Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:44:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Virtual mayhem by unregulated cryptocurrency exchanges  (Read 156 times)
cryptodd (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:09:05 PM

Hello everyone,

I've written an article about cryptocurrency exchanges and some trading risks and pitalls. I would love to hear what you think of it! And of you can spare the time, fill in the survey at the bottom of the article.

https://medium.com/@denboerdaniel/virtual-mayhem-by-unregulated-cryptocurrency-exchanges-fbf6edf2992b

Thanks in advance!!

Cryptodd
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:44:06 PM

Hello everyone,

I've written an article about cryptocurrency exchanges and some trading risks and pitalls. I would love to hear what you think of it! And of you can spare the time, fill in the survey at the bottom of the article.

https://medium.com/@denboerdaniel/virtual-mayhem-by-unregulated-cryptocurrency-exchanges-fbf6edf2992b

Thanks in advance!!

Cryptodd

Everything you have there as the disadvantages of unregulated exchange sites are valid which is something that should be considered and there is really nobody to check the excesses of these exchange sites. They tend to change policies over night, delist coins at will, cancel orders without recourse, forever non-resoponsive support platforms, locking account of users without notifications, funds stolen without being held responsible among the many sins of all these exchange sites.

However, the concern here would be, who will regulate? Bitcoin is decentralised by nature and committee could make that happen. If we call on government, then we should be willing to submit more than what we bargain for including our anonymity. I guess that is the irony of what we have to face for now.
cryptodd (OP)

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:54:34 PM

True, you make a good argument. A possibility could be though that exchanges would start taking action themselves to comply with traditional regulation. What is your view on that? Is that realistic?

Also, did you fill in the survey. I would love to get your response.
BTC Sorcerer

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:35:59 PM

It is still wild west, but 2-3 years and we will see too much of regulations.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: