Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:05:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Time\entrys based game.  (Read 1174 times)
Dradien (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 12:59:03 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2011, 02:19:06 PM by Dradien

EDIT: Going to make a new game and a new thread based on bitlotto's helpful and friendly advice.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitlotto

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

BitLotto - best odds + best payouts + cheat-proof

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2011, 01:13:38 PM

If you're gonna send multiple times, make sure they're from different addresses, so you have more chances to win.
Interesting. Problem though, is that people can't pick what address it comes from. They could be resending from the same address.

*Next Draw Feb 1*  BitLotto: monthly raffle (0.25 BTC per ticket) Completely transparent and impossible to manipulate who wins. TOR
TOR2WEB
Donations to: 1JQdiQsjhV2uJ4Y8HFtdqteJsZhv835a8J are appreciated.
Dradien (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 01:16:26 PM

Interesting. Problem though, is that people can't pick what address it comes from. They could be resending from the same address.

Yea, didn't think about that...my bad.  It's been removed from the OP.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
Is there a reason you're trying to get no one to do this?
bitlotto

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2011, 01:18:26 PM

Oh, and someone could create a script to generate a ton of addresses trying to find one that converts into a decimal they want then send with that one.

*Next Draw Feb 1*  BitLotto: monthly raffle (0.25 BTC per ticket) Completely transparent and impossible to manipulate who wins. TOR
TOR2WEB
bitlotto

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2011, 01:35:46 PM

Would you rather people accidentally lose money? Or someone cheat only to find out after? I'm trying to help. I want the bitcoin gambling scene to grow. I want more stuff to come. It's good for everyone. I try to help all the new ones and point out potential problems. That makes the scammers go away and the ones who really want to do something good stay around. If the gambling scene filled with scammers then no one would gamble. That is bad for me. It's in my interest to help others and have a thriving Bitcoin gambling community. Take no offense! If you don't want help that's ok, I'll leave you alone.

TOR2WEB
Dradien (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 01:38:07 PM

Would you rather people accidentally lose money? Or someone cheat only to find out after? I'm trying to help. I want the bitcoin gambling scene to grow. I want more stuff to come. It's good for everyone. I try to help all the new ones and point out potential problems. That makes the scammers go away and the ones who really want to do something good stay around. If the gambling scene filled with scammers then no one would gamble. That is bad for me. It's in my interest to help others and have a thriving Bitcoin gambling community. Take no offense! If you don't want help that's ok, I'll leave you alone.

Sorry for sounding kind of snippy, slight headache when I posted that, and no idea where it came from:(.  No offense taken, and again, sorry.  Since you do see potential problems with this, how would you go about fixing it?   I thought it was pretty air tight, but like you pointed out, it can be exploited:(.
bitlotto

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2011, 01:52:46 PM

Sorry for sounding kind of snippy, slight headache when I posted that, and no idea where it came from:(.  No offense taken, and again, sorry.  Since you do see potential problems with this, how would you go about fixing it?   I thought it was pretty air tight, but like you pointed out, it can be exploited:(.

That's fine. The problem is that you are basing the tickets off of something the user can manipulate. The address. Something better would be to use transaction hashes.
The other SMALL issue I can see is that if someone REALLY wanted they could re-broadcast till they get a tx hash that works better. It would be harder to do though...

How about.

Their tx hash -> decimal
Then once no one enters and time runs use the a block hash from the expiry time. -> decimal

Whoever has the smallest difference wins.
(come up with something where extra btc makes that difference smaller - perhaps (calculated diff)/(btc invested) - I don't know, something like that)

TOR2WEB
Dradien (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 01:54:32 PM

I'll rejigger this then for that, and post it later on today-since no one entered.  Thanks for the advice!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: