Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 12:18:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [2017-11-30] McDonalds to accept Bitcoin by 2018  (Read 3528 times)
webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 01:52:17 PM

I don't know why people are reacting negatively about this, Bitcoin was created to be a currency to be used for purchases. Why would you think that this kind of news is irrelevant on the current price increase. If we are always going to consider bitcoin just being an asset then it will really pop after some times. Bitcoin needs to have more uses than being an asset for it's price to stabilize in the future. I think this kind of news if implemented would really help entice more investors to be in bitcoin.

Absolutely right! Real adoption is much needed to support BTC prices in the days of low demand, else Bitcoin will fall steep in coming future like SpeakAsia did leaving investors dizzy.
I think all positive news should be embraced rather than judged as fake or real because it will ultimately help Bitcoin community. Besides this, Bitcoin is increasingly demanded among various sector nowadays and increased adoption have been noticed. I was recently reading Cointelegraph's article about PWC now accepting BTC. So if even if McD news is hoax, Bitcoin increasing adoption can't be questioned.
hassan.shakeel.rajpoot

Activity: 32
Merit: 9

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 02:00:03 PM

Recent news around Bitcoin could be very tasty for fast food lovers! Betting giants Betway have released odds for people to take on the cryptocurrency being accepted by McDonalds by next year. It seems that the sharp rise in the price and mainstream popularity of the cryptocurrency has led to a real feeling that the fast food giants will accept it as a payment method soon. Currently, the betting is 1/2 and this could see many people taking the wager with odds so short.

It’s not only McDonalds that may accept Bitcoin

What is more amazing is that Betway has not only limited the odds it is offering on Bitcoin becoming an accepted payment method to McDonalds. Retail stalwarts Argos are in at 4/5 to begin accepting Bitcoin payments by late 2018, while travel giants British Airways are currently showing as 1/3 to do the same. In what would be a major move for them and their customers, the all-conquering Amazon are in the running too, with odds of 6/4 being given by Betway.

READ MORE

Is this the reason why the price exceeded the $10,000 level again today? It is really a good news if Mc Donalds, the largest fast food chain, will accept bitcoin starting next year. I wonder how will banks react on this when they really do it.
This is the most satisfying and fascinating post I have read today. If McDonalds accept bitcoins for our favorite meals, How are we supposed to pay them? through blockchain wallet? or are there other ways too? Nice right! we won't have to carry our wallets with us. All we need is a mobile phone. 
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2147

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 02:18:49 PM

Nice clickbait title  Roll Eyes
But on the topic, it's unlikely that McDonalds will be accepting Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency - no cryptocurrency is suitable for small, casual transactions at the current moment because of their technical limitations. Paying even $0.50 for $10 purchase is just too much, but because fast confirmations are required, the fees would be much higher. And contrary to the popular belief, this is not a problem of Bitcoin only, other altcoins with high transaction counts are also suffering from the same problems as their fees are rapidly increasing. Accepting crypto as a currency makes sense for big purchases starting at $500 now, but this number will be pushed further as their popularity increases.
Swenna

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2017, 02:33:03 PM

Is this the reason why the price exceeded the $10,000 level again today? It is really a good news if McDonalds, the largest fast food chain, will accept bitcoin starting next year. I wonder how will banks react on this when they really do it.

I don't really see any connection between the news article and the fact that McDonalds ' will be accepting bitcoin. Plus, you're happy with the fact that bitcoin will be used as a payment to buy burger and fries? You do know that the value of bitcoin is volatile, right? Meaning its price changes with regards to the movement in the market. Just imagine if you pay few bits for a meal today and it suddenly increase the next day? Plus, bitcoin transaction is quite slow and the transaction payment is high. In fact, it is  more expensive than the meal itself.

Really, this news just makes no sense. No bitcoin holder in their right minds will agree to this.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 02:38:52 PM

If McDonalds accept bitcoins for our favorite meals, How are we supposed to pay them? through blockchain wallet? or are there other ways too?
It's simple, you scan their QR code with your smartphone, and then approve the transaction, and it's done. It can be done with basically any proper mobile wallet client, so you don't necessarily need to use an online wallet app for that. You could also choose to "spend" Bitcoin through a Bitcoin related debit card, but these just convert it to fiat, and then settle the transaction in fiat. It's not actually paying with Bitcoin.

Nice right! we won't have to carry our wallets with us. All we need is a mobile phone.  
It's nice if you can buy your burgers and french fries without paying 50% of the initial transaction value in fees. I just use the NFC field of every merchant in my local area to pay with my bank card, and it's done. No fees involved, it offers ultimate convenience, I enjoy buyers protection, etc. The incentive to spend Bitcoin isn't there for me.
Ealex

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 06:07:54 PM

On one hand more acceptance is always great. Big companies stabilize the market, give us opportunities to spend coins, give more legitimacy and increase confidence. It's all great. On the other the quality of products served at McDonalds is questionable. IMO they are serving people shit wrapped in a bun that might be cheap and look good in the pictures but it tastes like shit and has no nutritional values. Good for BTC, but I won't be spending any coins there.

I agree. It is good for BTC and other crypto's that big companies are accepting them as a means of payment.
jaenglee

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 07:35:40 PM

that's the beginning but it's so excite to hear that
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: