Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:48:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGox Deposit problem  (Read 707 times)
BaliCooler (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 02:38:21 PM

Anyone here have a problem depositing fund to Mt.Gox? I did an international transfer to them since the 28th of June, but up until now the money hasn't appear in my account. This is not my 1st transfer, but previously it only took at most 1 business day for the fund to appear, but now it has been a week and I'm a bit worried.  Embarrassed
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
naphto

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 02:44:45 PM

Wait.
Contact their support.

Sad
BaliCooler (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 02:49:22 PM

I did contact their support, but they just said they will keep an eye for it. Maybe my next move should be doing a bank trace of the fund.
fleabag

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 02:50:25 PM

I did contact their support, but they just said they will keep an eye for it. Maybe my next move should be doing a bank trace of the fund.

sounds like that money is long gone. how much did you lose?
BaliCooler (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 03:01:37 PM

Embarrassed Too much not to care about it $000's
fleabag

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 03:04:57 PM

Embarrassed Too much not to care about it $000's

hmmm..that doesnt seem fair. its a shame there isnt any rules and regulations the exchanges have to follow. they do selective scamming i think.
bigdude

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 03:10:22 PM

Same thing happened to me.

Sent $6000 USD

2 weeks later same response 'they are trying to locate it'.

Spoke to my bank, did a trace, discovered they middle bank changed it to JPY for the fun of it. Gave the new JPY total, and MtGox found it in 30 minutes.

Now, its been 3 days, they still have NOT put it in my account.

They admit they located the deposit, said it will be in the account soon ... 3 days later .. and nothing!

BaliCooler (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 03:19:20 PM

Same thing happened to me.

Sent $6000 USD

2 weeks later same response 'they are trying to locate it'.

Spoke to my bank, did a trace, discovered they middle bank changed it to JPY for the fun of it. Gave the new JPY total, and MtGox found it in 30 minutes.

Now, its been 3 days, they still have NOT put it in my account.

They admit they located the deposit, said it will be in the account soon ... 3 days later .. and nothing!

Seems like I have to do a trace as well. They used to be my "go to" exchange, but now I'm not sure whether they can be trusted anymore or not. So disappointed.
PilotCurly99

Activity: 15

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 03:22:54 PM

Every forum I log on to related to any cryptocurrency, I read about people with similar issues.  Sounds like there is a huge demand for a US based exchange with low fees, good support, and straight forward and honest business practices.  Dealing with the regulators though, I think it is going to be a little while till someone makes that happen.

This is essentially my post so I can reply to other sections of the forums.

DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 03:41:19 PM

Every forum I log on to related to any cryptocurrency, I read about people with similar issues.  Sounds like there is a huge demand for a US based exchange with low fees, good support, and straight forward and honest business practices.

You mean something like CampBX?
BaliCooler (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 05:22:22 AM

The fund finally appear on my account today.  Cheesy
Hopefully all end well with you as well bigdude, maybe keep harassing the customer service.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: