Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:31:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Investment program looking for new ideas  (Read 213 times)
TraderMJK (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 03:54:42 AM

After closely watching a failed investment/Ponzi scam on this site, me and two buddies (the "brain trust") are sitting here with some drinks and a spreadsheet talking about what made us successful for 35 months straight. We have some ideas but we'd like to hear your ideas for improvement as well.

Before I give the bullet points, you should know that we have been investing together for basically three years. We have known each other for longer than that. Anyway, we each make $20-$30 USD profit per month. We are each investing our original $500 each month on the 15th. We've broken-even maybe twice but never experienced a principal loss. We had one month with a HUGE gain but that was simply luck. We purchase discounted gift/prepaid cards and sell them at a premium. We have systems in place to minimize our risk by 60%+. We never lose our original investment but our profit does vary from month-to-month. We don't guarantee a profit percent per month but we do guarantee the original investment 0f $500 (between the three of us, we will cover it for the members if all else fails.) Our average profit is $20-$30 per month, per member. We think our system is good but we're looking for ways to improve. What are we doing right? What are we doing wrong?

- We keep each investment group limited to 20 people
- Each person invests $500 (.05 BTC right now). No person can put in more or less
- Everything is converting to USD at the time of transaction
- Everything is paid out in USD
- We think a $10,000 total investment portfolio is financially healthy for one investment group. (Better said, we can easily cover $10,000 between the three of us.)
- We have a policy in place on how to purchase and sell gift/prepaid cards
- We don't purchase a gift/prepaid cards greater than 80% of value
- We have mechanisms in place to immediately cash out/sell the cards we accept before sending BTC (the 'you send first mentality'). We zero out the specific cards the moment the other party accepts and we send BTC. We even use escrow with success.
- Sometimes we buy BTC for PayPal USD (with a profit margin, of course)
- We have zero nuisance/scam complaints. Everyone receives their BTC; we receive our cash value
- Payouts to investment members are on the 14th of the month in USD via PayPal
- Paul is the payout guy (for the record)
- Reinvestment is on the 15th of the month (none of us remember why we picked the 15th. We think it was because of Rob's pay cycle, but we really don't remember. Rob's not here right now because he's dealing with his oldest son's death on Monday.)

As I mentioned there are three of us here. Josh is the one sitting here thinking we could be more profitable. Your thoughts?

[Personally, TraderMJK thinks we don't need a flat $500 USD per person and can accept any amount per person with unit valuation. I do believe in the $10,000 total pool for the group. Paul thinks it's too much work for him to pay out.]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Beerwizzard

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 11:14:54 AM

- Everything is converting to USD at the time of transaction
- Everything is paid out in USD
- Payouts to investment members are on the 14th of the month in USD via PayPal
So why people can't just pay you in fiat? I don't think it will work on this forum. First of all you should make the payouts in BTC or altcoins, even if you count their worth in BTC. Simply because far not everyone on this forum is eligable to create a PayPal account due to the rules of their caountry (and remember that PP is a risky method when you are working with crypto). Second is that your plan soesn't seem to be profitable in BTC so people might get less from you then they could get just by hodling their coins.
Thekool1s
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218

Change is in your hands

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 12:32:25 PM

Lmao this story sounds fimilar. I have a few questions. Which ponzi scheme were you guys watching?  Roll Eyes
Mind showing us the mechanism you have in place? Do you have collateral for what users will invest with you guys? Mind showing us your spreadsheets? Why should we trust you?  Also at the rate bitcoin is climbing, those $20 or $30 can be made within a day without risking our money to strangers on the internet. Long story short i have seen this story before and it ends up with OP getting red paint all over their profile.

So why people can't just pay you in fiat?
Cuz people can charge back if they fail to deliver the results. That's why. It's a poor scam attempt to say the least.
TraderMJK (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 02:23:19 PM

We are not looking to start here, or open it up here.

Our current model works. We are looking for ideas for other BTC revenue that is not HYIP, gaming or the rest. Some risk is fine -- high risk isn't.
liuqi

Activity: 1092
Merit: 257

LuckyB.it is Back!

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 03:36:10 PM

Our current model works. We are looking for ideas for other BTC revenue that is not HYIP, gaming or the rest. Some risk is fine -- high risk isn't.

You can create a domain which relevant to any bitcoin projects. Which can be used as trading site for all the crypto currencies. Recently many ICO projects comes in the different platform but exchange projects and which is close to the cryptos only goes move further as best project and some of the project suceeded and find a best altcoin in market place after sometime.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
█████▄               ▄█████
Fatunad

Activity: 2226
Merit: 347

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 03:40:38 PM

Lmao this story sounds fimilar. I have a few questions. Which ponzi scheme were you guys watching?  Roll Eyes
Mind showing us the mechanism you have in place? Do you have collateral for what users will invest with you guys? Mind showing us your spreadsheets? Why should we trust you?  Also at the rate bitcoin is climbing, those $20 or $30 can be made within a day without risking our money to strangers on the internet. Long story short i have seen this story before and it ends up with OP getting red paint all over their profile.

Cuz people can charge back if they fail to deliver the results. That's why. It's a poor scam attempt to say the least.
New stories indeed and there are lots of questions regarding assurance of its investors for sure they wont able to answer such thing and it is already common to have these kind of stories which we have been able to read up for a hundred times on this forum.It is somehow obvious for us on what would be the ending of this kind of proposal which would really have lots of criticisms.If you do propose an investment investors would normally seek out for a strong collateral or assurance.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
TraderMJK (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 04:12:53 PM

You can create a domain which relevant to any bitcoin projects. Which can be used as trading site for all the crypto currencies. Recently many ICO projects comes in the different platform but exchange projects and which is close to the cryptos only goes move further as best project and some of the project suceeded and find a best altcoin in market place after sometime.

Thanks for the idea. It seems to me that there are many trading/exchange sites out there. The time and resources required to develop and compete with other sites will require a little more than our core group can or wants to handle. (Although I personally wouldn't mind a site for the BTC>PayPal transactions to get me out of spreadsheet hell.  Grin )
liuqi

Activity: 1092
Merit: 257

LuckyB.it is Back!

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 06:34:32 PM

Thanks for the idea. It seems to me that there are many trading/exchange sites out there. The time and resources required to develop and compete with other sites will require a little more than our core group can or wants to handle. (Although I personally wouldn't mind a site for the BTC>PayPal transactions to get me out of spreadsheet hell.  Grin )

Welcome buddy. Some people goes to implement the different idea in crypto platform but most of them are get succeeded that is the problem. I checked with the some of the senior guys in the forum. Myself and my friend is also planning to go for mining and exchange site implementation.
I am 2nd person investor in that project still I am looking into any website maintenance projects. If you have any in your future project. Please do let me know bro. I could help you in that for sure.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
█████▄               ▄█████
TraderMJK (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 07:26:20 PM

We are looking for active investment/income ideas...not new investors. Passive income bores us. We tend to be into more active things because we enjoy the thrill of making a little money.  Plus it gives us an excuse to get together and have some adult beverages a couple nights a week.

With that said, I'm happy to share our current spreadsheet. http://prntscr.com/hilbsv It normally rests on Google Docs for all to see in real-time. I blocked out some info before I took the screenshot. It might give you some ideas to create your own investment group.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: