Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 09:55:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC $66, seems everyone is dumping?  (Read 3255 times)
coinprize (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Invest NASDAQ in Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2013, 06:34:31 PM
Last edit: July 05, 2013, 07:20:21 PM by coinprize

BTC $66, seems everyone is dumping? Anyone has an idea about why? I don't understand, people are not trusting bitcoin anymore? or it's because people are rushing for the BFL boxes?

How many of bitcointalkers having deep knowledge of bitcoin network design, especially network difficulties changes and block chain protocols AND STILL think ASIC, BFL, Avalon mining are good investment?

For those who's still holding bitcoins with great values, you might bet better start thinking of solving the issue of bitcoin circulation in ordinary life, like bitcoin ebay, bitcoin movie, bitcoin music, bitcoin food.... that's the only way to save bitcoin.

Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 06:35:36 PM

It's just time.

MykelSilver

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 06:39:10 PM

So everyone now understands that Bitcoin can never be taken serious as an alternative currency. One day a bread costs one Bitcoin, the other day you pay 100 Bitcoin
WinVery.com

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 06:40:07 PM

It's potentially very costly having currency controls imposed like this.
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 06:41:20 PM

So everyone now understands that Bitcoin can never be taken serious as an alternative currency. One day a bread costs one Bitcoin, the other day you pay 100 Bitcoin
circular logic. price jumps are caused by... price jumps.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 4656

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 06:41:26 PM

BTC $66, seems everyone is dumping?
- snip -

Nah.  Not everyone is dumping.  Every single one of those trades where someone is selling has someone on the other side of the trade that is buying.  There are as many people taking advantage of this drop in exchange rate to purchase cheap coins as there are people panicking and dumping what they own.
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 06:43:13 PM

BTC $66, seems everyone is dumping? Anyone has an idea about why? I don't understand, people are not trusting bitcoin anymore? or it's because people are rushing for the BFL boxes?

Nope, hold and/or buy..

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2013, 06:45:10 PM

Nope, hold and/or buy..

Good idea! But BFL bitcoin miners. Plug the current exchange rate into an ROI calculator and see how profitable them babies are now.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 06:50:57 PM

Good idea! But BFL bitcoin miners. Plug the current exchange rate into an ROI calculator and see how profitable them babies are now.

Interesting though.  I wonder how low the exchange rate has to go before ASIC stop producing more than operating costs, and miners start shutting off their rigs for a bit?
TheBanker

Activity: 125
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 06:54:53 PM

I told you so

I predicted this days ago - price is now headed to 50 - Read: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=249490.0
flyguy

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 06:57:10 PM

Just wait....   have you guys seen this?

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/winklevoss-twins-plan-ipo-bitcoins-digital-money-6C10512260

This will help to further legitimize BTC.  Given time this $66 price will seem like child's play.  I am stacking more BTC right now at $65.60!
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 06:58:18 PM

Interesting though.  I wonder how low the exchange rate has to go before ASIC stop producing more than operating costs, and miners start shutting off their rigs for a bit?

They will mine at a loss for quite a while.

johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 06:58:56 PM

There is a projection that FED is going to tighten, means many institutional traders' available USD will be reduced, they have to liquidate on exchange. Same thing happens on gold and silver market now

xavier

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 07:02:29 PM

Oh dear. Bitcoin is dead
tclo

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 07:02:51 PM

- snip -

Nah.  Not everyone is dumping.  Every single one of those trades where someone is selling has someone on the other side of the trade that is buying.  There are as many people taking advantage of this drop in exchange rate to purchase cheap coins as there are people panicking and dumping what they own.

This is funny.  So when bitcoin is at $1 and this is happening (someone is selling and someone is buying) you will still say that all is well?  

The point is not that no one is buying bitcoin, it's that it's value is rapidly falling.
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2013, 07:05:29 PM

How many of bitcointalkers having deep knowledge of bitcoin network design, especially network difficulties changes and block chain protocols AND STILL think ASIC, BFL, Avalon mining are good investment?

Again, two of these companies support decentralized mining and are a good thing not a bad thing.  The company that mines hardcore with their own ASICS is the one causing the problem. 

cp1

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 07:07:19 PM

I wish it were easier for me to buy at this price.  Closest localbitcoins person is not very close.

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
DrGregMulhauser

Activity: 330
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 07:08:16 PM

That's an interesting question -- no idea what the answer might be now, but you can get a first glimpse from an historical perspective by comparing the graph of total network hashing rate with the graph of USD vs. BTC:

http://bitcoin.sipa.be
http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/mtgoxUSD

The latter has a checkbox for "Custom Time", which lets you set whatever interval you'd like.

When BTC took its sudden dip in mid-2011, for example, there was a less sudden drop in total network power which began soon after. No doubt there's more to the decision, but the exchange rate is bound to be a big part of it.

Tips: 1GTvfygTCnA5LdE2dX31AtcHho6s6X9H9b
BTC Growth
Luckybit

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 07:11:52 PM

Mining Bitcoin isn't profitable anymore. Most of the people backing Bitcoin were making money from mining. They are switching to LTC and PPC.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 07:16:25 PM

- snip -
This is funny.  So when bitcoin is at $1 and this is happening (someone is selling and someone is buying) you will still say that all is well?  

Of course.  Because it would still be true.

The point is not that no one is buying bitcoin, it's that it's value is rapidly falling.

If that was the point, then instead of saying "seems everyone is dumping?", it would have made more sense to say "seems the exchange rate is dropping?"  (exchange rate and value are not always the same thing).

Obviously it is falling rapidly.  But "everyone" isn't "dumping". There are as many people "shoveling in" what they feel are cheap bitcoins as there are people "dumping" what they feel are over-priced bitcoins.  The fact that *you* feel they are over priced, and that many others feel the same shouldn't blind you to the fact that there are still many buyers.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: