Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:48:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Clones attack – another fork?  (Read 207 times)
lamadu3 (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:19:40 PM

This year Bitcoin surprises us not only with its growth, but with many forks. The next Lightning Bitcoin (LBTC) fork will is scheduled for December, 23 2017. The goal of the project is to make transactions extremely fast. The development of the Lightning Bitcoin project is conducted by a European team of anonymous developers.

https://news.bitcoin.com/the-first-dpos-hard-fork-lightning-bitcoin-is-on-the-way/
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 01:35:32 PM
Last edit: December 02, 2017, 01:45:39 PM by Ucy

Good stuff, I guess.
 I kind of like the fact they are Anonymous Developers! I strongly believe in Crypto Developers not revealing their true identities.. Which i believe will add to the security of the Cryptocurrency/Blockchain.   Hope they aren't the bad guys though.. as there has been a rise in the numbers of Anti-crypto developers infiltrating the Crypto community and acting as Crypto supporters.

Well, let's see how they achieve the "Extremely fast Transaction" without the use of already proposed solution like Lightening Network.
By the way, there are lots of users on Bitcoin which is certainly contributing to the slow Network. So they probably would need thesame number of transactions on Bitcoin to determine the efficacy of their solution.

lakimens

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

PVxYGaa1UZM6oDqW3ZKe4Esi18DgwBpDkr

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 02:19:37 PM

Hell, no! Say NO to forks! They just ruin the value of most other coins.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY ($PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Bounty]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 02:28:36 PM

The goal of the project is to make transactions extremely fast.
that is the publicly spoken goal.
the real goal is to make the developers rich when they either premine it or they run an ICO or simply pump and dump it.

The development of the Lightning Bitcoin project is conducted by a European team of anonymous developers.
anon. devs. can be a bad thing. i would be careful about downloading anything they release. it can simply contain all kinds of malware and they will be anonymous so you don't have anyone to even blame!

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
5ensei

Activity: 728
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 06:35:17 PM

Another pump and dump scheme to get rich like the creators of bitcoin cash and all the other variants. 2018 is going to be the year of the forks. I think an animal name will be used at some point like apple did. Bitcoin lion or elephant.

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀
nioctiB#1

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 06:57:29 PM

This year Bitcoin surprises us not only with its growth, but with many forks. The next Lightning Bitcoin (LBTC) fork will is scheduled for December, 23 2017. The goal of the project is to make transactions extremely fast. The development of the Lightning Bitcoin project is conducted by a European team of anonymous developers.

https://news.bitcoin.com/the-first-dpos-hard-fork-lightning-bitcoin-is-on-the-way/
there are too many hard forks that is claiming to be happen this month, bitcoin silver, super bitcoin and now lightning bitcoin. are they all really going to happen? if this is all true people and developers are now using bitcoin hard fork to make quick money, all of this coins from hard fork should have no value at all because they are useless and just a copy of bitcoin.
surfinonmyownwavebaby

Activity: 252
Merit: 104

Decentralized Ecosystem for User-Generated Content

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 08:20:04 PM

Good stuff, I guess.
 I kind of like the fact they are Anonymous Developers! I strongly believe in Crypto Developers not revealing their true identities.. Which i believe will add to the security of the Cryptocurrency/Blockchain.   Hope they aren't the bad guys though.. as there has been a rise in the numbers of Anti-crypto developers infiltrating the Crypto community and acting as Crypto supporters.

Well, let's see how they achieve the "Extremely fast Transaction" without the use of already proposed solution like Lightening Network.
By the way, there are lots of users on Bitcoin which is certainly contributing to the slow Network. So they probably would need thesame number of transactions on Bitcoin to determine the efficacy of their solution.

I know why you like anon devs Roll Eyes haha. But in all seriousness I think these forks are dumb but if they complete what they set out to then I guess they can have a tiny market share. I don't know why people think one bitcoin has to usurp the other because it doesn't have to be that way. Look at ETH and ETC they are now doing different things despite arguing for the first year. I feel like this will be the progression with these coins as well. Once they realize they literally can't usurp each other they will work independently and look to take a piece of the market each.

R E O S         [   A BLOCKCHAIN-BASED ECOSYSTEM FOR USER-GENERATED CONTENT   ]     JOIN NOW!
Introducing REOSchain™   |  The blockchain that digs out the true value of social media content

WHITEPAPER                    TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                     LINKEDIN                     GITHUB
rohqit

Activity: 197
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 08:42:32 PM

The fork is the new scam. Instead of releasing a coin under any random name, tie it to stable coin and call it a fork or improvement. The crazy part is that the exchanges are all in on the scam ... why? because they all have huge reserves of bitcoin.

Slowly other coins are catching on and 2018 may indeed be the year of the forks.
GreatOrchid
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 08:50:02 PM

All the bitcoin forks that i have seen are trying to do the same, a coincidence? I dont think so.

he goal of the project is to make transactions extremely fast.

it is very annoying to see that there are a lot of incoming forks, specially because they are useless, we dont need a faster bitcoin because we already have one, and bcash of course.

I have seen another today, just look it on the Ann section, it is called Bitcoin Future, far as i know it is going to get released during the second week of december.

It is plenty of them, and honestly, i am tired of them.
mangenta

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 08:52:22 PM

why all these forks have not been conducted years back until now .
Zendalet

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 09:06:24 PM

In open source software development it's very common to fork. One can fork to adapt the original to their own needs, or to improve it and eventually merge it with the original, or to take over if it's superior. From that point of view I have no qualms about forks.

It just became a lot more complex when we added money to the mixture.
BeggarInCryptos

Activity: 401
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 09:17:37 PM

Soon we will need a new category of threads in this forum: BTC forks bonanza Wink more and more coins of mass distraction...

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
MikuMiku

Activity: 67

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 09:39:40 PM

I am tired of hearing too many forks from bitcoin. I dont think all of them can survive for long.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: