create a virus which FTP's your wallet.dat file to himself.  Why wouldn't these things simply have a "PRINT" button?  

No external hard drives needed.   No wallet.dat files.  

No remote website.

No risk.

Just print.

Its a local wallet.  "Print your wallet".   File > Print Wallet....

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
AliceWonder

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 03:26:50 AM

The number of private keys in a software wallet rapidly grows as you use it, and starts out with a reserve of 100.

That's a lot of printing.

Paper wallets are not backups of software wallets. Software wallets should be backed up on a digital data storage device.

Now if you want to create a paper wallet with a virgin address, there are several different ways. Might be nice for the qt client to include one.

QuarkCoin - what I believe bitcoin was intended to be. On reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/
weav

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

- "Bitcore (BTX) - Airdrops every Monday"

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 06:06:40 AM

Title says it all.  I was thinking about this today and I just don't get it.  I don't want to go online to some website, save it to my hard drive, log off the interwebZ, jump through hoops, clap 5 times and do 10 jumping jacks just to get a paper wallet.

I dont want to log into Coinbase and use theirs either, as they keep record of everything online, and you totally expose yourself.

You would think the QT wallets for BTC LTC etc would already have this there.  Great.  You can encrypt your wallet.dat file.  And then some turd can (already has) create a virus which FTP's your wallet.dat file to himself.  Why wouldn't these things simply have a "PRINT" button?  

No external hard drives needed.   No wallet.dat files.  

No remote website.

No risk.

Just print.

Its a local wallet.  "Print your wallet".   File > Print Wallet....

+1

Now if you want to create a paper wallet with a virgin address, there are several different ways. Might be nice for the qt client to include one.

+1

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: