Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:39:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: VTX on Havelock rallying!  (Read 4948 times)
_mr_e (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 817
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 01:31:48 PM

Looks like it's finally broken out of the long triangle. CaVirtex should be getting ready to release their merchant API & partnerships soon as well as a shorting engine - I see them becoming a Canadian BitPay which will do wonders for these shares. I sold all my ASICminer to buy into VTX @ 0.5 because I see much more upside potential for such a well run company with shares on the cheap.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 01:39:33 PM

Looks like it's finally broken out of the long triangle. CaVirtex should be getting ready to release their merchant API & partnerships soon as well as a shorting engine - I see them becoming a Canadian BitPay which will do wonders for these shares. I sold all my ASICminer to buy into VTX @ 0.5 because I see much more upside potential for such a well run company with shares on the cheap.

Looks like a pump and dump to me.
nubbins
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 02:27:15 PM

Yeah, I lel'd when I saw the orderbook. I only wish I had put some shares for sale at 0.8, to get snapped up in the pump  Cry

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?
nubbins
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 02:32:08 PM

I see much more upside potential for such a well run company with shares on the cheap.

I am holding my coins so that I can keep my investment in VTX ... VTX should have some very big news about their new merchent API that should send the shares flying so double yay for me.

On the plus side, now has never been a better time to scoop up more cavirtex shares on http://havelockinvestments.com.

It seems to be a very well run exchange which is exactly why I purchased company shares over @ havelockinvestments.com. They have plans to create a shorting engine and pay dividends on the interest so that should be very interesting.

ThickAsThieves

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 02:32:42 PM

Yeah, I lel'd when I saw the orderbook. I only wish I had put some shares for sale at 0.8, to get snapped up in the pump  Cry

You can still sell at .6

Best way to squash a pump is to sell into it.
nubbins
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 02:34:33 PM

You can still sell at .6

Best way to squash a pump is to sell into it.

I think it'll get there eventually, just not yet. I'm holding  Smiley

_mr_e (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 03:31:14 PM

What about it is a pump and dump? Have you read the prospectus? Have you read anything Joseph has said about their merchant API? Have you not noticed CaVirtex is the only remaining canadian exchange, raking in a ton in fees, and seem to have their ducks in a very solid row? Laying the ground work for business in Canada is no easy task and if their plan is to become a Canadian BitPay then I fail to see how holding these shares is not going to pay off. Especially when they have a dividend announcement coming this quarter.

Not only that but I see cavirtex shares going up when the price of btc goes down since they are not a dividend stock that pays out in btc like mining shares. Buying VTX is sort of like selling btc. The cheaper the btc price the more shares you can buy... I look at it as a hedge against falling btc prices with tremendous upside potential.
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 03:33:45 PM

I see much more upside potential for such a well run company with shares on the cheap.

I am holding my coins so that I can keep my investment in VTX ... VTX should have some very big news about their new merchent API that should send the shares flying so double yay for me.

On the plus side, now has never been a better time to scoop up more cavirtex shares on http://havelockinvestments.com.

It seems to be a very well run exchange which is exactly why I purchased company shares over @ havelockinvestments.com. They have plans to create a shorting engine and pay dividends on the interest so that should be very interesting.

Precious, thank you.

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
_mr_e (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 03:36:34 PM

Precious, thank you.

Whatever, I truly believe everything I am saying here. The next big stock is not going to be another mining company. I have no plans to sell anytime soon.
ThickAsThieves

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 03:40:12 PM

What about it is a pump and dump? Have you read the prospectus? Have you read anything Joseph has said about their merchant API? Have you not noticed CaVirtex is the only remaining canadian exchange, raking in a ton in fees, and seem to have their ducks in a very solid row? Laying the ground work for business in Canada is no easy task and if their plan is to become a Canadian BitPay then I fail to see how holding these shares is not going to pay off.

Not only that but I see cavirtex shares going up when the price of btc goes down since they are not a dividend stock that pays out in btc like mining shares. Buying VTX is sort of like selling btc. The cheaper the btc price the more shares you can buy... I look at it as a hedge against falling btc prices with tremendous upside potential.

I read the prospectus before the IPO. I bought in and flipped my investment when the price doubled. You are late in that regard.

All exchanges carry risk of banks not wanting to deal with them, but in general I don't think VTX is a bad investment.

Your argument that VTX shares are a hedge against BTC/fiat value is wildly flawed, and not paying dividends doesn't help that in any way.
_mr_e (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 03:44:17 PM

What about it is a pump and dump? Have you read the prospectus? Have you read anything Joseph has said about their merchant API? Have you not noticed CaVirtex is the only remaining canadian exchange, raking in a ton in fees, and seem to have their ducks in a very solid row? Laying the ground work for business in Canada is no easy task and if their plan is to become a Canadian BitPay then I fail to see how holding these shares is not going to pay off.

I read the prospectus before the IPO. I bought in and flipped my investment when the price doubled. You are late in that regard.

All exchanges carry risk of banks not wanting to deal with them, but in general I don't think VTX is a bad investment.

Your argument that VTX shares are a hedge against BTC/fiat value is wildly flawed, and not paying dividends doesn't help that in any way.

When the price of btc lost it's value from $140 to now... If the shares were still at 0.5 I could buy twice the btc with the same money and therefore twice the shares... The share price has clearly adjusted to compensate. The value of the company is not directly tied to the value of btc like a mining funds payout is. I'm not sure how that is flawed.
ThickAsThieves

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 03:49:09 PM

When the price of btc lost it's value from $140 to now... If the shares were still at 0.5 I could buy twice the btc with the same money and therefore twice the shares... The share price has clearly adjusted to compensate. The value of the company is not directly tied to the value of btc like a mining funds payout is. I'm not sure how that is flawed.

It corrected all in one day? Interesting...
_mr_e (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 03:56:41 PM

Markets are irrational... I was most certainly not the person who bought all those shares recently if that's what you are inferring by pump and dump. I haven't paid over 0.5 for my shares and have been slowly gathering then since IPO waiting for their big announcement. Unfortunately I see far more upside than buying your shares for 4-4.5btc a piece right now.
nubbins
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 03:57:47 PM

It corrected over a 90 second period late last night, and then finished correcting over the course of five minutes, nine hours later.

clearly

Cool

adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2013, 09:23:49 PM

wow! its going to 1BTC  Shocked

ThickAsThieves

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 09:28:06 PM

wow! its going to 1BTC  Shocked

LOL  

Once people notice there are no asks, it will correct.
_mr_e (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 09:46:00 PM

I'm thinking there is some inside trading going on... The merchant API announcement must be imminent.
_mr_e (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 09:57:54 PM

Well don't ya know.... Virtex lowers their fees! I guess I'm not crazy;)

https://twitter.com/cavirtex
nubbins
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 10:08:53 PM

Well don't ya know.... Virtex lowers their fees! I guess I'm not crazy;)

https://twitter.com/cavirtex

You may still be crazy, but the fee reduction is great news. Low-volume traders now pay 1.5% instead of 3%!

ar9

Activity: 352
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 10:15:25 PM

Sold @ 0.5, happily.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: