Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:38:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wanted, 10 to 200 BTC loan at 1% per week, ~3 weeks (breakable)  (Read 1614 times)
usagi (OP)
VIP

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 11:37:19 AM

If the price of BTC goes up, I simply pay off the loan with the loan itself plus 1%. I end up not losing very much since I don't pay transfer fees on the fiat.

if the price of BTC goes down, I can buy more BTC which covers the 1%.
I'm going to respond to this with a quote from... yourself.

I believe the price will rise later.

You're expecting to lose money?

Roll Eyes It's called a loan nimda. If the price rises, I just pay back the loan in BTC. There's many things I want to use the money for. For example, my bitvps annual bill just came in yesterday. I could also use the money to fund activities of TU.SILVER. Silver is below $19 last I checked and I would like to buy another 50 oz.

But it's beginning to look like the actual mechanics of how I hedge are clearly beyond a cursory explanation and I don't have time to get into it beyond what I have said -- this is a loan -- etc.

Essentially I've taken out and repaid loans for 500+ BTC and have handled over 2,000 BTC at one time with my issues on various exchanges, I'm good for the money and 1% is a good rate on a weekly basis. Any takers?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nimda

Activity: 784

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 05:20:11 PM

If the price of BTC goes up, I simply pay off the loan with the loan itself plus 1%. I end up not losing very much since I don't pay transfer fees on the fiat.

if the price of BTC goes down, I can buy more BTC which covers the 1%.
I'm going to respond to this with a quote from... yourself.

I believe the price will rise later.

You're expecting to lose money?

Roll Eyes It's called a loan nimda.
There's a reason CoinLenders specifically prohibits lending to gamblers.
Answer the question. With the things I quoted, it follows that you expect to lose money on the loan.

There's many things I want to use the money for. For example, my bitvps annual bill just came in yesterday. I could also use the money to fund activities of TU.SILVER. Silver is below $19 last I checked and I would like to buy another 50 oz.
You didn't specify that before. Before, you simply had a plan that made no sense to anyone except yourself.

But it's beginning to look like the actual mechanics of how I hedge are clearly beyond a cursory explanation and I don't have time to get into it beyond what I have said -- this is a loan -- etc.
People normally don't lend blindly; they want to know what you're using the money for so that they can be reasonably sure that you can pay them back.
usagi (OP)
VIP

Activity: 812

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 01:08:54 PM

You didn't specify that before. Before, you simply had a plan that made no sense to anyone except yourself.

People normally don't lend blindly; they want to know what you're using the money for so that they can be reasonably sure that you can pay them back.

Sorry nimda but obvious troll is obvious. Stating that CoinLenders doesn't loan to gamblers was the icing on the cake consindering the multiple 400+ BTC bets tradefortress has made on just-dice. I just can't believe someone who advertises leveraged options in their sig can't wrap their minds around a simple loan/btc hedge. Same goes for deprived, if he really doesn't get it that's pretty scary considering how many assets he runs (seven? eight? i can't count that high).

Anyway the loan has been filled and I've started moving the money, but thanks for the b-movie entertainment. Offer closed.
nimda

Activity: 784

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 01:13:50 PM

Sorry nimda but obvious troll is obvious.
If you say so
I just can't believe someone who advertises leveraged options in their sig can't wrap their minds around a simple loan/btc hedge.
You never answered the "expect to lose" part.
Same goes for deprived, if he really doesn't get it that's pretty scary considering how many assets he runs (seven? eight? i can't count that high).
Which is more likely?
- You explained it wrong
- Everyone in this thread except you is crazy
cornish_will

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 07:09:27 AM

i understood it Smiley

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: