Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:35:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Placing Bets With Bitcoin  (Read 281 times)
deedan19 (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 01:10:39 AM

Do you thing it is feasible to use Bitcoin to place bets compared to the system of using local currency or the USD. Some betting websites have been very flexible in using Bitcoin as the currency of placing Bets.

What I never liked is, if the actual stake was $5 (for example). And the winning amount was $43. The amount of Bitcoin worth will be paid instead of the calculated number of Satoshi. That is usually when the price of BTC drop.

Let's do some maths.
Odd=2.5
BTC stake 10,000 Satoshi
Returns: 25,000 Satoshi

Instead of 25000 Satoshi as returns, the player might get less than the winnings because the rewards will not be calculated based on the amount staked.

However, some people are convenient with the whole thing.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
player514
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 01:27:49 AM

Do you thing it is feasible to use Bitcoin to place bets compared to the system of using local currency or the USD. Some betting websites have been very flexible in using Bitcoin as the currency of placing Bets.

What I never liked is, if the actual stake was $5 (for example). And the winning amount was $43. The amount of Bitcoin worth will be paid instead of the calculated number of Satoshi. That is usually when the price of BTC drop.

Let's do some maths.
Odd=2.5
BTC stake 10,000 Satoshi

Instead of 25000 Satoshi as returns, the player might get less than the winnings because the rewards will not be calculated based on the amount staked.

Could you clarify a little on this idea? What I think you're saying is that you want to consider the possibility of a betting/gambling site that allows for the users to bet on the price of bitcoin at a certain time in the future? I believe there is actually a site already with this idea. I don't remember what site it is right off the top of my head, but hopefully someone else can chime in as well.

This area is up for grabs! PM me if you're interested.
junoreactor

Activity: 196
Merit: 109

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 05:21:02 AM

Let's do some maths.
Odd=2.5
BTC stake 10,000 Satoshi

Ask these guys: nitrogensports
I know you can bet in Bitcoins there. To be honest I am not sure I understood your question, but if you win betting with Bitcoins and getting paid in Bitcoins, yes it is possible. Contact  nitrogensports  - their support center is very quick to reply.
arikassuja

Activity: 535
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 05:38:57 AM

Let's do some maths.
Odd=2.5
BTC stake 10,000 Satoshi

but the risk of losing very high, I do not recommend you to play your bitcoin on gambling sites, you better invest in ICO that has the potential to go month, the results you get can be bigger and not too risky.
traderethereum

Activity: 2870
Merit: 574

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2017, 08:28:51 AM

Let's do some maths.
Odd=2.5
BTC stake 10,000 Satoshi

but the risk of losing very high, I do not recommend you to play your bitcoin on gambling sites, you better invest in ICO that has the potential to go month, the results you get can be bigger and not too risky.

the risk is always there and if he continues, he just has a big chance of losing his money. this is why I don't want to use big money for just playing gambling and it is better to use their faucet to get free satoshi to use for playing gambling. in my opinion, maybe it is better to invest in one coin like bitcoin only or another altcoin and hold it for a long time. don't play gambling too often if you don't want to lose your money in short of time.
HongKong

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 09:05:12 AM

Let's do some maths.
Odd=2.5
BTC stake 10,000 Satoshi

You would get more people interested in what you're doing if you were using Bitcoin. Gambling relies of two people in order for it to be profitable

████████████████████
           ██████████████████████
          ████                ████
         ████   █████   ████   ████
        ████   ███████ ██████   ████
       ████   ████ ████   ████   ████
      ████   ████   ████   ████   ████
     ████   ████  ██ ████   ████ 
    ████   ████   ██  ████
    ████   ████   ███  ████
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███