Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:20:00 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 15k to invest - how would YOU spread it  (Read 2355 times)
wuclx

Activity: 447
Merit: 153

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 09:19:11 PM

I have a similar amount invested - this is my current portfolio:

ETH 20%
BTC 19%
QSP 18%
KMD 13%
PIVX 10%
XRP 7%
ARK 6%
WAVES 6%
STEEM 1%

I'm really bullish about Quantstamp (QSP) with a potential smart contract boom coming in 2018.
Might even buy some more as long as the price is low.
wilberthh

Activity: 462
Merit: 12

Indonesian Translator, #1 Quality is prioritized.

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 09:51:25 PM

$15k-$25k is a lot. I suggest you invest some in btc like 60% of it on btc. And 20% on ethereum, 15% on litecoin, and the rest 5% on new upcoming ICOs.
cryptoninja1 (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 11:00:48 PM

Yeah 15k is alot to me but in the grand scheme of things and what others are investing it's a rather small amount. I feel like if I invested less I would regret it in the future.
teddyelwyn

Activity: 268
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 11:26:06 PM

30% in bitcoin
10% in ETH
10% in Smart contract platform based tokens like lisk, qtum, Neo
20% in multiple coins which have real life uses like sia, dgb, nxt, ripple (long term holdings)
Remaining 30% for short term trading and mostly kept in Fiat to buy cheap coins if price will get dumped hard.

I would do this and for the coins with real life uses, my choice would be the bee token that's coming up. Looks like their pre-sale is going to be this month. they are basically airbnb but with more transparency with blockchain and zero commissions. https://www.thebeetoken.com/
Anonylz

Activity: 2562
Merit: 577

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 11:28:51 PM

10% in fiat? Why would you diversify by that? The OP has clearly said that he is willing to invest that money in cryptos, he does not want more fiat.

I would 10% in fiat and change the 30% in BTC to 50%.

I would definitely put ten thousand dollars on bitcoin, and i would diversify the rest between a few other altcoins.

What is the real sense of putting all those funds in shady ico's? (just like another user said)

Maybe those five thousand dollars could be diversified between Ethereum, Monero, Litecoin and Dash, those are the most profitable and safe altcoins that we have seen during the last few months.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
                           Twitter       Telegram      Medium      YouTube      Discord        TikTok         GitHub               
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
katinko

Activity: 196
Merit: 122

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 11:30:57 PM

Having huge amkunt of capital is great for short term trading you can maximize your earning just follow some signals from other users just choose the trusted people giving good signals.

Agree to other recommendation that much better to divided it in multiple coin but it is for long term investment because they choose coin which is not constantly increasing its value.
ployfit

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 11:33:25 PM

I'm looking to invest around 15k possibly up to 25k in bit and altcoins. Just curious how some of you would invest the money for the short and long term. I use to own some bitcoin a couple year's back but stupidly didn't see the bigger picture at that time. Trying to research as heavily as I can to get the best understanding of what's going on now. Look forward to hearing others opinions and reasoning for how they'd go about this.

I would place the majority of the budget into bitcoin. Probably around 75% of it at least. The rest is 25% and I would use this amount in token sales if I observe any hype in any Project.
Blue2012

Activity: 182
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 11:36:39 PM

Huge capital is a good advantage for trading, agree that short term is much better than holding some altcoin but you should have good skills and give more effort to research which coins is better to trade.
allanwatts

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 12:15:59 AM

I'm looking to invest around 15k possibly up to 25k in bit and altcoins. Just curious how some of you would invest the money for the short and long term. I use to own some bitcoin a couple year's back but stupidly didn't see the bigger picture at that time. Trying to research as heavily as I can to get the best understanding of what's going on now. Look forward to hearing others opinions and reasoning for how they'd go about this.

Check out Universa, Crypterium. Im to concerned that Bitcoin may drop when Universa or other new technologies start getting some traction. I mean 1000 times faster and 100 times cheaper than bitcoin, it does look good.
SeDz

Activity: 251
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 12:22:46 AM

100% Bitcoin or 90% BTC/10% ETH or 90% BTC 5% ETH and 5% Decred

Tux99

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 01:22:10 AM

Some different portion of spread the money will issue here.
50% of course in bitcoin, no altcoin can change this.
25% in etherium,
15% in waves
10% in litecoin.
I think this is good option based on my opinion.
cryptodaking1

Activity: 40

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 01:46:09 AM

About 50% in BTC/ETH and the rest in altcoins. Among altcoins, I think Amor (amorcoin.org) is a very good candidate for any portfolio. They just started their crowdsale and they even have a 20% bonus offer for a limited time! They are decentralising the dating industry
@ngelcryptopia

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 02:19:51 AM

To share, I did not buy any BTC when I first started in July, only ETH and then into other ALTs. In retrospect, I think should have at least 50% in BTC the rest in ETH for ICO purpose and small % in other speculative coins.

udayantha11

Activity: 770
Merit: 17

2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2017, 02:29:47 AM

Please do not panic.

50% BTC
25% ALT Coin
25% ICO

this the Best Strategy you need, BTC always going to be moon so you have invest your 50% to that. then you have invest 25% alt coins. I will recommended alt coins

LTC
Powr
DASH
ETH Blue
WaBi (Coming Soon)

other 25% you must invest in ICO. This is a smart way to be crypto millioner. but research about it. some time you invest 1 BTC your return of investment is 5 BTC. this is not luck , you have work for it.

I recommended INS Eco system now. WaBi ICO now over. when hit exchanges you can grab it.

Good lUCK

we all need universal power and cyclist of Everything
-2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022-
=BTC will make it, but might be a long winter=

Stronger the storm, brighter the rainbow
Marco Ambrusini

Activity: 364
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 02:46:07 AM

30% BTC
10% ETH
10% LTC
20% in other promising coins
Remaining 30% for short term trading.
thats a good selection.with 20% for altcoins .You need to select good altcoins with higher future prospects like Ripple,Dash,Monero,Cardano,Golem etc
coin163

Activity: 462
Merit: 281

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 02:50:31 AM

I will pick some in top certainly like all other
5k in btc
3k in eth
2k in ltc
3k to BCH
2k let's play gameble on some ICO. And enjoy your fast return but maybe big loss

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5245436.0

Disposable surgical Face Mask with CE, FDA Approved for sell.
MMysterious

Activity: 972
Merit: 255

Bear season or just the beginning

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 03:13:26 AM

Welcome back to the wild crypto world buddy! Of course you need to diversify it. As much as possible try to make your trades with a fixed amount like 0.1 btc per trade. If you want to collect as much altcoins and have more trades try to take your capital earlier once you are satisfied with the gain and leave it alone to grow.

Nearly all people I meet expect bitcoin to reach at least $15,000 this year so leave at least 50% of your portfolio in it. There are also too many cheap promising coins right now due to bitcoin's constant rally. Altcoins I like are Power, Litecoin, EMC2 NAV, Verge, DGB and many more. And don't forget to DYOR.
YB777

Activity: 138

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 03:19:43 AM

Hello Guys , Kindly check out my steemit post for this ICO Review , u can decide for yourself whether if you want to invest Cheesy

The 1-st aggregator of crypto liquidity
Trade over 10,000 coin cross rates in one place
100% dividend distribution among token holders

https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@jeremy77/ico-stex-exchange-do-not-miss-out-on-this-https-stex-exchange-up-kew0v4pukjng

https://imgur.com/a/cYlni -> This picture is the estimated dividends that u will be getting  every month !!!!!
jorneyflair

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 03:42:42 AM

Always own at least 50% of your portfolio in BTC.

Then you can probably diversify the rest of your portfolio in altcoins and potentially other assets. I'd say that you should always research your own altcoins and not depend on suggestions, using cryptocompare or coingecko is a good start.

The point that i'm trying to get across is, never put your eggs in one basket. Sure, there could be a potentially larger payoff, but it's really not worth it.
wall101

Activity: 560

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 03:53:15 AM

I think it's better to bitcoin to put all the money you invest in because bitcoin is just the fast-to-grow up so much bitcoin is really worth the rest to earn a lot then trade to usd when you make a lot of bitcoin, for hours to decrease the price of bitcoin you buy again to increase your money 15k at you can earn much more.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: