Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 10:11:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where will Bitcoin go  (Read 1033 times)
Packman1444 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 06:04:28 AM

Right now Bitcoin is experiencing a downward trend. Where do you guys think Bitcoin is headed? Is the coin starting to collapse and cease to exist? (May be drastic but reading the speculation forum will make you think that lol)
fritzthecat

Activity: 51

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 06:14:21 AM

Unless it crashes and burns like we see atm.
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 06:18:15 AM

It is highly unlikely, but not impossible. If you think this is a crash and burn then you have a lot to learn. This is far from a crash and burn very far from it, but allows to teach people that they need to hedge.
fritzthecat

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 07:15:38 AM

It is highly unlikely, but not impossible. If you think this is a crash and burn then you have a lot to learn. This is far from a crash and burn very far from it, but allows to teach people that they need to hedge.

Would you at least consider the 2011 crash or the more recent meltdown as a proper crash and burn, young grasshopper?
On another note, i dont think thats possible nowadays, since to many people have FIAT just waiting to get in.
Unless some major shit goes down like Gox bankrupt or no more wires for btc.
fritzthecat

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 07:25:19 AM

This may be normal for an emerging "currency"(which btc are not btw), but i would consider a drop to 1/5 of its value a crash.
eCoinomist

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Independent Analyst

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2013, 11:04:16 AM

I think the prices will bounce back to around 120 USD, that's where it belongs

bitcoinator

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 11:14:11 AM

I think it will bounce up from $50 and stagnate at ~$100 till the new rally in winter.
bitcats
Legendary

Activity: 1014
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 11:21:54 AM

I think it will bounce up from $50 and stagnate at ~$100 till the new rally in winter.
Probably right.

"Unser Problem ist nicht ziviler Ungehorsam, unser Problem ist ziviler Gehorsam."  - Howard Zinn
naphto

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 11:35:26 AM

Bitcoin will stay on internet + it has no legs to move Sad
gambit1

Activity: 980
Merit: 508

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 11:57:33 AM

Nobody knows what the "real" price of bitcoin is. Its price is determined almost entirely by speculative forces.

Finding out the "real" price of bitcoin would be a process of discovery that would take at least decades. The real bitcoin economy would have to grow to a point where it actually mattered in determining the price. Macroeconomic factors such as prices and wages would need to matter.

As long as the price of bitcoin is determined by speculative forces then it is unwise to talk about the "real" price, in my opinion.

I hope we see an unswing in price soon.

fleabag

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 12:30:16 PM

who cares if it goes down or up. you would have to be a fool to actually invest in something that is intangible, unregulated and any other adjective that would describe the wild wild west. people quit throwing good money after bad. what are the excuses this week for the price drop? correction? bull trap? bank closed? pathetic
bitcoinator

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 01:24:56 PM

who cares if it goes down or up. you would have to be a fool to actually invest in something that is intangible, unregulated and any other adjective that would describe the wild wild west. people quit throwing good money after bad. what are the excuses this week for the price drop? correction? bull trap? bank closed? pathetic

some people invested and made unbelievable profits... and you did invest in it (your time at least).
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 01:49:19 PM

The flames are nowhere to be seen, its just in a downtrend because the bubble is deflating.

It happened in 2011, the bottom was 1/16th from the top, and then it raised stronger. Nothing to be worried about, to the contrary a bubble deflation means that we will reach a point in which BTC will be seriously undervalued, and that will be a killer buying opportunity. Be glad you had the chance to catch that opportunity.

fleabag

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 02:14:08 PM

The flames are nowhere to be seen, its just in a downtrend because the bubble is deflating.

It happened in 2011, the bottom was 1/16th from the top, and then it raised stronger. Nothing to be worried about, to the contrary a bubble deflation means that we will reach a point in which BTC will be seriously undervalued, and that will be a killer buying opportunity. Be glad you had the chance to catch that opportunity.

Drink some more Kool-Aid. Individuals cant move the market anymore there are too many people involved now. True colors are shining through now. Alot more sellers and not many buyers. I think this trend continues for as long as there is a need for this specific coin.
rdrgpaz

Activity: 25

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 03:00:08 PM

Bitcoin is going to my wallet, but I dont know when it will happen to
gambit1

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 03:14:48 PM

Fleabag: I bought this currency when it was around $4. You are asking me to see a price of $79 as some sort of cataclysm??

Why would a price drop to $79 need an excuse. The price was less than that a few months ago. Then it went up. Then it came back down.

"you would have to be a fool to actually invest in something that is intangible, unregulated and any other adjective that would describe the wild wild west." I agree about this point concerning fiat currency but this is a bitcoin forum.

Seriously, why would have to be a fool to invest in bitcoin. Like anything else, some people have made a lot of money investing in bitcoin. If the price is unstable then people have more opportunity to make money. If you are talking about holding bitcoin long term as an asset class then your point is slightly more reasonable.
Cryptomaker

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 03:15:45 PM

$10 or lower
WilMay

Activity: 8

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 03:37:58 PM
Last edit: July 04, 2013, 08:32:51 PM by WilMay

There are to much ASICs with big GH/s entering the network.
The price will decrease to 50-60$ till winter
fleabag

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 04:09:59 PM

Fleabag: I bought this currency when it was around $4. You are asking me to see a price of $79 as some sort of cataclysm??

Why would a price drop to $79 need an excuse. The price was less than that a few months ago. Then it went up. Then it came back down.

"you would have to be a fool to actually invest in something that is intangible, unregulated and any other adjective that would describe the wild wild west." I agree about this point concerning fiat currency but this is a bitcoin forum.

Seriously, why would have to be a fool to invest in bitcoin. Like anything else, some people have made a lot of money investing in bitcoin. If the price is unstable then people have more opportunity to make money. If you are talking about holding bitcoin long term as an asset class then your point is slightly more reasonable.

no $79 for you isnt a cataclysm because you are up if indeed you held from $4 til now. but then if you are still holding, dont you feel a little pissed that you could have sold even in the 100's?
gambit1

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 04:39:52 PM

Of course. I wish so many things.

One thing I wish is that I had made a greater investment in bitcoins in 2011.
I wish that when I sold a portion of my holding, I did so at a higher price.

I appreciate that you are upset by the current price drop. However, there won't be many on this forum who could not have done better or for whom things could have gone better.

The price will probably go back up and therefore I am not too unhappy. In the long term I think that bitcoins price will go up because of two fundamental factors:

*It is a good idea and there is a need for it in the long term.
*The worlds population is over 6 billion and rising and there will only ever be 21 million bitcoins.

Therefore I think that holding bitcoins over the long term is a good idea.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: