Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:48:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How many Altcoins are there in the crypto world?  (Read 303 times)
SonyZ3+ (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:23:07 PM

Hi I am new on bitcointalk.I want to know how many altcoins are there in crypto world?
Please any one can explain me this matter?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Faroxx

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:29:16 PM

As far as I know there are approximately 446 altcoins and about the same number of tokens on the Ethereum.
romeo111

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:48:12 PM

Actually I don't know how many altcoin are in the cryptocurrency world. but i know just listed on coinmarketcap have more then 1320 types altcoin.
Just you see here: https://coinmarketcap.com/all/views/all/
SonyZ3+ (OP)

Merit: 1

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:59:43 PM

Actually I don't know how many altcoin are in the cryptocurrency world. but i know just listed on coinmarketcap have more then 1320 types altcoin.
Yes I see this article.But as much I know all currency can't get chance to added on coinmarketcap.Because it is a big coin market.So I want more information.
By the way, thanks for this information.
Gaius Cryptus Tradius

Activity: 196

Hoqu.io – Decentralized Affiliate platform

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:04:33 PM

I think coinmarketcap by far doesn't list all the coins nowadays. There are more than 40 new ICOs a day now. No Chance to have them all on the exchanges

cliffordsean

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:06:53 PM

I think coinmarketcap by far doesn't list all the coins nowadays. There are more than 40 new ICOs a day now. No Chance to have them all on the exchanges

40 a day Huh holly cow thats crazy !!
Green_Earth

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:19:31 PM

Coinmarketcap is largest coin market.But there are many new ICOs coming and there coin added another exchange site.I see etherdelta exchange site added new coin everyweek.So I really don't know how many coin in crypto world Grin
topesis

Merit: 500

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:22:44 PM

I think we have more than 1000 ALtcoins so far, alot of them are not on coinmarketcap and some are still looking to find exchanges to list them, I still feel there will be another ICO madness next year when the market had adjusted to the current BTC rally
Akboi

Activity: 686
Merit: 501

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:24:28 PM

More than 1000 active but around 80 of them major. (Major: Coins that have over 100 million USD marketcap.)
You can't follow all of them, you should pick 30-40 coins and narrow them down to find which coins to invest.

███████████████████████
     ███▄ ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄█▀▀  █████
    ███  █▀  ▀█▀▀▀       ▐█ ███
   ███  ▄██▄▄█▀▄▄▄        █▌ ███
  ███ ▄█▀  █     ▀█▄▄     ▐█  ▐██
 ███▄█▀    █        ▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄ ██
████▀      █           ▀██▀   ▀█ ██
 ██▀█▄     █          ▄█▀▀█▄▄▄█▀██
  ██ ▀█▄   █      ▄▄█▀▀    ▐█  ██
   ██  ▀█▄█▀▀█▄▄█▀▀        █▌ ██
    ███  █▄  ▄█▀█▄▄▄      █▌███
     ███  ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀█▄▄▐████
      ███████████████████████

▄▄       ▄▄▄        ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄ 
  ▀█▄   ▄█▀ ▀█▄    ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀   ▀▀█▄
    ▀█▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█▀  ▐█         █▌
    ▄█▀█▄      ▄█▀    ▐█         █▌
  ▄█▀   ▀█▄  ▄█▀       █▄       ▄█
▄█▀       ▀██▀          ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀

Network
BLOCKCHAIN JUST ENTERED THE REAL WORLD
..Decentralized Crypto-Location Oracle Network.
.........GET WHITELISTED FOR TOKEN SALE ( Limited )..........

.WHITE PAPER.  ││  ANN Thread  Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Reddit
Crypt1x

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:24:54 PM

There are only 1320 coins and tokens listed in CoinMarketCap. I'm sure there are at least 1000 coins not listed in Coinmarketcap. It is more than 2500 in total.  Wink
bosses

Activity: 322

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:26:49 PM

I think we have more than 1000 ALtcoins so far, alot of them are not on coinmarketcap and some are still looking to find exchanges to list them, I still feel there will be another ICO madness next year when the market had adjusted to the current BTC rally
Also inclined to such a forecast. Bitcoin need rest and transferring the baton to altcoins

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]               Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program               [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●     TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
Ebenezer559

Activity: 401
Merit: 10

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 09:28:32 PM

We have more than 2000 coin available right now
uncleduckerr

Activity: 202

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:32:58 PM

We have more than 2000 coin available right now

Source? I wouldn't be surprised but according to CMC there are less. I know not everyone is going to be on CMC but still it is probably most reputable and accurate. Unless I see a concrete source saying otherwise I will follow what they have up.

Yaretzy80

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:12:15 PM

Currently, many cryptocurrencies have emerged.
And I think many more altcoins will continue emerge. There is not an exact amount.
RealKhan

Activity: 34

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 06:51:10 PM

Bitcoin may be the most well-known cryptocurrency, being the example that most illustrates a virtual coin. However, Bitcoin is one of many cryptocurrencies and in recent years, ‘alternate coins’ (Altcoins) have been making gains in the peer to peer, decentralised and anonymous currency market.

Many of the Altcoins a built upon the fundamentals and framework provided by Bitcoin, with different coins aiming to provide a different and unique selling point, using Bitcoin’s technology for a unique application like, for example, some coins’ ability to use Smart contracts; software designed to enforce contracts automatically and without error.

The recent rise in ICOs, alongside continued growth in the cryptosphere has enabled more currencies to rise, creating more room for opportunity. The breakthrough fostered by Bitcoin has undoubtedly bloomed into something exciting. Whether or not the up and coming projects will continue to go from strength to strength in light of plans for regulation is yet to be seen. How decentralised systems will continue to work once regulation is in place is another difficult question. For now, the Altcoins provide unique applications and a different texture from ‘mainstream’ Bitcoin. Aor today, there are about 500 different types of coins.
1NV3ST0NM3

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 06:54:29 PM

As far as I know there are approximately 446 altcoins and about the same number of tokens on the Ethereum.
Are you kidding me? you are trying to predict the total number of altcoins? While you and me are writing posts in this forum there is another ANN thread posting out there in the ANN section. They are truly countless because most of them just never get recognition and end up being rotten in the private keys of users because they don't have any exchanges. Coinmarketcap has just around 1320 but coinmarketcap has not listed all of them. So I would say its truly countless because every now and then a new token is being created and an old one's life span has just ended.
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 06:56:42 PM

Coinmarketcap.com doesn't have all the coins listed. Apart from those at ICOs, there are several others through with ICO and are now operating but are not listed on the CMC. Examples are hextracoin and Westerncoin. So, I think it's a tough call getting the exact number of cryptos existing.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Honglee

Activity: 156
Merit: 10

Start my crypto for better world

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 07:37:13 PM

if not mistaken, it is more than 3600! hope i m not wrong.
Happy Crypto~ Cheers

"TEU - bitcoin for shipping ICO: 15/Mar - 12/Apr"
2bfree

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

I'm investigating Crypto Projects

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2017, 07:41:01 PM

Hi I am new on bitcointalk.I want to know how many altcoins are there in crypto world?
Please any one can explain me this matter?

At least 20K of which 17K are dead.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
>>FREE SEO AUDIT/WHITE LABEL MAKE MONEY!<<
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
thepo1m

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 07:49:45 PM

I believe the figure will be close to 2000 in numbers, there are some projects that they have been delisted form exchange and not traded on exchanges, thanks to ethereum and EtherDelta that made ICO and exchange lisitng as easy as it is today
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: