Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 10:01:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitparking anyone get their money back?  (Read 2254 times)
DavinciJ15 (OP)

Activity: 780
Merit: 510

Bitcoin - helping to end bankster enslavement.

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2013, 02:04:09 AM
Last edit: July 05, 2013, 02:50:25 AM by DavinciJ15

I had over 30,000 namecoins in bitparking I am wondering if there is anyone that got their namecoins or bitcoins after the crash?

Chris says he will get to me but it's been months and I am nervous.

Looking around no one is talking about this so I have to wonder what's up.
100%digital

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 02:50:00 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=165153.0

He returned my btc/nmc... Not a trivial amount either.
Binary Finery

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 02:03:45 PM

In the same boat - haven't heard anything in over 2 months. Similar volume of NMC on the table.
When did you last hear from DoubleC?
DavinciJ15 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 05:28:30 PM

In the same boat - haven't heard anything in over 2 months. Similar volume of NMC on the table.
Last week he said 2 weeks he will get to me.   But that's after I said would go to the media.  I'm shocked he can't understand why someone would be upset that he has 30k of their money would bother him to see what the progress is...

Duh?!

Anyhow he should have has a web list of users showing where you are in the queue.    It would make everyone happy and see progress.
Binary Finery

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 03:42:03 PM

It's crazy, he's not more sensitive to this. He appears to be well respected in the namecoin and bitmessage arena, but maybe he just looks after his own.
DavinciJ15 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2013, 03:50:59 PM

It's crazy, he's not more sensitive to this. He appears to be well respected in the namecoin and bitmessage arena, but maybe he just looks after his own.

He said 2 weeks. 2 weeks ago so I will ask him again about the money since it was over 30 in namecoins.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 02:37:48 PM

Last week he said 2 weeks he will get to me.   But that's after I said would go to the media.  I'm shocked he can't understand why someone would be upset that he has 30k of their money would bother him to see what the progress is...

Duh?!

Anyhow he should have has a web list of users showing where you are in the queue.    It would make everyone happy and see progress.

Davinci,

Why would you leave 30,000 NMC on an exchange in the first place?

Haven't you learned from all the many previous mistakes of people doing this?

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 02:43:05 PM

2013-05-03: Some recovery requests have not been providing any information resulting in a rather painful and slow back and forth getting it. To facilitate recovery, when you email a request please include:

Some addresses you used to deposit or withdraw from the exchange to confirm identity
An approximate estimate of the balances you held in the exchange
Whether you had any buy or sell orders active at the time of the crash
Whether you had any deposits or withdrawals pending at the time of the crash.
2013-04-24: Recovery is still ongoing. I'm working through the queue of users and a number have had their accounts processed. The process is ongoing and will take time to process all accounts. I endeavour to answer bitmessage queries about status in a timely manner if you have questions. Email responses are less timely as I'm mainly using that for account recovery requests and general support queries can get hidden in the large number of those.

2013-04-14: I've been working through the emails and bitmessages sent to me for exchange balance recovery. This is taking quite some time as there is a large number of users and it is time consuming to reconstruct account details. I'm working through it on a case by case basis. Emails are getting answered as I process your account details, don't panic if you don't get an immediate response. As I'm processing email messages as I deal with them I suggest using Bitmessage to BM-BbgTgGa6LX3yYqwJSwdwrzysvfWjM2u6 for urgent status enquiries so they don't get lost in the queue of recovery emails.

2013-04-08: Work is still ongoing in recovering the transaction and wallet data from the exchange drive. I'll report here when I have more information. If you have data that will help identify you as the owner of an exchange account please send it to the email or bitmessage address at the bottom of the page. An address you deposited to or withdrew from and your account name, contact details and a namecoin/bitcoin address to send funds to will speed things up. Those that have already sent details I'll contact within the next couple of days all going well.

2013-04-05: It appears the namecoin exchange has suffered corruption on the drive holding the exchange data which caused the crash. I've now got a disk image of the exchange and will be working on recovering the transaction data this weekend. Once this is done I'll post a status here of what effect this will have on trades that occurred between the last backup and the crash. Once a state of the database is determined and balances of coins in the exchange wallet are recovered I'll bring up the site for withdrawals only and the exchange will cease operation.

2013-04-03: The machine hosting the bitparking namecoin exchange has gone down and I was not able to successfully bring it up remotely. I'm working on getting it operational again and hope to have more information about the state of it tomorrow.

Email admin@bitparking.com for queries or send a bitmessage to BM-BbgTgGa6LX3yYqwJSwdwrzysvfWjM2u6.

Interesting that the machine running the exchange crashed right around the peak of Bitcoin prices as well as other crypto prices.

Are people getting their funds back or has there been no contact with DoubleC for a prolonged period?

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2013, 02:52:43 PM

Nope, I got nothing from him either.  I had a fair about of BTC and a ton of old NMC in Bitparking.  I sent him several messages and he finally stopped responding. 

Sounds like he's taken hundreds of thousands in NMC and who knows how much BTC and run.  That's not an insignificant amount of money at this point.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
DavinciJ15 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2013, 03:09:14 PM

Duh?!

Davinci,

Dude!  Who said I left it there!  I was trading out of NMC the day they crashed.
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 03:10:39 PM

hope you get your money back this sucks
DavinciJ15 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2013, 03:12:54 PM

Nope, I got nothing from him either.  I had a fair about of BTC and a ton of old NMC in Bitparking.  I sent him several messages and he finally stopped responding. 

Sounds like he's taken hundreds of thousands in NMC and who knows how much BTC and run.  That's not an insignificant amount of money at this point.

I offered him a cut if he worked on mine first but he was not hearing it.  He said it was not necessary so I think he will get to us in due time but we can't let him go to long as there are statutes of limitations.
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2013, 03:36:11 PM

Yeah I had put about 40k NMC there a long time ago while it was wayyy down and I was upside down on the conversion from the pool to BTC hoping it would go up so at least I could break even.  When it started to go back up, I went to get it out of there and lo and behold the exchange conveniently crashed about that time.

I had already exchanged a bit, so there was some BTC sitting on there as well as NMC.  Ugh

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
DavinciJ15 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2013, 03:48:05 PM

Yeah I had put about 40k NMC there a long time ago while it was wayyy down and I was upside down on the conversion from the pool to BTC hoping it would go up so at least I could break even.  When it started to go back up, I went to get it out of there and lo and behold the exchange conveniently crashed about that time.

I had already exchanged a bit, so there was some BTC sitting on there as well as NMC.  Ugh

Same here I was getting out of NMC as the exchange went down.
doublec
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 08:47:40 AM

I'm shocked he can't understand why someone would be upset that he has 30k of their money would bother him to see what the progress is...
I'm not at all upset or shocked that people would be upset. By the same token I would hope others aren't shocked and upset to know that I'm being careful with the situation involving large numbers of namecoins so as not to make further mistakes. I'm not at all prepared for the task of dealing with so many angry emails - this was just a hobby project I set up when coins were pretty much worthless - and I admit I'm not great at responding to them. I'd rather just do the job of fixing things.

I have had updates of progress here and here. I respond to polite emails about progress when I can. A large number of people have had their funds restored. A large number haven't - in particular ones involving trades around the day of the crash. Corruption in the trade data, corruption in the wallets, has made things difficult. My current step has been to work out what namecoin funds cannot be recovered, and then work try to work out a payment of existing funds followed by some form of ongoing payment for the remaining amounts I wasn't able to recover. At that point I'll put an update on the website with details so users can know where there stand.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 09:07:38 AM

Duh?!

Davinci,

Dude!  Who said I left it there!  I was trading out of NMC the day they crashed.

Okay first off my comment wasn't meant to be offensive. Sorry if you took it that way.

Here is how I guess it went down?

1. Send NMC to bitparking (~1hour)

2. Exchange for BTC (1 minute tops)...assuming you were in a rush as to not leave your coins there.

3. Initiate BTC transfer (~1hour)

So either you got really unlucky in a 3 hour period of your attempt to cash out (which I find very coincidental that 3 hours out of 2 years of an exchange being up you get caught with your funds stuck when the exchange crashes.) or you did leave your coins there for a period longer than I described above.

Don't get me wrong Davinci I have much respect for you. It was honestly just a question.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 09:09:22 AM

I offered him a cut if he worked on mine first but he was not hearing it.  He said it was not necessary so I think he will get to us in due time but we can't let him go to long as there are statutes of limitations.

What statutes exist legally on a bitcoin/namecoin exchange that doesn't utilize FIAT to cash in or out customers?

If I'm not mistaken DoubleC is in Australia/New Zealand.

What international statute exists to uphold your claim?

Sorry, just playing the devil's advocate here.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 09:12:34 AM

In any case I hope all users get their funds back as DoubleC has proven to be a trustworthy person who runs his exchange.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Binary Finery

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 10:37:16 AM

@DavinciJ15 @Inaba

Have you had any response from DoubleC yet? In a very similar situation to both of you. Make sure you post either here or on the other Bitparking thread if you hear anything as we're clearly not going to kept updated by doublec.
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2013, 04:57:14 PM

Nope, looks like he's run off with the funds I'd say.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: