Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:12:28 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC rate when bitcoin will mined  (Read 923 times)
moooonu

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 05:02:34 PM

After all bitcoins get mined. There will be a limited stock left with us to trade with. With seeing its current demand its price will touch skies.
readygoaw

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 08:03:24 PM

What do you think will happen with the bitcoin rate when it will be completely mined? I've heard quite opposite opinions on this issue.
And some (like me) believe that nothing will change for a long time after this.

It will not happen very soon. Probably before this time comes a very powerful cryptocurrency, stronger than Bitcoin will appear. However, when it is mined totally, it will be used further and probably will be even taxed (just a thought, not more).
Granxis

Activity: 1400
Merit: 536

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 10:32:03 PM

It is impossible to predict what is going to happen 100 years from now. Bitcoin can possibly disappear until the whole supply it is mined or it is possible that another cryptocurrency with more advantages to surpass it. If none of those will happen, the price will be higher for sure with x10 at least.

Most people say that in future the fees will be huge because the mining will become harder. Well, the fees wil obviously increase but think that the price will also increase and this will compensate the fees. The economy will change and fees will adapt to that. Anyway, new technology will be discovered and I think that even if mining will be higher the new technologies will again compensate that and the mining will be the same as now.
Bitcoin 's disappearance scenario scared me very much but it' s likely to happen. Because if a new technology emerges Bitcoin 's situation will be difficult. Also, FedCoin is likely to go on the market, I do not think rumors will happen.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
ModaFuka1994

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

The stock photography revolution

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 10:52:02 PM

I think it's really difficult to predict but when the total supply amount of Bitcoin , 21m, still available and not mined out I think the price of Bitcoin will keep increasing and maybe if when 21m Bitcoin mined out and Bitcoin still not legalized worldwide I think it'll be bad and everyone will change to use other cryptocurrency like ETH or LTC with available supply amount but not Bitcoin then Bitcoin price will decrease very quickly to zero. But as I know the total supply amount of Bitcoin will be mined out at 2140 so it's more than 100 years left, let see what will happen Cheesy

bribed

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 11:15:47 PM

I think nobody can tell what will happen then. I could picture that bitcoins price would first rise due to the fact that there will no more coins being mined so people start a run on the existing ones because everybody expects a rise in price, this run then makes the price grow and then the price will stagnate at a certain level and might slowly decline again. Just letting my imagination flow here. Dont really know how this scenario will turn out, but its some time until we face that anyways.
Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 11:48:59 PM

Some people are saying Bitcoin will be wroth $1,000,000 each, but my prediction is BTC will be worth even more than $1,000,000 and let me tell you why... see, it is always being lost every day. Bitcoin is lost through mistakes transactions, lost private keys and more. It sucks, but that is the reality of Bitcoin. With that said, the value always increases. By the year 2140 when the last Bitcoin will be mined, I predict that the price will be over $2,000,000.

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
RobertoRigoberto

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:17:58 AM

The block reward gets lower and lower over time, until it smoothly (jumps by half each time) reaches zero over 100+ years. I think the real question is: what happens when the block reward becomes "too low"?

My opinion is that over time, bitcoin is becoming more and more valuable, so the block reward becoming lower (measured in BTC) over time is not a problem because the value is still the same or growing.

The fees, which we don't consider very valuable for miners today, will only become more and more expensive. At some point in the future, it will only make sense to transfer huge amounts of value using bitcoin, because of the fees, and at that point those fees will be incredibly rewarding to miners and will replace the shrinking block reward.
darewaller

Activity: 2856
Merit: 639

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:24:13 PM

What do you think will happen with the bitcoin rate when it will be completely mined? I've heard quite opposite opinions on this issue.

Not an economist here but assuming we get to see the day it will be mined out, I think there will be a jump from the price prior to mining out. People tend to focus on once-a-lifetime event so I can see more would come out to buy the last few coins.

From there there'll probably be a short plateau while people absorb the fact that mining is over.

Y’know, you’re very right on this. During the last time when all Bitcoin will be mined, people will buy the last coins and this will lead to a very big surge. But have you ever thought about what will happen after the surge? Now that’s what I’m afraid of. After the surge, people who bought Bitcoin will decide to sell all of them off once they notice a slight fall, and this might possibly lead to a crash.

▄██▄▄                          ▄████
             ▄█▀   ▀▀▄▄                    ▄█▀▀   ▀█▄
            █▀         ▀▄                ▄█▀        █▄
           █▀   ▄█▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀      ▀▄   █▄
          ▄█   ▄█▀███▄▄                          █   ▀█
          █    ▀   ▀████▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        █   █▄
          █         ▀████████████████████████▄▄▄      ██
         ██        ▄██████████████████████████████▄    ▀█▄
        ▄█▀     ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████▄▄   ▀█▄
      ▄█▀     █████████████              ▀▀████████████▄   █▄
    ▄█▀        ▄██████████████▀▀█▄    ▄▄     █  ▀██ ▀███▄   ██
   ███▄▄     ▄███████████▀▀           ▀██▄        ▀  ▀▀     █▀
     █▀     ███████████▀                               ▄▀   ██
    █▀    ▄██████████▀                       ▄▄▄       ▀   ▄█
   █▀    ▄██████████▀           ▄▄      ▀▀████████▄         ▀██▄
  █▀    ▄███████████          ▄██▀   ▀▀█▄   ▀███████▄▄▄██▄▄   ▀██▄
 █▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ████      ▀██▄  ▀████████   ▀▀▀    ▀█▄
▄█              ▀▀█           ████  ▄▄█▄▄███▄  ▀██████           ▀█▄
██▄▄▄▄▄                       █████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀████▄           ██
       ▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄                █████▄▄▄            ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▄██
               ▀▀▀▄▄           ▀█████████████████▄▄          ▄▀▀▀
                    ▀▀▄▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀
                        ▀
.BETFURY..
|
         ▄▄▄▄▄████▀▄▄▄
      ▄███▀▀▀█▀▀  ▄████▄
    ▄██     ▀       ▀▀███▄
  ▄██   ▄██▄    ▄█▄   ▀████▄
 ██▀    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀█     ▀███
██▀   ▄███   ███▄▄▄█▄    ▀███
██    ███  ▄█▀▀█▀▀███     ███
██    ███▄▄██ █▄█▄ ███    ██▀
██        ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀     ██
██▄   ▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄     ▄█▀
 ██▄█▀  █▄▄█ █▄  █ ▄▄   ▄██
  ███   █▄▄█ █   █▄▄█  ▄█▀
   ████▄             ▄██▀
    ▀█▀█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
       ▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀
WIN REAL CRYPTO IN THE REAL DROP
JOIN $20,000,000 CRYPTODROP
|Join Fury Game
Get Free Crypto
BFG, USDT, BTC, ETH
|▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀████
████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████▀  ▄█████
██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██▀  ▄███████
████████▄ ▀█▄   ▄█████████
██████████▄ ██ ▀██████████
█████████▀   ▀█▄ ▀████████
███████▀  ▄██▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████
█████▀  ▄██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀████
████▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄████
 ████████████████████████
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
...PLAY...
mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 03:17:57 PM

Hi,

I guess that when bitcoin is completely mined, the value will remain stable for some time. I mean, once you have no easy way to get bitcoin, people will be less tempted to bet at incredible rates... So the bitcoin should get a stabilized value (very high I think).

Then, what will be interesting is to see how people deal with it, if they let bitcoin die or of they will find new ways, new uses for crypto-currencies!

trobin

Activity: 177
Merit: 102

🤖UBEX.COM 🤖

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 05:04:50 PM

The block reward gets lower and lower over time, until it smoothly (jumps by half each time) reaches zero over 100+ years. I think the real question is: what happens when the block reward becomes "too low"?

My opinion is that over time, bitcoin is becoming more and more valuable, so the block reward becoming lower (measured in BTC) over time is not a problem because the value is still the same or growing.

The fees, which we don't consider very valuable for miners today, will only become more and more expensive. At some point in the future, it will only make sense to transfer huge amounts of value using bitcoin, because of the fees, and at that point those fees will be incredibly rewarding to miners and will replace the shrinking block reward.

I think you are right that the value increasing will make sure the block reward is sufficient but I like to think you are wrong in terms of fees and that eventually we will have ways to send bitcoin for very low fees. If fees are so large that it is only used for large transactions then we will lose a lot of the value in bitcoin.

Lieldoryn

Activity: 630
Merit: 272

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 05:11:38 PM

I think you are right that the value increasing will make sure the block reward is sufficient but I like to think you are wrong in terms of fees and that eventually we will have ways to send bitcoin for very low fees. If fees are so large that it is only used for large transactions then we will lose a lot of the value in bitcoin.
For a long time the price of the transaction must be reduced. The price of the transaction is unacceptable. Now there is an alternative. Bitcoin cash. I don't trust this coin but things can change. I hope that the kernel developers know it. They will be forced to solve this problem to bitcoin has not lost its popularity.
Sasuke102001

Activity: 280
Merit: 111

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 06:18:07 PM

What do you mean by totally mined if you are trying to say that all the bitcoins have been mined and no more coins can be mined then that could lead to shortage of Bitcoins which will definitely result in the increase of Bitcoin prices by a very big margin. As the supply of bitcoins would be limited the prices can skyrocket.
nl247

Activity: 518
Merit: 145

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 06:59:36 PM

The concept of bitcoins amd the price change depends on the factor "Demand and supply". According to me, after all the bitcoins are mined, the demand will be the same but the supply will be stopped and the coins in the circulation i.e 21 Million bitcoins will be circulated similar to other national centralised currencies. So perhaps bitcoin will not show much price variation but will move slightly similar to other currencies.
Why will supply ever stop? If supply stops, that totally means everyone will stop spending, so who will you have your bitcoin to exchange with? Bitcoin may not be as volatile as it is now, but supply will always be there, but if it is highly usable, we may see more demand than supply. However, as long as people find ways to earn it, and they can easily spend it on whatever they want, that would keep the cycle going on and on after the whole thing. We cannot know however, what the value would be but it is definitely not going to be stagnant.
kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 08:06:19 PM

The bitcoin rate before and after being mined will be the same, only the bitcoin supply is reduced. The more miners, then the miners' income also will be subdivided. I never heard about the rate before and after being mined.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
OuterTech

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

Tokenize Fantasy Sports

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 09:22:45 PM

I think it's really hard to prediction cause the total supply amount of Bitcoin will be run out in next more than 100 years, I think nobody in this forum can alive until that time. I can ensure that before the total supply amount of Bitcoin run out, the price of Bitcoin will keep increasing but when the supply amount of Bitcoin run out, there will be 2 cases can be happen, if at that time Bitcoin still not legalized worldwide, nobody will keep using Bitcoin like before then Bitcoin price will be dumped very quickly but if it'll be legalized at that time I think the price of Bitcoin will go to the moon, maybe Bitcoin price will me millions dollars at that time Smiley)

wilberthh

Activity: 462
Merit: 12

Indonesian Translator, #1 Quality is prioritized.

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 10:42:15 PM

When that time come, I believe the price of bitcoin will riseee massively. But well, I don't think bitcoin can be mined completely.
slyfox

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:01:07 AM

No way to know unless there are some big medical advances, not a single one of us is going to be here when that happens, and if bitcoin is still around at that point in time it is very likely that bitcoin has become one of the dominant currencies of the world and that we think in prices in terms of bitcoin.
trobin

Activity: 177
Merit: 102

🤖UBEX.COM 🤖

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 04:41:12 PM

For a long time the price of the transaction must be reduced. The price of the transaction is unacceptable. Now there is an alternative. Bitcoin cash. I don't trust this coin but things can change. I hope that the kernel developers know it. They will be forced to solve this problem to bitcoin has not lost its popularity.

It is one good thing to come of all of these bitcoin forks, while I disagree with a lot of them, it certainly increases the competition that bitcoin can come under as there are now some very viable alternatives. It means that developers will have to be on their toes and make sure they keep bitcoin performing to expectations or users will simply move to alternative options.

olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 05:12:00 PM

After all bitcoins get mined. There will be a limited stock left with us to trade with. With seeing its current demand its price will touch skies.

I don't think there would be limited bitcoin rather a lot of premium would be placed on the ones available by that time 1 satoshi could worth a lot more than it does today. Also, by that time, there rate of volatility would not be so high as we have it today because a lot of people would have heard and be involved, a lot of forks would have happen that new forks wont even make any difference, major events wont even make any major impact at all.
Trivelius

Activity: 344
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 11:59:38 PM

It is impossible to predict what is going to happen 100 years from now. Bitcoin can possibly disappear until the whole supply it is mined or it is possible that another cryptocurrency with more advantages to surpass it. If none of those will happen, the price will be higher for sure with x10 at least.

Most people say that in future the fees will be huge because the mining will become harder. Well, the fees wil obviously increase but think that the price will also increase and this will compensate the fees. The economy will change and fees will adapt to that. Anyway, new technology will be discovered and I think that even if mining will be higher the new technologies will again compensate that and the mining will be the same as now.
According to me the price of bitcoin will got increase more because more people will invest and that’s why bitcoin will become more popular, the price of bitcoin will be very high in the future I think because a lot of people will know and will participate in bitcoin.

ARBITAO████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████