Bitcoin Forum
July 31, 2024, 02:15:35 AM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What were you like in School?  (Read 557 times)
erono (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 02:19:25 PM

I was introduced to piano at an extremely young age.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2013, 05:52:13 PM

I was introduced to piano at an extremely young age.

Same here! I remember being introduced to a dog, a cat, a couch, a chair,... When I got bigger, I was introduced to things outside the house like a dog, a cat, a couch, a chair (remember, this is the streets of Chicago in the early 60's I'm speaking of).

Seriously, to address the question: I was LIKE a sponge--I wanted more!

I remember in 7th grade (Indiana) first being introduced to algebra. Prior, it was [ ] + 4 = 5. What number goes inside the box? Now, I was introduced to "a + 4 = 5". What is "a"? "What a fuckin' concept!," I thought. I couldn't wait to see what I would learn the next day.

And I wasn't disappointed, for I saw "a + b = 5". What is a and b? I learned about it by reading ahead, for it was weeks before the teacher started teaching it. As a Junior in HS, I taught myself calculus because it wasn't offered.

Today, I enjoy Googling, where there's an entire world of knowledge at my finger tips. BTW, that's how I discovered Bitcoin--Googling Lincoln cents and copper, seeing if amassing them is viable.

One reason for joining this forum was to improve upon my writing skills, for for [not sic] years I rarely wrote a damn thing except my signature. Besides, what the hell good is having the ability to type ~80wpm but don't use it?

Now, if you'll excuse me, Farmer John is bringing in a new shipment of goats, and I'm the official taster... I meant tester. Don't want anybody to get an image in their heads that I suck-off goats, albeit...
nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2013, 07:37:14 PM

Highly strung. Quite musical. Usually (but not always!) got decent grades. Rarely (though by no means never!) in trouble with "authorities" (teachers, etc.).

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 07:40:44 PM

class comedian got in trouble because of that. Liked sports, liked hangin out so was not in the nerdy class but would showup with straight a's and amaze my peers who thought I was just like them Smiley

I got 99.9% in poetry teacher always told me that I should speak like I wrote, however my social circle would probably disagree violently lol.

Don't mind math, my dad majored in math so it was easy. Loved the idea of a Piano like classical music at an early age without being forced to listen to it. Just never had the opportunity to go into that. Maybe my kids will one day when I have them.
Online24o0n

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

"Ignorance never settles a question."

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 08:27:00 PM

Better than the rest.

"Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present"
- Marcus Aurelius
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 04:54:30 AM

Better than the rest.
or so u thought.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: