Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 01:54:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Yeah, finally win something, but it's stuck at Gox  (Read 1036 times)
dwolfman (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2013, 07:59:05 AM
Last edit: July 05, 2013, 10:09:20 PM by dwolfman

So I won a little BTCs in legitnick's giveaway.  And now I can't redeem it since Mt Gox is once again having problems.

I REALLY hate Mt Gox!  Was never going to touch them again, but then this happened.  Arggh!!!   Sad

Wanna send coins my way? 1BY2rZduB9j8Exa4158QXPFJoJ2NWU1NGf or just scan the QR code in my avatar.  :-)
rme

Activity: 756
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 08:01:22 AM

So I won a little BTCs in legitnick's giveaway.  And now I can't redeem it since Mt Gox is once again having problems.

I REALLY hate Mt Gox!  Was never going to touch them again, but then this happened.  Arggh!!!   Sad
Sorry bro, but that giveaway is a scam.
The website is not legit.
RaTTuS

Activity: 792
Merit: 1000

Bite me

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 08:02:26 AM

nothing wrong with mtgox either [well nothing serious]

In the Beginning there was CPU , then GPU , then FPGA then ASIC, what next I hear to ask ....

1RaTTuSEN7jJUDiW1EGogHwtek7g9BiEn
dwolfman (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2013, 08:12:18 AM

I figured out my problem with Mt Gox.  Gotta have cookies enabled.  But they really need to fix the response when they aren't, as I got a "503 service unavailable" error instead of a "your cookies are disabled" message.  Sad

Not sure why Mt Gox is redirecting from mtgox.com to mtgox.net with a picture of the page....  Not sure why that makes you think this is a scam, as that's just stupid design on Mt Gox's part.

Just more reasons for me not to use them still.  Smiley

But, I can't redeem the code through the redeem page when it is working correctly from the mtgox.com page.  Says it doesn't exist or has already been used.  Sent him a PM, so hope to hear something soon.

Wanna send coins my way? 1BY2rZduB9j8Exa4158QXPFJoJ2NWU1NGf or just scan the QR code in my avatar.  :-)
dwolfman (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2013, 08:15:19 AM

nothing wrong with mtgox either [well nothing serious]

There's plenty wrong with them!  For one they can't seem to figure out how to get a reliable service going any more.  And there's no way to get USD in/out from the USA that isn't prohibitively expensive (can't do ACH, no Dwolla, wires too expensive to send in $100, etc).

At this point, they've damaged their reputation too much from all their problems that even if they do manage to get their new engine working right that there will still be several people (like me) who will still never use them again.

rme

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 08:17:27 AM

Not sure why that makes you think this is a scam, as that's just stupid design on Mt Gox's part.
Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Pishing scammer! legitnick!  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
BenTuras

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 08:20:24 AM

Not sure why Mt Gox is redirecting from mtgox.com to mtgox.net with a picture of the page....  Not sure why that makes you think this is a scam, as that's just stupid design on Mt Gox's part.
What ?! mtgox.com redirects to https://mtgox.com and not mtgox.net !

I am selling in stock OneStringMiner boards, based on the Bitfury chips. Have a look here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495536.0
rme

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 08:21:41 AM

What ?! mtgox.com redirects to https://mtgox.com and not mtgox.net !

His PC is infected, maybe the virus does that, redirect to phising.
Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 08:39:29 AM

Haha, OP doesn't realize it's a scam even when he was redirected to MTGOX..NET

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
firstlast

Activity: 159

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 04:04:20 PM

poe's law ffs
dwolfman (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2013, 09:19:03 PM

Amazing how everyone jumps to conclusions.

It was a WINDOWS virus.  Not gonna do anything on my Linux box I was accessing it from, especially since WINE isn't installed on it.  ;-)

And if anyone had checked my other posts in the legitnick scammer threads, you would have noticed I figured that out right after my last post on this thread.

rme

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 09:40:44 PM

It was a WINDOWS virus.  Not gonna do anything on my Linux box I was accessing it from, especially since WINE isn't installed on it.  ;-)

And if anyone had checked my other posts in the legitnick scammer threads, you would have noticed I figured that out right after my last post on this thread.

You said that mtgox.com redirects to .net
Thats a virus
dwolfman (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2013, 10:08:35 PM

You said that mtgox.com redirects to .net
Thats a virus

I thought it was redirecting, til I found the other threads talking about the scam.  Just didn't notice the q instead of a g.  Normally I catch that kind of stuff.  Been working a new job this week with really odd hours (2:30am to 1:00pm) and been pretty tired most days til today.  Finally starting to get used to those hours.

Now, can we just move on and stop nitpicking? I think we all know this was a scam now.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: