Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:44:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Arbitrage  (Read 1310 times)
bskousen (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:46:40 PM

So I see a lot of price discrepancies as I look at coins. I was wondering if arbitrage is effective and what coins to look for that offer the best results. For example, I bought a bunch of BTG for $74 and then later sold it when it hit bittrex for more than $300. Also, is this even legal?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
illyiller

Activity: 697
Merit: 520

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 10:07:54 PM

So I see a lot of price discrepancies as I look at coins. I was wondering if arbitrage is effective and what coins to look for that offer the best results. For example, I bought a bunch of BTG for $74 and then later sold it when it hit bittrex for more than $300. Also, is this even legal?

Sure, it's legal. You're just taking advantage of inefficient markets, and profiting from a currency price differential.

These days, there isn't much money to be made in manual cross-exchange arbitrage because of the proliferation of arbitrage bots. You can't trade faster than the bots, who have liquidity on multiple exchanges and are constantly re-balancing accounts based on arbitrage opportunity.

The exception is situations like the Bgold launch: a very new, illiquid market where arbitrage bots aren't operating yet. When supply on the exchange is so low (because people need to manually log in, possibly deposit BTG and start listing BTG asks), it can get pumped very fast. That's why it went above $400 the day it launched on Bittrex.
CryptoMoonDevil

Activity: 61
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 05:16:30 AM

I was only able to effectively do this twice. Once with $BTG and once wih $DASH. $BTG was much more profitable, but I made out pretty well wih $DASH as well.

DeepOnion ⚡ Anonymous & Untraceable Cryptocurrency
⚡ Join DeepOnion Airdrop NOW! ⚡ (https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1363163)
bskousen (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 12:55:17 AM

I was only able to effectively do this twice. Once with $BTG and once wih $DASH. $BTG was much more profitable, but I made out pretty well wih $DASH as well.

Nice! $DASH looks like a good one. I am new to all this, its literally my first day. Do you recommend buying DASH?
CryptoMoonDevil

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 01:02:55 AM

only if it falls 200% in the near future otherwise you missed the boat.

sugihe

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 01:09:59 AM

Arbitrage strategy is legal to do in every crypto currency exchange.
Arbitrage is good strategy with almost 80% till 90% we close the transaction with profit.
And the only problem is when you send any coin and it need long time to confirm the transaction and during the time, you will stay in loss if the price down.
bskousen (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 01:36:07 AM

Arbitrage is good strategy with almost 80% till 90% we close the transaction with profit.
And the only problem is when you send any coin and it need long time to confirm the transaction and during the time, you will stay in loss if the price down.

Ah, didn't think about the confirmations. So, are there better coins to do this with? I'm assuming bitcoin would be a bad choice.
Imfinnabeon

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

Decentralize The $15-Trillion Global Trade Industr

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 01:49:32 AM

Ah, didn't think about the confirmations. So, are there better coins to do this with? I'm assuming bitcoin would be a bad choice.

Bitcoin would probably be the worst because it is the biggest coin out there. I would try coins that have decent volume but are on smaller exchanges. The bots are more likely to be on the bigger exchanges and have more capital but the smaller exchanges you probably have a small chance still. The few times that I manually tried this the confirmations were enough to screw me over so if you are considering it have funds on both exchanges before otherwise it won't work at all.

Kloug

Activity: 140
Merit: 20

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 04:19:59 AM

There's actually arbitrage to do on BTC which is constantly higher on GDAX, especially in EUR, and these last days, generally 300eur above other exchanges (sure, it's only 3 or 4%, but it's easily done).

+ it looks like the 10k wall on GDAX is smaller, so it's quite likely that the 10keur barrier will be broken first on GDAX, while on other exchanges it will still be struggling. That will probably last for way more than the time it takes to transfer a BTC.
Probably enough people are waiting for that, though.

I'd do it if I could register GDAX, and if I wanted to bother with slow SEPA transfers afterwards.
feelideb

Activity: 770

fLibero.financial

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 04:49:58 AM

Arbitrage is cool and is completely legal. There will always ve arbitrage opportunities across market. The market participants can not ve same on every platform. The dynamic of demand and supply create this arbitrage opportunity and it will always be like that.

richcorner100

Activity: 616

https://exip.live/

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 10:18:08 AM

Arbitrage is good strategy to make profit and this is sure legal, just more active to go to many exchange to find different price. Arbiratge also has less risk because we doing  buy and sell with short time.

EXIP PROJECT
A Decentralized Domain & Top-level domain service where your domain and TLD identified by a NFT
────────  Whitepaper ⬝  Twitter ⬝  Telegram⬝   Facebook ⬝  Medium    ─────── 
layoutph

Activity: 1386
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 10:35:20 AM

Arbitrage is very rewarding if you are using a bot with fast connection. But it's so hard to do it manually,  you might also lose the trade between exchange site to exchange site.

pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 10:45:29 AM

I don't believe you can move coins fast enough to beat volatility, even if you can move coins fast enough you cannot move fiat fast enough to do arbitrage safely.

I noticed lately there's a big difference in price in GDAX and Bitstamp, anyone doing arbitrage successfully between these two exchanges?

Kloug

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 03:39:22 PM

I don't believe you can move coins fast enough to beat volatility, even if you can move coins fast enough you cannot move fiat fast enough to do arbitrage safely.

I noticed lately there's a big difference in price in GDAX and Bitstamp, anyone doing arbitrage successfully between these two exchanges?

Moving fiat is slow but it's just that, there is nothing unsafe (it may cost, but you know how much in advance), you just have to move afterwards, during which time you can't trade anymore.
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1499

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 09:46:26 PM

Entire crypto currency market is still unclear about their legality. So lets not talk about that, instead lets talk about the effectiveness of arbitrage trading. It is a great method of trading and you can make assured profit from almost every trade. I used to arbitrage a lot when I had time during weekends. However, nowadays, you will require a lot of capital investment if you want to use bitcoin for arbitraging. Because the transactions are slow and it takes almost 30 minutes for confirmation. So almost every time you will loose the arbitraging opportunity if you try to transfer from one exchange to another.

So I suggest you to use ETH for arbitraging. ETH transactions are usually instant, it only takes few seconds to confirm. So you can make profit almost every time even if you move funds from one exchange to another. But the main problem with ETH is the price difference. Since the price difference is very less, you need to have a huge investment to make out a good amount of money from ETH arbitraging. However, if you can play it right, arbitraging is the best method to make profit from trading.

Jaya912

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 10:53:53 PM

why dont you think about confirmation?
confirmation is very important when you decide to do this strategy. with long confirmation then you will be likely loss your money.
yes you are right, bitcoin is not good choice if you want to use this strategy because very long confirmation. you can try the other coin which is not crowded in the market to make the transaction even quicker.

You can read in the bottom for coin suggestions.

vanedwap

Activity: 560
Merit: 113

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 01:38:57 AM

Arbitrage strategy is one of the best strategy when in comes in trading but sometimes you will loss your expected profit because sometimes if you want to transfer the coin from exchange to another exchange to block confirmation are very slow,before you transferred the coin the price already dumped

deddod

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 03:43:06 AM

yes it is legal and allowed.
many traders are taking advantage of arbitrage. but some coins usually have problems when making deposite or withdraw between exchange.

▄█▄
   ██▀  ▄█▄
  ██▀  ▄█▀  ▄▀
 ██▀  ▄█▀  ▄▀
▐█▌  ▄█▀  ▄▀
██   ██  
██   ██  
██   ██  
▐█▌  ▀█▄  ▀▄
 ██▄  ▀█▄  ▀▄
  ██▄  ▀█▄  ▀▄
   ██▄  ▀█▀
    ▀█▀
████
▀▀▀▀
▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▐████
▀▀     ▄▄▄▄▄▀██████████▐████
▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████▀ ▀▄▄▄     ▐████
▀▀     ▄▀███▄▄▄▄       ▐████
▄▄   ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▐████
▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀██████████████▐████
▄▄   ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▐████

▀▄▄▀▀▀  ██████           ▐████
██████▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▐████

▄▄  ████▀▄██████████▐████
▀▄▄▀▀▀▀ ▄████████████▐████
BIDIUM       ▄█▄
   ▄█▄
  ▀██

▀▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▀▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
  ▀▄  ▀█▄  ▐█▌
   █   ██   ██
   █   ██   ██
   █   ██   ██
  ▄▀  ▄█▀  ▐█▌
 ▄▀  ▄█▀  ▄██
▄▀
  ▄█▀  ▄██
   ▀█▀
  ▄██
       ▀█▀

Kloug

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:36:06 AM

Arbitrage right now has to be very profitable from Bitfinex to GDAX where the BTC is

2500EUR HIGHER

W   T   F
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:45:33 AM

Arbitrage right now has to be very profitable from Bitfinex to GDAX where the BTC is

2500EUR HIGHER

W   T   F

That's really great news. I think I should open an account in both of those exchanges as the markets are full of volatility now. I have arbitraged smaller cap coins but now the problem is the Eth and btc networks are so clogged up, one would have to wait for the congestion to ease. I tried to arb some PPT yesterday and I am still waiting for some Eth to come to me from an exchange where it has been stuck for more than 24 hour sigh.  Cry Anyway sold some NXT for a small profit and bought some cheaper PPT that got dumped on hitbtc exchange, so that kind of worked out.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Saksham

Activity: 570
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:56:37 AM

Regarding your question if this is legal, it depends on your Country. There are issues in China and Russia. The issue is not that if it is illegal, but that there is no regulations about cryptocoins, so it could be a little strange, but it is not like steeling.
Kloug

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:35:10 PM

That's really great news. I think I should open an account in both of those exchanges as the markets are full of volatility now. I have arbitraged smaller cap coins but now the problem is the Eth and btc networks are so clogged up, one would have to wait for the congestion to ease. I tried to arb some PPT yesterday and I am still waiting for some Eth to come to me from an exchange where it has been stuck for more than 24 hour sigh.  Cry Anyway sold some NXT for a small profit and bought some cheaper PPT that got dumped on hitbtc exchange, so that kind of worked out.

yeah, by the time I wrote that, on GDAX the BTC dropped by 2500, and then went up 1300. Crazy, considering these amounts were the price of the bitcoin a few months ago. And it's still 1500eur higher than on Bitfinex.
wayaneka

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 08:06:17 AM

Yes arbitrage is fully legal, this is good trading strategy to make profit,  but before doing it for the better just test small amount first when send any coin/token because any some coin has long time confirmation and this is can be not efisien, Let see ETH network now that overload so in this case not allowed doing arbiratge especially for ERC20 Token.

googlebtc

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:13:59 AM

I also do arbitrage transactions of course with the advantages Bitcoin prices that have surged lately have the opportunity to take advantage of arbitration trading where the price of trading distance in my country is quite good. so I do not think it's a problem if you want to trade like that
Oilacris

Activity: 3010
Merit: 613

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:32:18 AM

Yes, its legal which this arbitrage trading been have done by some traders which can really give sure profits if its done on perfect timing and fast confirmations but if not then it would really be a risk on losing money instead because of the fees involved but this would depend on the spread because if the spread is too big then it would give the higher chance of profits even on slightest delays.
droptableguy2

Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:34:44 AM

Arbitrage is a pretty good tactic for daily trading. I also made a lot of profit from this tactic. You can use many ways to increase your bitcoin number through which you are increasing your profits.

Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:47:46 AM

legal? yes
possible? yes
risky? very!

one of the issues most people forget about Arbitrage trading is the fact that as someone new to it, you should remember than there are always so many others, so much faster than you, who are doing it. many of them are using automation. for example as soon as the price difference occurs, their bot buys it from one place and sells it on the other.
imagine you open the exchange page and look at the prices and try to open your calculator to see if it is profitable, by this time the bot has already made the trades and is now with profit. by the time you make your decision the price may not even be the same any more.

Only Bitcoin
phreakk

Activity: 307

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 09:04:37 AM

As others have stated, it's legal and it could be risky, depending on what you're trying to do.

Yesterday, there was an awesome opportunity with SBD/Steem. SBD rose from $2 or $3 to $12.40... That's great on its own already, but what if you add in arbitrage?
Sell SBD for a high price, buy STEEM with the money you obtained, turn it into SBD and you just multiplied your SBD. Did this a couple times yesterday and it turned my 7 SBD into 18 SBD, on top of its growth from $2 to $12.40.

That's the power of arbitrage and the largest risk there is to it, is the failure of exchanges to deliver a good withdrawal/deposit service.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     █▀█▄              █▀ ▀█▄
     █  ▀█▄          ▄█     ▀█▄
     █    ▀█▄       █▀         ▀▄
     █       █▄   ▄█             ▀█▄
     █         ▀▄█▀                ▀█▄
     █          ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
     █         ██▌ █▄                ▄█▀
     █        █▌█▌   █▄            ▄▀
     █       ▐▌ █     ▀█▄       ▄█▀
     █      ▐█  █       ▀█▄   ▄█▀
     █      █  ▐█         ▀█▄▀
     █     █   ▐▌           ▀▄
     █    █   ▄▀ ▀█▄▄         ▀▄
     █   █▀ ▄█       ▀█▄▄       ▀▄
     █  █▌ █▀            ▀█▄▄     █▄
     █ ▐▌▄█                  ▀█▄▄  ▀█▄
     █▐██▀                       ▀█▄ ▀█▄
     ██▀                            ▀▀███
     █
RATEONIUM

GLOBAL BLOCKCHAIN BASED PRODUCT
██  ██
SERVICE RATING PLATFORM
██  ██

Twitter       Telegram     Reddit
█ RATE █    █ TRADE  █   █ INVEST █
Nasty23

Activity: 736

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 09:28:12 AM

legal? yes
possible? yes
risky? very!

one of the issues most people forget about Arbitrage trading is the fact that as someone new to it, you should remember than there are always so many others, so much faster than you, who are doing it. many of them are using automation. for example as soon as the price difference occurs, their bot buys it from one place and sells it on the other.
imagine you open the exchange page and look at the prices and try to open your calculator to see if it is profitable, by this time the bot has already made the trades and is now with profit. by the time you make your decision the price may not even be the same any more.
Yes this is a reason why arbitrage is very risky even it is profitable. We should be analyze first the exchanger that we want to arbitrage because sometimes it is being manipulated by some people to attract other to buy the coins and dump it fast after they earn a profit on it and we should be fast in making a transaction for this method in trading because the more time that we loss the bigger the chances of risking that the price becomes goes down because of that price differences.

julzcoinbit

Merit: 105

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 11:21:30 PM

Arbitrage strategy is one of the best strategy when in comes in trading but sometimes you will loss your expected profit because sometimes if you want to transfer the coin from exchange to another exchange to block confirmation are very slow,before you transferred the coin the price already dumped

You're right mate, arbitrage is one of the strategy in trading by the simultaneous buy and sell of the commodities of the currency  in different market. Also, since the value of different coins is unpredictable some this could may lead of lose the value due for panic buying or sellinh the value of altcoins that they have. Somehow, by the.simultaneous it may lead to the system slowing down but it's capable to manage of the system as what happend on previous days.
babysweetTiger0401

Activity: 777
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 11:45:24 PM

i tell you mate Arbitrage strategy is good when in social media is hyping their favorite coin and if other exchanges is low at price and then other exchange is much higher price then we can send it to other exchange so it will be more profitable. i did this before but sometimes it's very risky to send coz other exchange block confirmation are very slow
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 12:31:08 PM

That last part is what can really be crazy about arbitrage. I have not really done much arbitrage anyway, so I cannot really say how people tend to pull that off. I am sure there are some coins one may have to watch out for on some of the exchanges most especially when they get dumped badly by a big holder on one particular exchange which may not quickly reflect on others. I may actually give it a try one of these days.

There is nothing wrong with arbitrage and no one is definitely going to put you in jail for it. It is just to take advantage of those discrepancies to make some bucks for yourself.

You have to consider however that it is not that easy to do arbitrage trading except the margin between the two coins is pretty wide. If that is the case, you can at least make something good despite the transaction fee removal as well as the time frame of transaction.
Jedzkie050617

Activity: 476
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:47:45 AM

i tell you mate Arbitrage strategy is good when in social media is hyping their favorite coin and if other exchanges is low at price and then other exchange is much higher price then we can send it to other exchange so it will be more profitable. i did this before but sometimes it's very risky to send coz other exchange block confirmation are very slow

Arbitrage is risk due to the simultaneous transaction of the different account throughout the world that might slowing down the system. Thay grabbing a good opportunity, if the value of bitcoin or a kind of altcoin that is can be suitable as a good profitable during a process in trade or exchage. Somehow, there might several times that you need a perfect timing when you want to trade by monitoring there value in the market.
dave111223
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 02:04:33 AM

Sure, it's legal. You're just taking advantage of inefficient markets, and profiting from a currency price differential.

These days, there isn't much money to be made in manual cross-exchange arbitrage because of the proliferation of arbitrage bots. You can't trade faster than the bots, who have liquidity on multiple exchanges and are constantly re-balancing accounts based on arbitrage opportunity.

The exception is situations like the Bgold launch: a very new, illiquid market where arbitrage bots aren't operating yet. When supply on the exchange is so low (because people need to manually log in, possibly deposit BTG and start listing BTG asks), it can get pumped very fast. That's why it went above $400 the day it launched on Bittrex.

You are wrong, the bots are not everywhere on every coin, i made a lot of easy arbitrages even taking my time, it's possible, it's just that people don't want to bother do it because they are scared of doing too much transfer
Memenya

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 02:09:27 AM

Yes it is legal like everyone said. It is also profitable and many people use robot as helper to make the transaction quicker.
And  suggest to not use bitcoin to arbitrage because long time confirmation.
beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1158

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 04:52:58 PM

If you can get some pretty good margin, it is definitely a good way to make some good cash. I have done some arbitrage but really it can be crazy. Some I really made some bucks from the huge sellout on one platform which I was lucky to get to know. When someone who holds a lot sells a huge chunk at once, it definitely affects the value at one exchange and if you can take advantage of that, you can make some crazy bucks from it.

Bitcoin would probably be the worst because it is the biggest coin out there. I would try coins that have decent volume but are on smaller exchanges. The bots are more likely to be on the bigger exchanges and have more capital but the smaller exchanges you probably have a small chance still. The few times that I manually tried this the confirmations were enough to screw me over so if you are considering it have funds on both exchanges before otherwise it won't work at all.
LOL. Yeah right! Bitcoin? That is absolutely one coin you may not even want to tamper with when it comes to arbitrage. First and foremost, the time in between transactions, the transaction fee and the volatility. I can imagine how crazily anyone who wants to attempt something like this will end up sweating from the inside of them. Like you said, it is best to watch out for some low volume coins as they are really the ones that can pay off in cases like this.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
bskousen (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 05:49:29 AM

I just realized it is getting harder and harder to try and do arbitrage. At this point I am just going to hold. Got rekt a few times.
EdenDice

Activity: 418
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 07:28:23 AM

It is not something difficult to do, as long as you can control the fees that you are going to need to pay and how much money is it for selling / buying in all the other exchanges, it's not a bad idea, otherwise, you are going to lose a lot of money.

yhoga45

Activity: 294
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 07:46:44 AM

Yes it is legal like everyone said. It is also profitable and many people use robot as helper to make the transaction quicker.

Did you also use "robot"? If you use robot could you share here please? Sorry if my question is "freak". I'm new on cryptocurrency and I want to learn about trading. Thanks
BLAST2MARS

Activity: 490

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 08:10:07 AM

That's tiresome because I was once did that and it was a big mistake. I bought a coin which I saw an arbitrage opportunity but I did not checked the wallet on other exchange and found that it's on maintenance and exchanges do it on purpose.
Ray3z

Activity: 188

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 08:34:54 AM

That's tiresome because I was once did that and it was a big mistake. I bought a coin which I saw an arbitrage opportunity but I did not checked the wallet on other exchange and found that it's on maintenance and exchanges do it on purpose.

Well, learn from our mistake to make better for future is our job because by doing that we could prevent the same mistake in future. With this mistake, you have to check the wallet before trying to arbitrage
induscrypto

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 10:48:34 AM

My 2 cents, go for exchanges that most times have a better price for currency. For example Indian exchanges always have higher price for bitcoin than US exchanges, gives you more predictability. Though there are better ways to make money in cryptos than this IMO
cynical

Merit: 136

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 10:56:51 AM

I have seen an Arbitrage opportunity on a few occasions between different exchanges but almost every time one or the other exchange
has had the wallet in maintenance mode so I was unable to take advantage.
The last one was last week with SIA between Bittrex and Poloniex but again wallets were not useable.
If you can take advantage of the situation while making a gain its a great tool to keep an eye on,
but you would have to consider trading and transfer fees!

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA   mastercard   SPA   UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 01:05:47 PM

Did you also use "robot"? If you use robot could you share here please? Sorry if my question is "freak". I'm new on cryptocurrency and I want to learn about trading. Thanks

There are a couple of arbitrage bots available, some are even free.
I've personally only used the arbitrage function in Haasbot, but it was at a time of relative market stability, so I didn't make too much with it.

You can check it out here: https://www.haasonline.com

I'll share a list below of all the arbitrage bots I can find, some paid, some free.

https://github.com/butor/blackbird - free and in development
https://gekko.wizb.it/ - free, has some arb functionality but isn't really built for it.
https://github.com/maxme/bitcoin-arbitrage - free but updated infrequently
https://www.haasonline.com - Paid, subscriptions start at 0.035 BTC for 3 months

Granxis

Activity: 1400
Merit: 536

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:12:29 PM

Now albitraging is very difficult and risky, because custom-created bots do it. Risky business is albitrage, because it does not accept mistakes. The smallest number error causes the coin to be in another adrese or some other amount.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
patt0
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1005

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:15:30 PM

Is arbitrage really profitable and safe? When I look to bitcoin price on coinmarketcap, and ignoring the arbitrage possibilities on korean exchanges, since I believe you can't really trade there unless you are Korean, I normally only find arbitrage possibilites on Gdax, that normally has a premium on it's BTC/Eur pair, compared to other exchanges. It's not a huge difference, and sometimes it doesn't even cover fees to be profitable, but some other times it's viable.

Right now I only see a problem with arbitrage. Unless you have accounts in multiple exchanges and all of them with a decent amount of funds, you won't be able to take advantage of these arbitrage offers. I see them, but by the time it would take me to deposit and close the deal, the price diference would probably be gone. Also, if you don't have big amounts of money on all these exchanges, you will not gain much as well.

Do you guys use any methods to try to solve these problems? Or do you simply have a lot of cash spread around exchanges, and can take advantage or arbitrage offers?

mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:37:24 PM

I have seen an Arbitrage opportunity on a few occasions between different exchanges but almost every time one or the other exchange
The last one was last week with SIA between Bittrex and Poloniex but again wallets were not useable.
If you can take advantage of the situation while making a gain its a great tool to keep an eye on,

i think the tips is do not to arbitrage on a big exchange mate, because when you see the difference in price at a certain altcoin price, maybe within minutes the arbitrage opportunity is already taken by someone else because marketcap and user is large, look for small exchanges, there are many altcoins there and lots of striking price differences between small exchange sites with one another, I often utilize it
BiiT MAster 666

Activity: 225
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:23:10 PM

I think this is legal, like all coins that are just and coin like gold coins exchanged.
cynical

Merit: 136

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:31:30 PM

i think the tips is do not to arbitrage on a big exchange mate, because when you see the difference in price at a certain altcoin price, maybe within minutes the arbitrage opportunity is already taken by someone else because marketcap and user is large, look for small exchanges, there are many altcoins there and lots of striking price differences between small exchange sites with one another, I often utilize it

Ah ok. so there are still opportunities out there for gains!
Thanks for the heads up  Wink

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA   mastercard   SPA   UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
yhoga45

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 01:31:23 AM

There are a couple of arbitrage bots available, some are even free.
I've personally only used the arbitrage function in Haasbot, but it was at a time of relative market stability, so I didn't make too much with it.

You can check it out here: https://www.haasonline.com

I'll share a list below of all the arbitrage bots I can find, some paid, some free.

https://github.com/butor/blackbird - free and in development
https://gekko.wizb.it/ - free, has some arb functionality but isn't really built for it.
https://github.com/maxme/bitcoin-arbitrage - free but updated infrequently
https://www.haasonline.com - Paid, subscriptions start at 0.035 BTC for 3 months

Okay thanks for your information. It’s really help me cause I’m new om cryptocurrency.
doedz

Activity: 1106
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 04:39:58 AM

Now albitraging is very difficult and risky, because custom-created bots do it. Risky business is albitrage, because it does not accept mistakes. The smallest number error causes the coin to be in another adrese or some other amount.

I really agree with you, and I'm having bad things with arbit. some Stocks often monopolize coins and it is very difficult to do so.
Some wallets do not work well, and the biggest risk is we lose our assets. this is very dangerous. and I stay away from it now.

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
    ▄▄▀  ▄█▀▀                    ▄   ▄▄
  ▄█▀▄▄█▀           ▄▄           ▀▀█▄ ▀█
 ▄▀ █▀     ▄▄██▄▄   ██   ▄▄██▄▄      █▄ █
 █ ▀█   ▄▄█▀▀   ▀██▄▄█▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀██▄▄   █ █
 █     █▀ ▄▄█▀▀█▄▄ ▀██▀  ▄██▀█▄▄ ▀▀█  █ █
 █  ▄  █ ██▀ ▄▄▄ ▀█ ██ █▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀██ █  █ █
 █ ██  ▀ ██ █▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█ ▄▄█▀▀▀▀█ ██ ▀  █ █
   ██    █▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█    ▀ █
   ██    ▄▄██▀ ▄▄█▄ ██  █▄▄ ▀▀██▄▄      █
 █ ██    ▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄███▄ ▀▀██▄▄ ▀       █
 █  █      ▀▀▀ ▄██▀▀▄█ ▀██▄▄ ▀▀       █ █
 █  █         ▀▀▀   ██    ▀▀▀         █ █
 ▀█ ▀▄▄             ██              ▄█ ▄█
  ▀█▄ ▀▀▄▄          ██          ▄▄█▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄▄▀▀▀        ██       ▄▄ ▀▄▄█▀▀
        ▀▀█▄   ▄▄        ▄▄█▀▀   ▀
            ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄█▀
               ▀▀█▄▄▀▀ ▄▄█▀

E M I R E X
─── إمركس ───

...Whitepaper...

The Infrastructure for the
New Digital Economy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
████████▀           ████████
█████████            █████████
█████████  ██████████████████▀
████████▄           ████████
▀█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀██████▀▀▀

E M R X

─ Token ─

...LEARN MORE...

...Register...
[/cen
littleDarper
Copper Member

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 05:10:09 AM

There's a catch with the arbitrage you see on the coinmarketcap exchange prices. A lot of these wallets are often under maintenance, thus "freezing" their price. So making withdrawals of these coins to another exchange becomes impossible. This isn't always the case, but is often the case particularly with coins that have a high daily volume.

CryptoMoonDevil

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 05:27:05 AM

There's a catch with the arbitrage you see on the coinmarketcap exchange prices. A lot of these wallets are often under maintenance, thus "freezing" their price. So making withdrawals of these coins to another exchange becomes impossible. This isn't always the case, but is often the case particularly with coins that have a high daily volume.

That's right, make sure to always be on an exchange with a high volume otherwise you won't have any sell orders filled. I like to spread my coins/tokens over several exchanges and have enough bitcoin on hand to exact a quick arbitrage deal when i see them.

gopnik

Activity: 73

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 11:33:54 PM

I've been following the crypto game for a while now and enjoyed some pretty nice arb opportunities back in the early bitcoin days, but what i can tell you now is that these opportunities are gone and the prices are now all aligned because of the proliferation of bots and arbitragers
The only price differences you see today are always here for one reason; the exchange is either a total scam; wallets are disabled or volatility / risk is extreme and arbitrage doesn't make any sense
It is a waste of your time and money imo pursuing that endeavour, as it is now becoming exclusively reserved to well funded and staffed professionals who can deploy low latency bots with very sophisticated strategies

lopez cryptomania

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 09:36:53 PM

Yes Arbitrage is a great and legal way to profit, there are no regulations against it right now and possibly ever. I believe in this ICO bc they are aiming to make crypto easier to enter for all with their novice friendly UI and the first ever arbitrage exchange that will allow for less market volatility which keeps so many inexperienced and afraid people on the sidelines. Arbitrage will provide a greater opportunity to profit in this economy.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3085831.msg31823480#msg31823480
alexvilis

Activity: 588
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 12:18:46 PM

This is mBOT - An Intro to the mBOT Arbitrage Trading Dashboard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YI5LreAgYlU&feature=youtu.be
leavolnhals

Activity: 770

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 12:35:42 PM

It's completely legal and no one forbids you to do that. Because the Crypto market is a decentralized market and there are no rules. You can make a lot of money in any way you want. So this is a pretty interesting market but it's risky.

otundebis

Activity: 630

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 01:28:49 PM

Arbitrage is totally different from speculation,  you need not to confuse the two.  Bitcoin gold was highly speculative cryptocurrency and you making almost more than 200% profit is share luck!  Arbitrage is however more intentional than speculations!

jomarca

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 06, 2019, 06:12:26 AM

By looking at different websites like the one below, I can find quite a bit arbritage opportunities in crypto. Some of them around 3 or 4% gain.

The only thing that is preventing me to take profit from them are taxes.
Is any of you doing crypto arbitrage? How do you deal with the taxes when you have multiple transactions every day?

https://cryptonewsandprices.me/arbs/
Palazzi42

Activity: 1

View Profile
October 16, 2020, 09:43:37 AM

Hello everyone, we are a group of computer science and economics students from the University of Trento and we are developing an arbitration bot between DEX.
If someone wants to support us with a donation or help us in any other way we are open to anything.
(if someone makes a donation, please write to PM to get a copy of the developed code)
BTC: 1LHqKXEs4Vk5LoNk63AD4h7BUF82ouJXr3
ETH: 0xe5a52B06d33C98e94303588f03125244d766DA26
CASTIEL05

Activity: 560

View Profile
October 17, 2020, 09:30:44 PM

We can`t really define the good coin that is good in arbitrage because we have to research them in different exchanges. i do not use arbitrage as my strategy because I think it gonna lose me in transaction fees plus the hours that I am waiting to transfer it into another exchanges. However, I find it also more convenient when the trader has a lot of capital used to buy coins and sell them into another exchanges. Most of the time, we can buy coins to those who are not having liquidity, those dex but we have to be careful because sometimes, the ticker and name might confuse us.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: