Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:48:31 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The single most important thing behind any cryptocurrency is...  (Read 1440 times)
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 03:25:04 PM

Single most important thing would be usefulness in real world economy. If I can buy a bread and two pints of milk with XXX (replace XXX with your favorite coin) then it's useful. If not, then it's not quite so useful... (at this moment) Smiley
Snub

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 04:27:17 PM

you guys are so delusional it's funny

ask 10 people on the street what a bitcoin is

You'll be lucky to find 1 who can even pronounce it

you aren't anything but a way for people to get drugs

accept that and act accordingly

of course satoshi didnt intend for this to happen, but neither did the guy who invented the little roses they sell in vials at gas stations

Go back to 1960's and ask the average joe on the street what a pc/computer is.

Go back to 1980's and ask what the "internet" is.

Go back to 2013 and ask what bitcoin is.
autodidactic

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 02:16:07 AM

This guy is some kind of idiot:

https://bitspend.net/

I guess he missed the part where you can literally buy anything with bitcoins.  Roll Eyes

LZKRTwu1jUM8MphtJox54hHmXH4SiNTron
hate_the_face (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 01:27:19 PM

This guy is some kind of idiot:

https://bitspend.net/

I guess he missed the part where you can literally buy anything with bitcoins.  Roll Eyes

LOL

The TL;DR is that Bitspend has had its accounts frozen by our banks. We cannot operate without access to our funds

WHAT A HUGE SELECTION

bitcoin will never be a part of everyday society because there is no need for it to be. The govt is too corrupt to let something like that ever rival the USD. They've started wars to keep the dollar value up, you don't think they cant crack down on the key services that make bitcoin go?

If it was truly decentralized they couldn't, but that is just a buzz word touted by BITHEADS worldwide who don't know shit about shit
eule

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 01:53:44 PM

You look at it from the wrong direction. To be able to buy drugs (or anything) with a currency, it has to be worth something first.

Also, why is this in the altcoin section if you're bashing bitcoin/every coin? Economics seems more appropriate.

digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2013, 02:52:21 PM

how about the real world? Where bitcoin is nothing more than a buzz word right now. Nobody is actually spending any substantial amounts, they are just speculating on the price.

The ones who are actually SPENDING coins, is the silent majority I referred to in the OP.

to reference a quote a lot of hipsters probably adore on this website

Look, the people you are after are the people you depend on. We cook your meals, we haul your trash, we connect your calls, we drive your ambulances. We guard you while you sleep. Do not... fuck with us.

ok i agree there are a lot of naive people related to the whole system , but that's not a problem , economically i see them as children i can't help this , and i do not do it in an arrogant way - but let me tell you Cryptocurrency has more important factor than "Drugs" or "pizza" although of course as they related to humans are really very important -

people in England use to speculate on the price to a degree of a stick of wood - look up what a Tally stick is.  it was a currency, people speculate on the price of shiny malleable metal called gold.

are you starting to understand?

how often do you pay for drugs with gold
pizza? tally stick pay pass?

have you actually considered that you exist in an informational hologram? no?

well forget about that then , and focus on this:

Things have value due to in part the confidence in the market , as it relates to that information environment - so to simplify that if confidence is low against the market in which say, Gold competes , and Gold keeps that same amount of "confidence" it always had, you might say that the "market" will shift towards Gold.

Golds confidence did not increase - but the confidence in the competing market went down, you see?

that's simple right?

now confidence and "Things" kind of have a relationship - because "Things" are what humans recognize , and thus if human can get "things" with X , human has more confidence that "X" is "Valuable".

that's all being =

what if confidence drastically drops in the competitive market against "X" .

so "X" gets you "things" and "Y" gets you "things" = confidence starts to slip from Y , where will the market move to ? in this equation?

that's homework.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: