Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:19:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hold Bitcoins or buy Altcoins with it  (Read 2768 times)
rysea2

Activity: 407
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:02:12 PM

Should I hold Bitcoins Or should I buy Altcoins with it.
And Why ?

What's your take on it ?
it is an option you should choose yourself, because it will determine your future. but if I may advise to trade with btc you have and buy altcoins.

zulkarnaen

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 01:05:34 PM

I think it would be better to invest in both because either Bitcoin or Altcoin now have the same progress to grow and develop in the future and it seems that both investment with 50% each is wise enough.
caeles

Activity: 304
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 01:48:59 PM

For me, it is better to hold bitcoin rather than buying altcoins because bitcoin is 100% profitable and safe compared to most of altcoins which are not safe and profitable. If you already had a bitcoin, do not trade it to altcoins, you already had the most powerful cryptocurrency so why are you going to trade it to its subordinates. Bitcoin can live by itself, compared to other altcoins which depends on btc or eth. I think you can buy altcoins using your fiat not your bitcoin because it is better to lose fiat than bitcoin.

f150

Activity: 606
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 02:05:21 PM

And Why ?

What's your take on it ?
What if you take both, because I think both are very good. You can while holding bitcoin and buy a little altcoin from the bitcoin you have, and you can freely use the altcoin you buy. because altcoin is an alternative way to get bitcoin
Valuyet

Activity: 168
Merit: 29

Digital Wealth Management Platform

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 02:23:45 PM

For me I choose to hold my coins because I want to get more profit next year. I have some coins that has a very good price and I'm expecting good profit from them by the end of 2018.

Valuyet

Activity: 168
Merit: 29

Digital Wealth Management Platform

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 02:27:21 PM

And Why ?

What's your take on it ?
What if you take both, because I think both are very good. You can while holding bitcoin and buy a little altcoin from the bitcoin you have, and you can freely use the altcoin you buy. because altcoin is an alternative way to get bitcoin

I agree with the idea to do both if you have enough money to invest another Altcoins but if you only have to choose only one option that would be holding your coins if the best option as I did.

Trimegistus
Legendary

Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 05:23:37 PM

And Why ?

What's your take on it ?

Holding coins is just for the experienced, patient investor who won't panic at drop and won't sell at any rise.

If you have this kind of attitude towards crypto, them create a diverse portfolio including BTC, a few top 20 coins and a few top 100-200 coins.

Then relax and carry on with your life without stressing about the hype or the end of the world announcements.

xPPx

Activity: 531
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 07:47:26 PM

Take 5-10% of your BTC, read a BUNCH of whitepapers, and invest evenly over the 10 best alts under $1. Good luck!
SUPERSAIAN
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1257

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 08:45:32 PM

I always hold some Bitcoin even if it's small amount but I hold it for very long term.
I use most of my money by buying altcoins. When I make a profit I sell that altcoin and look for another one. If you make this rotation you can make money. If you buy a coin and wait all the time you can't take profit.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
drpixou

Activity: 53
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 08:46:20 PM

And Why ?

What's your take on it ?

Luckly I turned my BTC to Litecoin at 15.5K worth, you should earn by it's fluctation and buy em back.
kumara

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 12:34:18 AM

And Why ?

What's your take on it ?

Always wise to diversify. Buy alts, BTC. Buy real gold too. Throughout history gold has been a store for value. Gold is getting cheaper too, thanks to crypto.
Rooster101

Activity: 826
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 02:49:52 AM

Almost all cryptocurrencies are in correction including bitcoin.Some traders are expecting altcoins to rise while the bitcoin is down but it did not happen as many altcoins also followed bitcoin downtrend. Altcoins are good to buy now but you should select the altcoin that has the growth potential in 2018 and continue to hold your remaining bitcoins.
MaxGiant57001

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 09:38:03 AM

Bitcoin is likely the most stable coin in the near future. That means you can use it to limit your risk when investing to cryptocurrencies, for example putting half to BTC and the other half to a variety of altcoins. With altcoins you will have a bigger risk along with a potential for a bigger reward.
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 01:31:45 AM

I think it would be better to invest in both because either Bitcoin or Altcoin now have the same progress to grow and develop in the future and it seems that both investment with 50% each is wise enough.

Bitcoin or Altcoin now have the same progress to grow and develop in the future
no, they arent have the same progress. bitcoin has a rapid growth while altcoins had a much slower improvements.

seems that both investment with 50% each is wise enough
it is wiser if you could just put 75% on bitcoins and 25% on the altcoins for a much better gains because bitcoins tends to deliver faster results in just a shorter time though it is also suitable for long term investments. altcoins on the other hand are best used for active trading because most of them are pretty stable.

overall id suggest is to hold bitcoins as an investment and buy altcoins for  trading and long term hodling.
onetwostep

Activity: 658
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 08:27:46 AM

After the fork rumor, the price of bitcoin has risen. Altcoin prices have fallen again.
The markets are quite complicated. I think investing in altcoins may be a better choice at the moment

lamacchia

Activity: 342
Merit: 4

LUCRETOKEN.COM

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 09:09:02 AM

better buy altcoin just because it has many types and the resulting profits certainly bigger altcoin compared bitcoin if in my opinion. because altcoin is now also getting high and start riding as well as bitcoin.

LUCRETOKEN.com ▬ DON'T HODL; TRADE!
BITCOIN & CRYPTO CURRENCY ALGORITHMIC TRADING & SIGNAL SERVICE
beebee187

Activity: 256

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 05:19:57 PM

I would always suggest keeping bitcoin in your portfolio. With that being said, having some altcoins in the portfolio does give you a chance for fairly rapid growth potential. So maybe a mix of both, some bitcoin and some altcoin.

krankNL

Activity: 225

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 06:10:52 PM

I would always suggest keeping bitcoin in your portfolio. With that being said, having some altcoins in the portfolio does give you a chance for fairly rapid growth potential. So maybe a mix of both, some bitcoin and some altcoin.

I divide it into two, one part includes bitcoin, and the other part includes altcoins. This way, I reach a balance for my coins. I don't miss price pumps and opportunities by the way.
LordShanken

Activity: 1112
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 07:30:33 PM

And Why ?

What's your take on it ?

The best option is hold some bitcoin and buy alts. You can hold btc long time but if you will be need some money you will be can sell alts and still waiting when bitcoin will be more expensive to sell
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1344

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 09:50:47 PM

And Why ?

What's your take on it ?
You give to us not knowledge about your current situation, are you only holding bitcoin? Because if that is the case then you need to diversify and get some altcoins, even if you only get some of the most known altcoins that is still better than nothing, however if you got a lot of altcoins and you only have a small amount of bitcoin then it may be a good idea to keep the bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: