Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:00:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: good bitcoin article on Gizmodo  (Read 2734 times)
evolve (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 07:33:14 AM

http://gizmodo.com/5816765/real-life-bitcoin-business-is-kind-of-booming/gallery/1

ok so its more of a gallery than an article, but it shows brick-and-mortar shops that take bitcoins....cant beat good press Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hugolp
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 07:40:16 AM

The layout of the site is horrible. I did not know how to continue reading the article and the big add in the middle is anoying as hell.

But I like that Bitcoin business are getting free publicity and I loved this comment:

Bitcoin is also used to buy and sell stolen credit card numbers. I know it sounds crazy, but if the people who make a living by exploiting the insecure way we currently make electronic transactions trust Bitcoin, then Bitcoin must be on to something.

I would be much more skeptical if Bitcoin was exclusively used by a group of idealistic academics. If it can survive as the currency of the underworld, then there's no reason honest people can't use it too.

▄████████▄
               ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ██▀
             ███
▄▄▄▄▄       ███
██████     ███
    ▀██▄  ▄██
     ▀██▄▄██▀
       ████▀
        ▀█▀
The Radix DeFi Protocol is
R A D I X

███████████████████████████████████

The Decentralized

Finance Protocol
Scalable
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██                   ██
██                   ██
████████████████     ██
██            ██     ██
██            ██     ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██     ██
██▀▀▀▀██      ██     ██
██    ██      ██     
██    ██      ██
███████████████████████

███
Secure
      ▄▄▄▄▄
    █████████
   ██▀     ▀██
  ███       ███

▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██    ███████████

███
Community Driven
      ▄█   ▄▄
      ██ ██████▄▄
      ▀▀▄█▀   ▀▀██▄
     ▄▄ ██       ▀███▄▄██
    ██ ██▀          ▀▀██▀
    ██ ██▄            ██
   ██ ██████▄▄       ██▀
  ▄██       ▀██▄     ██
  ██▀         ▀███▄▄██▀
 ▄██             ▀▀▀▀
 ██▀
▄██
▄▄
██
███▄
▀███▄
 ▀███▄
  ▀████
    ████
     ████▄
      ▀███▄
       ▀███▄
        ▀████
          ███
           ██
           ▀▀

███
Radix is using our significant technology
innovations to be the first layer 1 protocol
specifically built to serve the rapidly growing DeFi.
Radix is the future of DeFi
█████████████████████████████████████

▄▄█████
  ▄████▀▀▀
  █████
█████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
  ████
  ████
  ████

Facebook

███

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀

Telegram

███

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

Twitter

██████

...Get Tokens...
Exonumia

Activity: 189
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 07:47:26 AM

ok so its more of a gallery than an article, but it shows brick-and-mortar shops that take bitcoins....cant beat good press Smiley

Yea wish I could read it Wink Since they switched to that, whatever they call that layout... I call it total crap.

I was reading via uk.gizmodo.com and ca.gizmodo.com, but recently those started re-directing to the nasty layout as well.

I don't visit gizmodo anymore.
evolve (OP)

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 07:53:10 AM

The layout of the site is horrible. I did not know how to continue reading the article and the big add in the middle is anoying as hell.

But I like that Bitcoin business are getting free publicity and I loved this comment:

Bitcoin is also used to buy and sell stolen credit card numbers. I know it sounds crazy, but if the people who make a living by exploiting the insecure way we currently make electronic transactions trust Bitcoin, then Bitcoin must be on to something.

I would be much more skeptical if Bitcoin was exclusively used by a group of idealistic academics. If it can survive as the currency of the underworld, then there's no reason honest people can't use it too.

yeah, they changed the layout a while back...it used to be a standard blog-style layout which was way easier to navigate.

in any case, the "article" is more or less just a gallery with commentary...just click the row of pictures under the main headline picture.  i wish it was more comprehensive than a slideshow, but it cast btc in a fairly positive light (which is more than i can say about a lot of other media) so im not complaining too much..   Smiley

lol, that comment was priceless
evolve (OP)

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 07:54:17 AM

Yea wish I could read it Wink Since they switched to that, whatever they call that layout... I call it total crap.

I was reading via uk.gizmodo.com and ca.gizmodo.com, but recently those started re-directing to the nasty layout as well.

I don't visit gizmodo anymore.

lol, you get used to it after a while... Grin  but yeah the old blog format was waaaaaay better
Exonumia

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 07:56:10 AM

lol, you get used to it after a while... Grin  but yeah the old blog format was waaaaaay better

The only thing gawker understands is viewer count... I won't be adding to that Wink
evolve (OP)

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 08:04:27 AM

The only thing gawker understands is viewer count... I won't be adding to that Wink

lol to each his own i guess  Wink     

cant say i understand the hate for gawker network though, i go to kotaku, gizmodo, and lifehacker daily....sometimes even hit up jalopnik and io9 too  Grin
Exonumia

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 11:51:57 PM

cant say i understand the hate for gawker network though, i go to kotaku, gizmodo, and lifehacker daily....sometimes even hit up jalopnik and io9 too  Grin

I'll explain it for you... its the *new* site design.

They know that the majority of their readers hate it, yet they keep it.

They know that they kept a few of us reading with the uk. and ca. sub-domains retaining the old style, so they killed it.

I don't hate gawker, gawker hates me.

I used to love gizmodo to... such a shame, but, Engadget has me now.

CNMOH

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 11:57:43 PM

Are people really too stupid to switch to the blog view here? It's done with the click of a single button.

I'd expect more out of the Bitcoin community :/
datguywhowanders

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 11:59:52 PM

I think it's huge that a Howard Johnson hotel is taking Bitcoins.

Donations Welcome: 163id7T8KZ6MevqT86DjrBF2kfCPrQsfZE
Exonumia

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 12:04:24 AM

Are people really too stupid to switch to the blog view here? It's done with the click of a single button.

I clicked it and and it still wraps it up in some kind of crap-fest design... is there a secret button that restores the old layout?

CNMOH

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 12:06:35 AM

I clicked it and and it still wraps it up in some kind of crap-fest design... is there a secret button that restores the old layout?
It's not identical to the old layout, but everything works the exact same way. What exactly is it you don't like about the layout when you've switched to the blog view?
Jaime Frontero

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 12:08:35 AM

I think it's huge that a Howard Johnson hotel is taking Bitcoins.

yeah.  +1.
Exonumia

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 12:13:05 AM

It's not identical to the old layout, but everything works the exact same way. What exactly is it you don't like about the layout when you've switched to the blog view?

The way it shoves everything into a narrow column in the center of my browser window.
They have succeeded in simulating watching 4:3 content on a HDTV... with webpages.

No biggie... they don't really want me reading anyway.

CNMOH

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 12:24:21 AM

The way it shoves everything into a narrow column in the center of my browser window.
They have succeeded in simulating watching 4:3 content on a HDTV... with webpages.

No biggie... they don't really want me reading anyway.

Uh, take a look at the old layout:

http://patrickkeane.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/lifehacker_alignment_pic1.jpg

The difference isn't that big. The difference isn't that they've shoved everything into a narrow column, the difference is that they've removed the unnecessary elements on the side. Do you really need to be reminded who is the editor-in-chief on every page?

Things haven't been crammed together. In fact, there is slightly more reading space than there was before. People are just way too conservative and nostalgic for their own good.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: