Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:18:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA - Hedging against the Bitcoin Price Drop  (Read 196 times)
Vladdirescu87 (OP)

Activity: 966
Merit: 264

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:26:10 PM

IOTA is one of the few cryptocurrency that has been able to strengthen against Bitcoin in recent weeks and can be used as hedging against decline the price of Bitcoin. The volume and price of IOTA is growing due to the announcement that IOTA have been listed on Coinone exchange. The more people that begin to trade with IOTA, the better for IOTA.

Let's take a closer look at the use of IOTA in the Internet of Things.

Linking blockchain with IoT is complicated due to the technological limitations. There are two main issues to look at.

Firstly, scalability. There are regularly more than 100,000 unconfirmed transactions on the Bitcoin Network which will be hard to sustain in the future. Nowadays, users have to pay high fees but this still doesn't mean that their transaction will take place.

Secondly, transaction fees. Bitcoin’s mean transaction fees have already risen above $7.

IOTA have addressed how it is possible to solve these issues.

Read the full article: https://coinidol.com/iota-hedging-against-the-bitcoin-price-drop/

lizardbtc

Activity: 448
Merit: 109

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:37:53 PM

IOTA offers something different than blockchain - tangle. I have also noticed that they are parnering with some big companies such as Microsoft.... indeed it is a nice coin to have into consideration.
fixincomp

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:43:32 PM

Nice summary! I believe when IOTA completely gets rid of the coordinator in 2018(hopefully) it won't  be affected by bitcoin price movement at all anymore and move on its own.
Morguk

Activity: 594
Merit: 506

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:52:33 PM

IOTA is the only altcoin I actually recommend to friends and family. Sure you can invest in the others too, but IOTA is the only one I feel has real technology and future potential. I'm a Bitcoin and IOTA kinda guy Smiley

Calculate the chance of hitting a bitcoin block when solo mining at
blozo

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 04:55:50 PM

For sure IOTA is an interesting project and its value will raise in 2018

Unfortunately all coins are still tied to Bitcoin price, so if Bitcoin will fall, other coins will fall as well as seen in the recent drop

Hopefully with the market becoming more mature coins like ETH or IOTA can become more indipendent

crypto_bit

Activity: 168
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 05:17:28 PM

IOTA is the only altcoin I actually recommend to friends and family.

When I hear 'friends and family' then I go away, IYKWIM Wink Of course I bear in mind some of scam ICOs promoted with help of that phrase. I like IOTA and its tech, what is more I hodl IOTA but don't involve your family haha : )
firstvava

Activity: 130
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 05:29:05 PM

They have different technique, so they have more potential. IOTA is a very good currency and is suitable for long holding.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: