Bitcoin Forum
July 17, 2024, 08:17:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about Bitcoin network fees (Sending BitPay BTC to another exchange)  (Read 192 times)
goatapple (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 03:02:02 PM

I plan to use BitPay to process bitcoin payments from customers and I have my BitPay account set to automatically send Bitcoin to my wallet on an exchange called "quadrigacx.com" which will then automatically sell the Bitcoin for fiat.

I am wondering if I will have Bitcoin network fees during this process that reflects in my balance when it arrives at the quadrigacx.com exchange.

Thanks for any info!
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 03:05:10 PM

yes. and bitpay will load some hefty ass fees on you too. they're not being helpful when it comes to implementing segwit and they're slow to react to fee changes, but staying on top of them would be a full time job.

if bitpay aren't handling the fiat end of things then there must be better options out there with more control over fees. fiat is the main reason to use them.
goatapple (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 03:18:20 PM

yes. and bitpay will load some hefty ass fees on you too. they're not being helpful when it comes to implementing segwit and they're slow to react to fee changes, but staying on top of them would be a full time job.

if bitpay aren't handling the fiat end of things then there must be better options out there with more control over fees. fiat is the main reason to use them.

Wow really. I didn't know they hit their merchants THAT hard..

I was looking at Coinpayments.net their fee is 0.50% + TX Fee of 0.00070000 BTC 

Do you know of any other payment processors?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: