Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:48:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinBase is cancelling my orders  (Read 303 times)
lezawang (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 12:43:35 AM
Last edit: December 03, 2017, 01:42:57 AM by lezawang

Hi
I want to buy bitcoin from CoinBase. I followed the steps here

https://www.c[Suspicious link removed]m/2017/06/24/how-to-buy-bitcoin-ethereum.html

(How to buy Bitcoin in seconds from your smartphone - by CNBC)

and created an account and verified my account etc. Then for more than a week, I try to buy bit coin and everything goes well but then BaseCoin send me an email to say the order has been cancelled. I tried to contact them but no luck.

My questions:
1) as per the above link, I do not need to do anything else rather than creating an account. Is that the case?
2) I heard here or searching the internet I heard something like "coin wallet" or hardware wallet. Do I need to create one so I can buy bitcoins?
3) I live in Canada. Do you know other good and trusted side to buy bitcoin rather than basecoin since I failed to buy so far

your help would be very much appreciated.

PS: sorry I meant coinbase
BitCoinKeeper

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 01:39:47 AM
Last edit: December 03, 2017, 02:03:29 AM by BitCoinKeeper

Perhaps you are referring to Coinbase ? In this forum the first rule is know whom you’re referring about.

I’m not familiar with a Basecoin Exchange, but the are so many exchanges I may be wrong.

If you are referring to Coinbase, go back retrace your steps. With that said Coinbase is notorious for cancelling orders.

How are you attempting to Purchase, Credit Card, Bank Account ?
lezawang (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 01:42:29 AM

Sorry you are right, I meant Coinbase.com. Thanks
dzkazmi

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 02:05:06 AM

Probably you are using cvredit card, I hear coinbase usually cancel credit card transactions. I dont know if its real or just a fud.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
BitCoinKeeper

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 02:05:30 AM

Credit Card, Debit Card...Bank Draft ?  Not sure of the Canadian rules with Coinbase !

I use Coinbase, and I use my Bank Debit Card. Have you Authenticated your Band account with Coinbase?
Hanablue

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 02:16:50 AM

I never have any problems with Coinbase. Wonder why you are having troubles wit them. Check your local law or ask coinbase support.
lezawang (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 02:45:11 AM

Thanks for your reply. How do I authenticated my back account with coinbase?
Yes I used my visa when I registered and opened my acct. Coinbase sent me 2 transactions to verify my account. They asked me to enter the amount of the transactions and I did and that was part of my account verification. Thanks once again.

Credit Card, Debit Card...Bank Draft ?  Not sure of the Canadian rules with Coinbase !

I use Coinbase, and I use my Bank Debit Card. Have you Authenticated your Band account with Coinbase?
Blinken

Activity: 338
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 02:53:13 AM

Do not use coinbase.

Bitcoin ♦♦♦ Trust in Mathematics, Not Bankers ♦♦♦
BitCoinKeeper

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 02:56:48 AM

Yes I used my visa when I registered and opened my acct. Coinbase sent me 2 transactions to verify my account. They asked me to enter the amount of the transactions and I did and that was part of my account verification. Thanks once again.

The Two transactions were something like $0.03 and $0.07 from your bank account, next they will sent to your bank account something like $1.04 and $1.06 cents. If you have not accomplished these steps your bank account IS NOT, authenticated. You will have to wait on Coinbase to for full Authentication. If you were using your credit card issued from your bank, you are not authenticate yet. If your Credit Card was issued from someone other than your bank like a Chase Card, or a Capitol #1 Card, there is another problem, perhaps a Fraud Protection Flag, log into those card websites and verify they didn’t flag you.

I may have the amounts into and out of your account reversed, as it has been a long time since I went through all that stuff, but it goes something like what I explained.
BitCoinKeeper

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 02:59:46 AM

Do not use coinbase.

^^^THIS ^^^ even though I do, until I get what’s coming to me, on Jan, 1st. 2018

There are a lot of other Exchanges ....However their reviews are just as horrendous as Coinwaste.
lezawang (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 03:09:09 AM

Thanks for your reply, what is the alternative?

Do not use coinbase.
lezawang (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 03:16:58 AM

I have Visa Card with Royal Bank but I do not have Royal Bank acct. I deleted my saving account with them and kept my Visa. I have been using the Visa to buy stuff online etc no problem. Coinbase sent me 2 transactions one is 1.25 and 1.39 (I do not recall exact amount but something like that). So I used them to verify my coinbase acct on their website. So I expected that I would be able to make a purchase but no that is not the case!!

The Two transactions were something like $0.03 and $0.07 from your bank account, next they will sent to your bank account something like $1.04 and $1.06 cents. If you have not accomplished these steps your bank account IS NOT, authenticated. You will have to wait on Coinbase to for full Authentication. If you were using your credit card issued from your bank, you are not authenticate yet. If your Credit Card was issued from someone other than your bank like a Chase Card, or a Capitol #1 Card, there is another problem, perhaps a Fraud Protection Flag, log into those card websites and verify they didn’t flag you.

I may have the amounts into and out of your account reversed, as it has been a long time since I went through all that stuff, but it goes something like what I explained.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: