Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:43:24 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hold Bitcoins or buy Altcoins with it  (Read 2768 times)
xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:37:12 AM

It is better to have BTC now as the value is going to increase more. Altcoins price don't really move, so they are going to be very cheap compare to BTC.
ObroQ

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:47:41 AM

Well, either hold your Bitcoins or invest some of the in some altcoins but don't sell all your Bitcoins. Bitcoins is the safer investment but you can try some altcoins too.
Julia_KA

Activity: 96
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:54:17 AM

Should I hold Bitcoins Or should I buy Altcoins with it.
And Why ?

What's your take on it ?

I like to diversify. I think it’s good to hold Bitcoins and maybe most of your money should be in Bitcoins, but I like to keep about 5 other coins. I prefer altcoins in or near the top ten in market cap because most of these will last for a long time.

This is my philosophy because it’s possible that ETH or other altcoins will out perform Bitcoin. There could even be one that breaks out for a huge profit. You should do your own research to decide which color be you like best.

I agree. Even though bitcoin is crypto, when we are talking about investment the same rules of CAPM (Capital Asset Pricing Model) apply. The idea is to diversify in order to remove specific (unsystematic) risk. Then your portfolio is only subject to systematic risk. Holding only bitcoin is amazing when it is growing so fast, but it will be as miserable if it starts falling.
liivii

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:22:50 AM

Split your bitcoin or make 70/30 in favor of holding bitcoins, by that way you take the risk of buying a possible alt coins while maintaining your bitcoins. Don't put all your money for alt coins because when some bad luck comes you'll definitely regret the decision you've made and you'll start from scratch with nothing left of your wallet, holding some bitcoins will provide you a good foundation for the future. And when the alt coin you buy rise and become a successful coin in the next years the money that you put there can double or triple.
Vit83

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 07:01:29 AM

Alts I would take now only for short-term and only for a bounce from ATL, they are falling in BTC price after every BTC movement in any direction. I lost a lot of BTC on hodling alts. Now their are cheaper even more when I sold them.

smith136

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:15:21 AM

And Why ?

What's your take on it ?
Both are good, but if you want a bigger income go for alts. Alts can be a hedging instrument against bitcoin, if its growth is bigger than bitcoin during a span of time and when you trade it for bitcoins it can give you more bitcoins and bitcoins itself has a gaining potential, it's like earning in 2 process while the bitcoin alone does give you a gain through its appreciation of value.

aannnttoo

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 08:57:44 AM

At this moment i think hold bitcoin is better, for short and long term.
For me 60% bitcoin, 20% fiat, and 20% altcoin
gtsmmst

Activity: 226
Merit: 28

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 10:06:57 AM

I prefer buy altcoins because it is much faster currency I dont have bitcoins, almost all my money is at altcoins. What will be when everyone buy all bitcoins and hold it? Huh

=====
Premium Blockchain, Cryptocurrency and Ethereum (ENS) Domains for sale -  https://t.co/lEOYVQlC2Y
=====
ElCoinquistador

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 10:24:30 AM

I think BTC is the most stable currency with the ETH, if you need to invest money.
Alcoins aren't stable, especially if they are feeling, you can't predict their stock exchange.
albio87

Activity: 252
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 10:34:53 AM

today it's a bet, if BTC continue his bull run will squeeze the majority of alts.
At the same time if you are able (and fortunate) to pick the bottom of the right coin/token it will give you back more gains. you can try to do that, waiting for a bottom bounce, pick a coin an setting stop losses, so if the coin will rintrace, you still have the initial amount of BTC
jakezyrus

Activity: 714

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 10:51:28 AM

I prefer buy altcoins because it is much faster currency I dont have bitcoins, almost all my money is at altcoins. What will be when everyone buy all bitcoins and hold it? Huh

can you elaborate more on what your trying to say? faster in the means of what? well if its in terms of price then bitcoin is much faster rather than altcoins but if it is in transactions then some alts can be more faster when compared to bitcoins.

What will be when everyone buy all bitcoins and hold it? Huh

if everyone will buy bitcoins then the bitcoins value will increase and  pump even more because of the more demand that it gets from the  public.

I think BTC is the most stable currency with the ETH, if you need to invest money.
Alcoins aren't stable, especially if they are feeling, you can't predict their stock exchange.

holy moly dude, bitcoin is not  the most stable currency because it is a highly volatile coin therefore its value can easily fluctuate oftenly  from time to time but altcoin are the real ones who is much stable and alts can be easily predicted but not the bitcoin.
justdimin

Activity: 3038
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 06:49:32 AM

Hold bitcoin as your long investment, and buy the altcoin for your short investment, it's easy to use when you hold bitcoin even you're not always on your PC
Bitcoin is the easy one when you wanna start invest on it.
You necessarily do not need to buy altcoin for short investment. The truth is that year in and year out, some coins will always keep doing well and then we will end up seeing them be usable since they have a product.

All the above, this does not mean that some of them will end up in the drain as not all companies are meant to survive anyway, but I have been holding some coins for a while now and they are doing great, at least better than when I bought them, until I decide to sell.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
altbeer

Activity: 74

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 07:08:06 AM

both are just fine to hold the case just another variation they two,
   there is ineffective in use. it's pretty long lasting bitcoinit's good to hold bitcoin because it's worth the price then it's worth it,
    if you're buy right now because it's great value it's hard to hold even 1bitcoin
FooliNgNooBs

Activity: 30

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 07:09:53 AM

Hold a half and invest another half in Ether, Litecoin currenly has a bumped price and investing at this particular moment will probably
make a lose, unless you a a pro trader.
lifengpu

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 07:45:58 AM

I did so sold most of the altcoins and the cyprus on them bitcoin and you know I got a lot more in such a short time that I'm thinking of translating all the remaining altcoins
wagi

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 07:48:51 AM

It depend on trader style. I mean if trader long term just hold bitcoin to get profit in long term.
If the trader short term, sell bitcoin now and buy some different altcoin to get short profit.
BariaczRoni

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 08:43:04 AM

It depend on trader style. I mean if trader long term just hold bitcoin to get profit in long term.
If the trader short term, sell bitcoin now and buy some different altcoin to get short profit.
Yeah right, but hold only bitcoin is little risky for long term. I suggest to hold Neo, Eth, Btc for long term.  Cheesy
btcney

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 09:21:43 AM

And Why ?

What's your take on it ?

Goes without saying but it really depends on the situation. If bitcoin is getting absolutely pumped right now and altcoins are plumetting as a result then that means you should probably move some of your bitcoin to altcoin.

Vice versa, if altcoins are getting pumped big time and bitcoin is going down, then it is probably a good idea to accumulate some bitcoin as well just in case altcoins does crash in the event of bitcoin going up.

There is no one static answer, it is constantly changing. Right now i would recommend getting BTC instead of alts.
SonyZ3+

Activity: 630
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 09:33:52 AM

I suggest you buy waves.Because I hope waves is a good coin.waves project is very strong.They make better exchange site.many ICOs use waves platform.
bboyjohn

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 09:59:56 AM

I think so its time to hold altcoins. The price of bitcoin is already high.
I do not think that will go more high Smiley

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: