Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 05:52:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ALTCOIN IDEA: LifeCoin & Proof of Human Work  (Read 793 times)
Hyena (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1013

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2013, 09:40:50 AM

If anyone doesn't know the Conway's Game of Life yet, watch this: http://coinmarketcap.com/

The idea would be using reversing a given state in game of life as proof of work.
LIFE(initial_state) -> new_state // this is fairly fast
new_state -> initial_state // this gets really complex

Yes, there are problems: Gardens of Eden
And I personally haven't figured out a solution to these problems BUT even if the game of life is not suitable for a CC, the reason why I'm introducing this approach is to get us closer to a CC that somehow embeds Proof of Human Work in its PoW. A hypothesis is that for some particular problems a human mind combined with computing power can generate PoWs faster than a supercomputer on its own.

For example, take a look at Fold It (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo99JjnfdA8)
This is a live example of a problem where humans are vastly better at solving problems than computers on their own.

So, my idea is to come up with a CC that has its PoW made so that human assistance is required, a human entity has to manually participate in the process of mining blocks.

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 09:54:30 AM

I just had a funny thought:

What if people dug a hole then took a picture of it and then uploaded it to the block chain. Would that be considered "proof of human work"?

I see construction workers every day taking their sweet time doing their work. They dig a hole, eat lunch, have 1 guy out of 7 in the hole pretending to do work while the other 6 watch. Then cover the hole again.

Whew what a hard day's work.

Tomorrow = rinse repeat. Grin

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Hyena (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1013

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2013, 10:13:56 AM

not exactly. The system has to be automated. You can't order your computer to go out, dig a hole and take a picture of it, can you. So when no human takes part of the mining process, blocks could still be mined and the system is running. The difficulty would just have to decrease low enough for computers to solve the problems on their own. However, when some person decides to assist its computer then suddenly it gains a vast advantage over its competitors.

edit:
Basically we could have CAPTCHAs included in the mining process but this can't be done (at least not easily) because: who would be the authority to validate your solution?

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: