Bitcoin Forum
July 30, 2024, 03:18:41 PM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SBI international fund transfer  (Read 15487 times)
daserpent1

Activity: 435
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 04:31:46 AM

The  problem with money transfer  with banks  abroad is  a  huge  problem  for  normal people.
The  banks, especially the RBI makes  rules and  regulation  to curb  money  laundring, by  putting  such  measures, like  the  one   daserpent1 faced. 

This is the  problem  any  person  will face   when  trying  to send  money  from  any bank  outside  india. The  real funny thing  is that  i can  use a  cred  card on a  foreign site and  do a $500 purchase  but  i  can't wire  money out  worth $500 for a purchase  of  the  same  product.

However,  a  person  can  use  a  Hawala  to  send  as much  cash  abroad, without  any  restriction  but  when  using  a  bank they  have  to be interrogated  like a  criminal.

When a  person  wants  to  send  small amounts  the  banks  treat  them like   criminals.  but  when  you are a   multi millionaire the  banks will  send  people  to your  house  to  puck up  cash and  have  it  sent  to  Swiss banks without  any  questions  asked. 

The banks  are  the true  criminals,  and all they  do is  to  put down the  comma  man. The  faster  the  world  adopts  bitcoins  the  better  it  is  for  every one and   more  freedom  from   the  criminal banks.

Very true. As soon as a govt office ( police station, mtnl, banks) sees a young guy, in their mind they have already decided to NOT do whatever the guy is going to ask. I think all these 40-60 yr old people are so fed up of their own kids that they think all kids ( less than 30 yr old) are stupid and clueless.

I am sure if a rich guy in his 35-45 yr would have walked into the bank with the same forms that I had, he would be given tea, made to meet the manager directly and would get his work done in an hour.

I was harassased as if i was trying to fund some terrorist group.
crescendo

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 07:35:56 AM

This law is not beneficial to the Indians, If they want to more transfer than it creates a problem, and hence it seems to be useless law.
rohirrim

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 02:28:28 PM

I am afraid of FEMA  Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: