Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:57:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [12 BTC Bounty]charitycoin.org - 0% fees [+bug bounty]  (Read 2829 times)
shamen (OP)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 10:34:07 AM
Last edit: July 18, 2011, 11:50:10 AM by shamen

Hello,
Im pleased to announce the launch of charitycoin - our new pool designed to give something back to the bitcoin development community. We are offering a 10 BTC bounty to the finder of our first block.

This project was inspired by Unthinkingbit in this thread http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=20455.0. Whilke the pool has been running for some time, it has not been officially launched until today as we have been waiting for our new domain name. However there is some delay with that so I have used a temporary domain name to get us going as its better to get going than sit around!

We are an open registration charity mining pool which give 1% of every generated block to open source bitcoin developers and writers specified here. This is done via the donation amount being fixed at 1% for each user. You can donate more if you wish, just let me know in this thread or via PM (include your pool username) and I will make the necessary modifications.

For the first 6 months of operation we will be running with 0% transaction fees for all. Pool keeps transaction fees.

While we are waiting our new domain name from Privacyshark, you can find us here

You can use the following URL to mine with us (set up an account and miner first!):
http://charitycoin.org:8344

http://charitycoin.org

Some Pool Features

Latest Bitcoind
    Latest pushpoold with long poll/LP and blkmonD to reduce stales
    JSON API
    Automatic payout
    ozco.in fork of simplecoin interface
    Cool stats and info
    'cheat proof score'
    Currently based on Amazon EC2 Infrastructure for resilience and reliability
    0% admin fee

Please note that until we find our first block, automatic payout is disabled. This is so I can run the payout system after finding the first block and ensure there are no bugs to ensure that everyone gets paid correctly. Once the first payout has happened, automatic payout will be enabled for all subsequent blocks. Instant payout is available with a 1% fee.

Im looking for reputable members to assist with the pool (support, coding etc) if anyone is interested, please PM me.

There is currently a 0.25 BTC bounty for anyone who reports an exploitable security vulnerability with POC

Hope to see you all on board soon and good luck to our miners in getting the bounty and future coins!

Peace

Shamen
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
shamen (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 10:29:21 PM
Last edit: July 18, 2011, 11:48:54 AM by shamen

Only two miners so far. Small pools are the best for returns (as long as we get lucky!) and with a bounty too you could be in for a nice payout.

Give it a try and earn some BTC while give something back to those that make bitcoin possible Smiley
shamen (OP)

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 11:45:00 AM

Updated to 0% fees for the first 6 months for everyone.

Bounty still available and we need miners Wink

First miner to reach 1GH/sec average over 7 days gets 2BTC bounty
farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 10:04:20 AM

Only two miners so far. Small pools are the best for returns (as long as we get lucky!) and with a bounty too you could be in for a nice payout.

Give it a try and earn some BTC while give something back to those that make bitcoin possible Smiley

You are right .. but at current speed even if someone comes in with 3GH it could take weeks/months  to hit a block... especially if there is bad luck...

Using the same 3gh at any reasonable size site will give at least the 25btc in 2 weeks

So its really a good deal for the big gamblers Smiley

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
shamen (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 12:30:19 PM

You are right .. but at current speed even if someone comes in with 3GH it could take weeks/months  to hit a block... especially if there is bad luck...

Using the same 3gh at any reasonable size site will give at least the 25btc in 2 weeks

So its really a good deal for the big gamblers Smiley

Very true indeed. Though over time earnings should even out - throwing 3GHsec at a big pool or 3GHsec at a small pool theoretically produces the same earnings over time, right?
charity57

Activity: 11

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 02:38:59 PM

How do I claim the 2BTC bounty?  I tried to pm you yesterday but I haven't received a response.
charity57

Activity: 11

View Profile
August 05, 2011, 02:30:06 AM

Okay, it has been two days now and no reply.  I guess this is a scam pool??  I should have figured I guess, what with the promised 12BTC bounty.  I just wish there were more honest people in this world...
XRcode

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2011, 03:33:27 AM

I don't know but I wouldn't trust anyone trying to use Privacy Shark to hide their identity
Graet
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2011, 03:46:47 AM

mm nice favicon - but it belongs to http://ozco.in ...
I really dont mind new pools using our code, gives me a laugh, but really do look over your site before publishing - doesnt make you look professional...

| Ozcoin Pooled Mining Pty Ltd https://ozcoin.net Double Geometric Reward System https://lc.ozcoin.net for Litecoin mining DGM| https://crowncloud.net VPS and Dedicated Servers for the BTC community
shamen (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2011, 05:09:49 PM
Last edit: October 10, 2011, 07:21:28 PM by shamen

To be fair, I thought the pool was dead. I tried to get people onboard but no uptake at all - I do mine on it myself occasionally when the weather is not too hot (the wife complains otherwise). I havent been looking at it as I thought no one was using it Sad I also havent been on these forums much since they got butt raped by script kiddies. Now I see we have some users trying to mine on the pool, ill pay attention to it some more and apologize unreservedly for any confusion or skepticism I may have caused.

Charity57 - ill check the logs to verify you met the 2BTC bounty requirement first. Please PM me the address for the 2BTC bounty and ill send this tomorrow once I have verified who met the bounty requirement first.

XRcode- I do value my privacy and use privacy services where possible. I registered the domain name via privacyshark for this very reason. As for my credibility - hard to prove to anyone really when I try to keep private. I will say I have been involved with defcon and have a profile on defcon.org (published profile, not just a forum profile), but its connected back to my personal name via some easy google searches so I wont list it here. All I can offer is that now I see people are using this pool, I will take a more active role and that with time people in the BTC community will see im an honest person.

Im very interested in hearing from anyone who wishes to be involved, anyone who wants to help, anyone who has any suggestions or ideas for improvements (maybe a different payout scheme? Or perhaps mining on namecoin+bitcoin blockchains?)

Graet - yes we do use the Ozcoin fork - I loved what Ozcoin had done with the original pushpool frontend and saw you listed the software as an available fork, and published to GIT accordingly. I also verified that in the PHP scripts the code was released under GPL, which as far as my understanding means the code can be used? I checked the headers in the PHP files

//    Copyright (C) 2011  Mike Allison <dj.mikeallison@gmail.com>
//
//    This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
//    it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
//    the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or
//    (at your option) any later version.
//
//    This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
//    but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
//    MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
//    GNU General Public License for more details.
//
//    You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
//    along with this program.  If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.

I will point out that I listed that we were using the ozcoin fork on this page (http://charitycoin.org/about.php) and included the most recent donation address I could find for the creators. I also note that Ozcoin is just a fork of another GPL'd pool system. to quote GNU

But if you release the modified version to the public in some way, the GPL requires you to make the modified source code available to the program's users, under the GPL.

As for changing the favicon - well wasnt really high on my list. I would have put more effort into the pool had more people used it. Just seems that not a lot of people are interested in new pools even with bounties to help get things going. I just used the code from your GIT repo, which I assume must have included your favicon. Its just a suggestion, but I think its probably not a good idea to include graphics you do not want used by others in GIT repo which has code published under GPL3 license if its going to upset you when someone uses those graphics?

I really dont mind new pools using our code

I used forked GPL3 code, from a publicly available repository. I then credited the creators publicly on the site that used the code and included the creators BTC donation address for people to send donations, should they wish. There was also no README file specifying any additional steps I had to take to use the code. Id say whether you "mind" others using the code is irrelevant based on the fact you forked GPL3 code and then released it publicly. I'd also imagine that the steps I took to ensure you were credited on additional pages and your donation address listed are actually more than most people would do when using GPL'd code. If your code had 'powered by ozco.in fork' or similar at the bottom of each generated HTML block, then that would have stayed there - the version I pulled did not have that.

Its a shame you have closed the git repo for your fork, as it was actually the best available at the time. but thats your choice.

RedLine888

Activity: 236
Merit: 109

View Profile
October 29, 2011, 05:54:28 AM

Hi! I am the only miner at your pool and today I have got "Account has been locked"! What should I do to restore my account? Thanx!
RedLine888

Activity: 236
Merit: 109

View Profile
October 29, 2011, 03:49:30 PM

Is Anyone going to reply my post? I have solved more than 700000 shares! I have 30 BTC hanging at your pool until the block is found!!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: