Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:00:08 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: avalon asic cpu fan not spinning.. help please  (Read 1654 times)
bitpower (OP)

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2013, 07:55:52 PM

I got 2 asics yesterday. I turned on first one - it was working ok: psu fan spinning, psu white led on. Today fan stopped spinning and light is off. I was still able to connect to asic through its ip and configure it. The weird thing is that I exchanged psu for Enermax 850W bronze and same thing - the fan doesn't work.. The second asics fan didn't work at all. any advise how to fix it ? please help Smiley

May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face and may the wings of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars.
candoo

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Vertrau in Gott

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 07:56:51 PM

I got 2 asics yesterday. I turned on first one - it was working ok: psu fan spinning, psu white led on. Today fan stopped spinning and light is off. I was still able to connect to asic through its ip and configure it. The weird thing is that I exchanged psu for Enermax 850W bronze and same thing - the fan doesn't work.. The second asics fan didn't work at all. any advise how to fix it ? please help Smiley

Is the fan connected to the FPGA Board? Try to replug it.

If that doesnt work at all, then power the fan with 12 Volt manual

Einer trage des andern Last, so werdet ihr das Gesetz Christi erfüllen.
bitpower (OP)

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2013, 02:22:23 AM

sorry they actually work. psu's fans in 2 asics work full time and in 3d one the fan works sometimes only.. i dont know if thats the right way to be, hope its not gonna blow up ;p

May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face and may the wings of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars.
Trillium

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 05:58:05 AM

sorry they actually work. psu's fans in 2 asics work full time and in 3d one the fan works sometimes only.. i dont know if thats the right way to be, hope its not gonna blow up ;p

Can't you google the PSU and find out if it has dynamic fan control? Should be the kind of thing manufacturer would mention in their product info.

BTC:1AaaAAAAaAAE2L1PXM1x9VDNqvcrfa9He6
elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 06:09:57 AM

it might be a hybrid "fanless" PSU
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: