Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:10:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's going to be the first to create a Zerocoin based coin?  (Read 1248 times)
drawingthesun (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 07:23:39 AM

The Zerocoin library has just been released [1], The first proper implementation of this extension to the protocol might have enough clout to challenge Bitcoin. I think the core developers of Bitcoin will either take years to implement Zerocoin or never implement it.

The first fully anonymous crypto currency will be huge, remember a few things for those savvy enough to attempt to be the first:

• The library is brand new and with more eye flaws may be discovered
  • Are you a novice programmer or a really experienced programmer? I am a novice and thus I will not attempt to release the first Zerocoin based alt coin. This is because a very good knowledge of crypto will be required to get a secure client working. I am waiting for a professional to take up the challenge.
  • If you use SHA or Scrypt, miners with huge hash rates from competing coins will 51% attack you! A fully anonymous coin threatens the value of all existing coins. You will be attacked, so be careful!

This ushers a new era of crypto currencies, I am very excited!

[1] https://github.com/Zerocoin/libzerocoin
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
calian

Activity: 354
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 07:45:10 AM

Well one thing's for sure, if all the coins are in zero (anonymous) state then this can't be a proof of stake coin. That would be an interesting question right there, keep all coins in zero knowledge proof mode all the time, or allow them to morph back into pseudonymous (normal cryptocoin) mode as well to keep the block chain smaller?
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 07:46:37 AM

probably sunnyking

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
The_Catman

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Captain Jack Fenderson

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2013, 07:59:15 AM

I've had plans on using it for awhile, but it'll take even longer to fully flesh them out. Most likely someone will release something with this long before me.

calian

Activity: 354
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 08:03:15 AM

probably sunnyking

Drat! I wanted him to implement a Nash equilibrium decentralized exchange right in the client. Instead he's currently working on the first non-hash cash proof of work coin.

http://nashx.com/About

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=245953.0

Too bad most of these scrypt kiddies only know how to make poor quality clones. There's a ton of room for innovation in cryptocurrency. We've only seen the beginning I suspect.
r3wt

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 08:17:18 AM

probably sunnyking

Drat! I wanted him to implement a Nash equilibrium decentralized exchange right in the client. Instead he's currently working on the first non-hash cash proof of work coin.

http://nashx.com/About

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=245953.0

Too bad most of these scrypt kiddies only know how to make poor quality clones. There's a ton of room for innovation in cryptocurrency. We've only seen the beginning I suspect.

i'm excited about XPM. its kind of overshadowing my own coin.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
ethought
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 10:55:11 AM

Megacoin website states Megacoin may be integrated with Zerocoin.. When I am not sure.
r3wt

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 10:56:29 AM

Megacoin website states Megacoin may be integrated with Zerocoin.. When I am not sure.

yeah. seems that was thrown in there at the last moment.

ethought
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 11:06:45 AM

I am beginning to think nothing is "thrown into" Megacoins plans - but carefully planned. And if any DEV can do it sooner rather than later I reckon Kimoto can. But that's just my opinion..
r3wt

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 11:25:55 AM

I am beginning to think nothing is "thrown into" Megacoins plans - but carefully planned. And if any DEV can do it sooner rather than later I reckon Kimoto can. But that's just my opinion..

maybe maybe not. i've talked with him in pms, and you can call me crazy but i believe him to be none other than satoshi himself. the MEC source is so intricate. i mean it could be copycat but i really think its him

temor

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 11:43:13 AM

maybe maybe not. i've talked with him in pms, and you can call me crazy but i believe him to be none other than satoshi himself. the MEC source is so intricate. i mean it could be copycat but i really think its him

You must be smoking some strong stuff to think Satoshi Himself would come here and release a coin that is far beneath his capabilities.

I have no doubt this Kimoto guy is talented, but he's no Satoshi.

Please make a post in my Reputation Thread if we've had a successful trade.
hathmill

Activity: 186

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 11:52:20 AM

I can see why Bitcoin and Litecoin will not pick zerocoin. Is this where feathercoin steps in? Anyway, when u visit github u soon realize how far from a finished product zerocoin still is. Now dont get me wrong, I believe inn it but when the authors themselves say it is needs some more reviewers u better believe them (and not just start jump on any alt coin that just implemented zerocoin as it is, just to pump their coin [im sure it will happen though]). Zerocoin is the most interesting thing since Bitcoin. Thanks for releasing it!!!!
r3wt

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 11:56:06 AM

You must be smoking some strong stuff to think Satoshi Himself would come here and release a coin that is far beneath his capabilities.

I have no doubt this Kimoto guy is talented, but he's no Satoshi.

shhh... you aint supposed to bust me out when i'm shamelessly plugging MEC for my own interests.

cosmoscoin

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2013, 11:14:38 AM

We'll consider add zero of proof to CosmosCoin, let's check libzerocoin at first.

This is accont of CMC dev team.
Please donate CMC to us:
C9F6XmSESpKJVRjc2DkRZh1w6Ch53abRxL
Nordstern

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 04:33:06 PM

so what about you plans to  implement zerocoin lib into cosmocoin? any news about that?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: