Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 07:21:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Thoughts on Polymath ICO???  (Read 2559 times)
cvan

Activity: 125
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 10:06:19 PM

Polymath canceled its ICO and decided to give airdrops of 250 poly tokens to its whitelist applicants.

If I had not gotten the airdrop I would have invested a good portion of my portfolio into this tokens but I still see myself doing that because POLY just got listed on binance and when tokens get listed on big exchanges the value always rises and I believe it will too.

Overall I think It is a good project, although this is my personal opinion and not an investment advice.
Please do your own research.

IMO cancelling ICO and spread token via airdrop was very smart from Polymath team. So they have reached a lot of people and built a great community. There is an official telegram group where people talking about polymath? I can find "polymath news" only..

I'm part of their group. Here's the link: https://t.me/polymathnetwork

Oh, thank U very much. I am not sure why, but it seems i am banned of this group...  Huh Roll Eyes

Odd....people were getting banned for FUD. Try messaging admin? I know Graeme is in there. username is @graememoore
they also have an announcements channel too: https://t.me/polymathnews

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OriginTrain

Activity: 406
Merit: 174

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 03:49:17 PM

Very interesting discussion, especially on the first page. At the end of the day this project just feels too centralized to utilize the benefits of blockchain, and as another poster stated, it may as well just be centralized to begin with.

Here in my opinion would be an ideal project -

ICOs, instead of issuing utility tokens, would issue tokens that hold an equity share in the company - these tokens will be forced to distribute real profit of the project company, and confer real voting rights and potential ownership changes. Now, to make this applicable to blockchain, all of this should be dencentralized, not centralized. And furthermore, the equity nature of the tokens must be enforceable in a decentralized manner. We can use any platform like Ethereum. Now here is how it would work: All issued security tokens (let's call them "ST-20" tokens for simplicity) would be on this platform. Now, the project launching the ICO's parent company's bylaws and constitution would specifically state that the ST-20 tokens are to be classified as shares. The company must be incorporated in an offshore jurisdiction, not the United States, that would respect such a unique contract and also avoid the regulatory bottleneck in countries such as the US that don't allow such open and free contracts.

Now, since it's specifically stated within the company's bylaws that ST-20 token holders are the shareholders, and the blockchain that stores the ST-20 tokens would be decentralized, there is in essence nothing the company or anyone else could do (not even the ST-20 blockchain) that could prevent this. In essence, we'd have perfectly decentralized security tokens ownership.

I look forward to a platform that may achieve this.

STATIK

Activity: 162
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:55:11 AM

Ask the "wrong" questions they do not like and get banned, what a good way to channel your bs... there is no discord people share information to stay informed and educated not to be told what to take away from a group. I've seen it as well and left their group sent 2000 of their tokens off to the dump, don't want to be a part of support for Polymath any longer
ciappa

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 06:38:41 PM

Polymath canceled its ICO and decided to give airdrops of 250 poly tokens to its whitelist applicants.

If I had not gotten the airdrop I would have invested a good portion of my portfolio into this tokens but I still see myself doing that because POLY just got listed on binance and when tokens get listed on big exchanges the value always rises and I believe it will too.

Overall I think It is a good project, although this is my personal opinion and not an investment advice.

IMO cancelling ICO and spread token via airdrop was very smart from Polymath team. So they have reached a lot of people and built a great community. There is an official telegram group where people talking about polymath? I can find "polymath news" only..

Oh, thank U very much. I am not sure why, but it seems i am banned of this group...  Huh Roll Eyes

Odd....people were getting banned for FUD. Try messaging admin? I know Graeme is in there. username is @graememoore
they also have an announcements channel too: https://t.me/polymathnews

This seems really strange to me. I have messaged now to @graememoore, maybe he can tell me why i am banned. Anyway, thank u for helping  Wink

███
  ███

█████
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█████

███
  ███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██ ▀███▀  ▀█
██        ▀█
██▄       ██
█▀█▄     ███
██▄▄▄▄▄█████

██████▀▀▀███
█████  ▄▄███
████    ████
█████  █████
█████▄▄█████
Whitepaper
Announcement
Bounty
  ███
  ███

█████
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█████

███
  ███
  ███
  ███

█████
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█████

███
  ███

▄▄
                  ▄▄████
              ▄▄████████
          ▄▄███████▀████
      ▄▄█████████▀ █████
  ▄▄███████████▀ ▄██████
█████████████▀  ████████
   ▀▀██████▀  ▄█████████
       ▀▀▀  ▄███████████
           ▄████████████
           █████████████
           ████▀  ▀▀████
           ██▀       ▀██
Mankov

Activity: 425
Merit: 7

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:55:01 PM

Security is a big business and we need much more of it in the cryptomarket. Polymath can make the crypto-market much safer and if the investors of an ICO know, that it is backed by Polymath, then more investors would very likely participate on an ICO, because it is much safer. With Polymath, scammers and hackers should have no chance to run away with the money.

But it seems, that Polymath has much more to offer than many can imagine. It`s a little difficult to understand all their usecases, but I have the feeling that Polymath is going to be very huge.
wattcrypto

Activity: 247
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 01:33:37 AM

Security is a big business and we need much more of it in the cryptomarket. Polymath can make the crypto-market much safer and if the investors of an ICO know, that it is backed by Polymath, then more investors would very likely participate on an ICO, because it is much safer. With Polymath, scammers and hackers should have no chance to run away with the money.

But it seems, that Polymath has much more to offer than many can imagine. It`s a little difficult to understand all their usecases, but I have the feeling that Polymath is going to be very huge.

Couldn't be truer. Although they didn't have an ICO, right now is the perfect time to get in.
sedahan13

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 01:39:48 AM

I just heard about this project, and from some review they want to solve regulation issue in ICO and also their platform will allowing investor from USA to join STO/ Security Token Offering with KYC and regulation procedure.

│▌██████           C O M P R O   F I N A N C E           ██████▐│
The DeFi Way of Synthetic Assets & Trading
│   TELEGRAM   │    TWITTER    │     REDDIT     │    MEDIUM    │
olumyd

Activity: 658
Merit: 117

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 04:03:55 AM

It would have been nice if this project considers doing a TGE, it would attract a lot of investors who want to break the barrier into financial inclusion.
Psynthax

Activity: 2282
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 04:30:06 AM

I just heard about this project, and from some review they want to solve regulation issue in ICO and also their platform will allowing investor from USA to join STO/ Security Token Offering with KYC and regulation procedure.
The possible thing if polymath will against SEC. But if the polymath will try to make a platform for only security token and it may be a difficult thing to do. How a lot of instruments from the government to avoid token as security to the investors.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
impulse709

Activity: 597
Merit: 147

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 04:57:44 AM

They turn to private group for few hours, you can retry now. I am pretty sure they not banned legal member.
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 05:01:41 AM

Heard about polymath recently. Apparently they are a one stop shop platform for securities token projects. Based on their site and doing some research, this is what I've deducted from their project:

-Connect issuers to investors
-Easy for non-technical issuers to launch security tokens
-Strong team and great list of advisors including 2 ethereum co-founders
-A network of KYC/AML verified users to transact securities globally
-Complies with regulations
-KYC baked into protocol
-Liquidity Support
-Application layer
-Legal support
-No technical skills required

Here's their deck: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1riV0ARjpGbYdaP2RetaXQkeiy4PaDDt0mN87zImLGCQ/edit#slide=id.g2a9a3733a2_167_325

site: https://polymath.network/

What does everyone think? I see this as a viable project.

their ICO is BS they clam to sell seciurities but in WP they are tring to outsource it to exchange..
Same time if you ask any exchange the if it will sell such seciurities NOONE WILL get them to have legal problems so this is BS and money grab.
Next big buzz ICO that have not much sense to me but hype will create some pump.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
Kemileye

Activity: 573
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 05:11:25 AM

Although polymath didn't later do ICO and resulted to airdropping of 10 million tokens with a whooping 239 million tokens in circulation, then it simply means that the so called dev came to dump the rest in market.

Oikos.cash      Decentralized Finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
     github  ◥ telegram   ◥ twitter   ◥ discord            synthetic asset trading  
                             ❱❱❱   JOIN OIKOS   ❰❰❰                     trustless token exchange  
Ertetert

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 11:45:22 AM

Polymath is a strictly worse version of Orderbook. The latter is Ambisafe's decentralized exchange and ICO platform.

-Orderbook actually holds patent for regulated token technology https://www.newsbtc.com/press-releases/orderbook-announces-one-kind-regulation-aware-protocol-tokenized-securities/
-Orderbook has the best tool set for enabling compliance. They have implemented KYC/AML, Accredited Investor Status check and DocuSign electronic signature. Also they have license for trading bitcoin, ethereum and USD in 50 states.
-Orderbook is now in process of acquiring SEC licenses for public securities offerings and private securities offering.
-Orderbook is actually working decentralized exchange and ICO platform and they have done couple of dozens of ICO's.

They also have a private SAFT round. You could try your luck writing to their telegram support channel or sending them email. They are quite responsive.

dhiraj0977

Activity: 518
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 12:45:17 PM

Good projection and successful ICO, which went very well.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
seek4dream

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 12:47:24 PM

Although polymath didn't later do ICO and resulted to airdropping of 10 million tokens with a whooping 239 million tokens in circulation, then it simply means that the so called dev came to dump the rest in market.
Yes, that is what happened since the airdrop.
Apparently, the market's response is quite well. Polymath is among TOP100 now.
Arje17

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 09:08:20 AM

Couldn't be truer. Although they didn't have an ICO, right now is the perfect time to get in.

Amidst the rising hype of security tokens, Polymath Network is known as the most unique and promising blockchain projects. Polymath wants to be the one stop shop for securities tokens on the blockchain and now added in Faast, the fastest way to build your crypto portfolio.

https://medium.com/faast/is-polymath-poly-your-ticket-to-the-10-trillion-security-token-revolution-ddab56926874
iwah

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

TREEBLOCK.io

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 10:03:07 PM

For sure ploymath is a good project, it's the first platform to offer security tokens and i think once they can issue first security token on their platform and everything went fine other people will come on board and it will make the value to grow, I have their token and I plan holding it for a long term.

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
bebinonaa

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 08:01:00 AM

Individuals truly gave away their personalities to offer it and procure like what $20, $30 perhaps? That is extremely moronic. I got my tokens as well yet truly have no knowledge into the entire thing yet. To begin with observed the promotion in etherscan, at that point joined the airdrop. I saw that the supply is 1 billion (or perhaps 10, dont recall) and 75% is held in one wallet, millions in different wallets and 250 for each kyc members. A great deal of these new companies are abruptly showing up now and every one of these terms including security and all are jackshit truly and I ponder where this thing goes or what they intend to do.
win365

Activity: 176

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 11:29:16 AM

The only thing that I don't like in this cake it is a kyc procedure, but anyway if it is mandatory which I can understand because of the law system, in my opinion Polymath would be really worth it.

❍  buglab ❍     ▬▬[  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ]▬▬ ❍  buglab ❍
████   Cybersecurity Penetration Testing    ████   
▄▄▄  on the Ethereum Blockchain   ▄▄▄
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: