Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:47:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what are tokens?  (Read 330 times)
jevee (OP)

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

★SportyCo★ decentralized sports invest

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 01:51:48 PM

hello!

what is the difference between tokens and altcoins? wich tokens are good to invest and how to get them?

SportyCo - Decentralized sports investment & funding ecosystem
Announcement | Telegram | SportyCo.io
Coinmarketcap
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 02:38:51 PM

Hi,

There is actually no difference... The "token" is the thing created by  the blockchain.. and it becomes an altcoin when it is used as a currency..
So actually, all altcoins are linked to tokens but not all token will become altcoins!

You can invest on many websites, Yolo Dice is one of them! Regarding which to invest in, well you should first consider the most spreaded ones. It will be easier for you as a first step and it is also more "realiable", rates tend to be less erratic!  Grin

promat123

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 07:42:02 PM

They are actually same thing, but not all tokens become altcoins  Smiley
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16624

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 08:05:41 PM
Last edit: December 23, 2017, 11:18:35 AM by LoyceV

See theymos' Definition of tokens.

TeraBitHoven

Activity: 143

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 01:01:16 AM

Tokens are assets with various uses to blockchain(cryptocurrency transactions) that becomes altcoins.
sarmrakib

Activity: 1292
Merit: 101

Vave.com

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 01:07:46 AM

hello!

what is the difference between tokens and altcoins? wich tokens are good to invest and how to get them?

Actually both are same thing. Token is starting way of after completing ico or adding in cryptocurrency it will be a altocoin. So that there is no so different in token. it is use as a altocoin. Actually you are so curious that's why I am doing few explain.  Any token has come to the ICO as a road map then after completing ICO they will become added on cryptocurrency and be a altocoin.

FinStar34900

Activity: 39

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 09:45:25 AM

Tokens are an asset or utility buit on top of a blockchain, they don’t have their own blockchain but are built on existing ones such as ethereum, waves etc. If they become popular, they might develop their own clockchain and become an altcoin.

esfirvelius

Activity: 24

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 12:35:51 PM

Tokens are an asset or utility built on top of a block-chain.
richshopgh

Activity: 120

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 01:08:09 PM

Tokens is the currency created during the Initial coin offering stage to raise fund. And altcoins is the token when changed to a currency based on the value of the project.
Krishan_94

Activity: 68

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 01:13:29 PM

Tokens are the beginner stage of coin.. Before releasing a coin, they distribute tokens at a cheap value.. Tokens are during called tokens during pre sale and main sale. Once main sale is over and and release the coin, they are not tokens further more. Those tokens are now called coins. Tokens become coins after releasing the coin. Before releasing we call it token. Tokens are most of the times cheaper than coin. Once coin is listen on an exchanger, we call coins, not tokens.. 
wazir101

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 03:47:16 PM

Tokens are often issued to the public through a crowd sale called an initial coin offering (ICO). The creators of the token will issue the token to others in exchange for ether and sometimes bitcoin and other digital currencies. There have been many ICOs recently and in a short time they have completely changed the way projects are funded. There is no requirement that tokens must be well distributed, although if you are building a decentralized application ideally you want the tokens to be owned by as many people as possible.
bhadnaufal

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 09:12:05 PM

Tokens are often issued to the public through a crowd sale called an initial coin offering (ICO). The creators of the token will issue the token to others in exchange for ether and sometimes bitcoin and other digital currencies. There have been many ICOs recently and in a short time they have completely changed the way projects are funded. There is no requirement that tokens must be well distributed, although if you are building a decentralized application ideally you want the tokens to be owned by as many people as possible.

This! Very good explanation
pandukelana2712

Activity: 728
Merit: 1005

BountyPortal Supporter & Hhampuz is my manager

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 02:00:47 AM

I think token just like voucher which contain some cryptocurrency presented in pre-ICO / ICO.
The value in the token is deppens from the creators.
Cutieepooh

Activity: 106

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 05:49:53 AM

Tokens are the assets which will be sold during the ICO by specific project to maximize their capital. Thereafter they will increase their goodwill in the market. Then if the token demanded in the market then their price will be increase vise-verse ,like demand and supply methodology.
Abn

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:42:03 AM

Is the unit of accounting in CryptA Capital's investment portfolio, the world's crypto money investment products. By buying / selling tokens, investors have invested or withdrawn their capital. The greater the number of tokens purchased, the greater the portion of assets an investor can have in his portfolio. The token value is calculated based on the total asset value of the investment portfolio on the day the fund is invested by the investor.
Soksuci

Activity: 199

Mercy

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 08:39:37 AM

Token are a coin that were created using a platform like ETH, NEO, etc.
Token = altcoin are the same, because altcoin is all other coin beside Bitcoin.
Cryptoryx

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 09:52:38 AM

This video explains what altcoins are :

https://www.cryptoryx.com/what-are-altcoins-icos/
Londow

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 04:03:32 PM

Token is an accounting unit that reflects the digital balance in an asset.
ArcherTrashy

Activity: 16

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 08:16:45 PM

I see a lot of tokens are on top of erc20 & waves platform.
Will there be any token on top of bitcoin platform?
rh154c0d3

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 05:11:01 AM

See theymos' Definition of tokens.
this one is the best answer for me. the definition been there for a long time. but I think I and some people asked for it and make a thread to ask it frequently. I hope there will be more important sticky thread about all of definitions that related to bitcoin or crypto world, or just said it as glossary, but the definition should be explained in simple way so newbie like me can understand it fast.
I've tried to use search button in this forum but not efficient because there are many threads on forum that use same word. So as a newbie, i really hope about more sticky important thread so it'll reduce thread repost.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: