Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 02:20:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: VTX on Havelock rallying!  (Read 4948 times)
Kosmatos

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 06:49:46 PM

On the flipside, I can guarantee you, if we were to "overhaul" the site as you suggest, posting forums would light up with complaints and criticisms. I've been down this road many times.

Well, I can understand this attitude, but the least they could do is hire a professional graphics artist to make them a decent logo. Craigslist, at least, didn't even TRY to have a logo.

ar9

Activity: 352
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 03:48:37 AM

Good e-mail there from VTX.

Really like this company.
Only security I continue to actually buy shares in these days.
log2exp

Activity: 176
Merit: 114

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 04:12:13 PM

Where is the VTX price being published? Havelock no longer showing VTX symbol.
Ties42

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 07:12:19 PM

I think this answers your question: http://blog.cavirtex.com/virtex-de-listing-questions
log2exp

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 04:37:15 PM

I think this answers your question: http://blog.cavirtex.com/virtex-de-listing-questions

Thanks for the link, I'm aware of that de-listing activity. But what about the market valuation on the shares? Any shareholders trying to sell their shares?
_mr_e (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 817
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 04:43:19 PM

Thanks for the link, I'm aware of that de-listing activity. But what about the market valuation on the shares? Any shareholders trying to sell their shares?

You can't sell any shares.
_mr_e (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 02:13:29 PM

So has anyone read the share registration document yet? What is with that clause stating you have to be an accredited investor? I, and I doubt many others, meet any of the listed rules to be considered an accredited investor,  which includes things like being a millionaire. I cannot sign the contract in its current form. What are we supposed to do now?

I'm starting to feel like we've been duped after all. This requirement was never mentioned once anywhere! I'm back to being extremely worried again and somebody needs to address this ASAP.
Sledge

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 02:35:05 PM

Just put an X on the one with the $1,000,000 requirement, scan the documents, send them, and don't worry about it. By "accredited" they really mean "responsible and informed about risks of investments". This is to cover Virtex' ass and can/will never be verified. It's the same thing with banks and investment accounts. You sign a the dotted line that you understand the risks and they can rest easy afterwards knowing the regulators won't tell them they didn't do due dilligence to check if the investor was ready for such an investment. Just think, you are a bitcoin investor, your (possibly few) bitcoins alone are proof enough (and hell, someday going to be worth millions) that you understand the risks.

The short of it is most likely that you just sign your initials on the $1M line, don't talk to Virtex about it (because they can't say "just do it" it would be counter productive), and enjoy your BTC dividends, or payout if Virtex gets bought out, or they wish to buy back your shares.

Live long, and prosper.
gog1

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 07:01:43 PM

Anyone willing to kindly share what's going on now with VTX?
_mr_e (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 07:21:02 PM

I've been told that this was some sort of a typo and that we do not need to be accredited and that a new document will be coming out. That's a pretty big typo that's for sure, especially considering how long it took their lawyers to prepare this.
gog1

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 07:37:03 PM

they do not allow private trading of shares?  did they provide any updates on their business plan or financials?
_mr_e (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 09:17:31 PM

I have spoken directly to the CEO Joseph David about this issue and he has informed me that they have been extremely busy dealing with a number of emergencies around getting the new data centres up and running.
This clause in the contract is a MISTAKE and you do NOT need to be an accredited investor. You simply need to leave the Appendix A completely blank, do NOT initial any of the accredited fields and send in your forms. You will then receive an official digital copy of your shares which at that moment means you are the owner of them.
ar9

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 02:07:44 AM

Happy as hell I sold out of this sham @ half of what I bought into it with.
If you see my post above, I was a huge advocate of this company until they duped their all their shareholders.

**** off CaVirtex.  This is one Canadian you'll never see one dime from.
log2exp

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 03:18:17 AM

If you see my post above, I was a huge advocate of this company until they duped their all their shareholders.

**** off CaVirtex.  This is one Canadian you'll never see one dime from.

What happened?
ar9

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 04:30:24 AM

**** off CaVirtex.  This is one Canadian you'll never see one dime from.

What happened?

Collect our BTC.
Hold it and do whatever they want with it.
Promise "dividends"
State in December that the first dividend will be "worth it"
Declare delisting, share values plummet, and anyone who doesn't want Bitcoin investments attached to their legal entity is now ****ed.

They dangled the carrot as long as they could, now they're laughing.

They haven't even touched $100,000 in profits this year, yet the shareholders have given them over $1,000,000 (assuming they held a majority of their BTC) for "10%" of the company.

**** them.
gog1

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 04:47:22 AM

**** off CaVirtex.  This is one Canadian you'll never see one dime from.

What happened?

Collect our BTC.
Hold it and do whatever they want with it.
Promise "dividends"
State in December that the first dividend will be "worth it"
Declare delisting, share values plummet, and anyone who doesn't want Bitcoin investments attached to their legal entity is now ****ed.

They dangled the carrot as long as they could, now they're laughing.

They haven't even touched $100,000 in profits this year, yet the shareholders have given them over $1,000,000 (assuming they held a majority of their BTC) for "10%" of the company.

**** them.

Did they give financial updates?  Way better than 796.com though.
log2exp

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 05:02:42 AM

Are they asking for the legal contact information now, such as name, address? Or it's still anonymous? Any financial statement? Projected dividend?
nubbins
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 05:52:51 AM

Yeah, they fucked their shareholders raw. Pretty surprised that Havelock let them delist the way they did -- shame on them as well.

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?
NanoAkron

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 12:28:51 PM

Has anyone considered legal action? Just because it's 'bitcoin', doesn't mean usual laws about contracts don't apply.
MPOE-PR

Merit: 522

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 02:14:17 PM

Has anyone considered legal action? Just because it's 'bitcoin', doesn't mean usual laws about contracts don't apply.

Somehow, when people realize they've been fleeced, the common reaction is to start imagining legal drama and restitutions. The actually prudent, actually effective, and indeed the only proper response here is to start being responsible. Otherwise it just keeps happening again and again, while people find new external entities to blame for their own ignorance and laziness.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: