Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:57:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP - How to put RX 480 and RX 570 to work together?  (Read 201 times)
mixypro (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 04:31:17 AM

I'm new with mining, and I have five GPU RX480 and one RX 570, and I can't find driver which will recognize both series, one driver recognize RX570, another one recognize RX480.

Is there someone with similar problem, or with solution?

Thanks in advance!
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 12:25:49 PM
Last edit: December 03, 2017, 12:54:08 PM by Vann

The same driver is compatible with both cards. If you want to mine Ethash coins like Ethereum on Windows 10 v1709 (Fall Creators Update), you need to use the latest Crimson Relive 17.1x.x drivers and toggle to the 'compute' mode from 'gaming' for each card in AMD settings. If you are having problems installing the driver with all the cards connected to the motherboard, remove all the GPU drivers in safe mode using DDU and make sure to enable the option in DDU to disable the Windows automatic driver install. Then shutdown and connect only one card to the primary x16 PCI-E slot. Once you install the driver for the one card, shutdown and connect two more cards to the motherboard. Start the rig and wait until Windows detects the cards and installs the drivers automatically. It may take a while for the cards to show up in Device Manager. Wait and confirm in the Windows Task Manger there is no running instance of the Driver Installation Module running. Once the Driver Installation Module is no longer showing in Task Manager, shutdown and repeat the process, connecting two cards at a time until all the cards are shown in Device Manager.

With RX 470/480 or RX 570 cards, you will then need to use the pixel patcher to bypass the driver signature check with a modded Bios to remove the Code 43 error in Device Manager before the cards will work. Just run the patcher, reboot and verify all the cards are shown in Device Manager with no errors.

https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-AMD-ATI-Pixel-Clock-Patcher
Lieldoryn

Activity: 630
Merit: 272

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 12:46:38 PM

Well done. All well-written. From myself I can add that I use a modified driver. It is specifically designed for mining. After installing it is not necessary to put a patch. Bug fixed error 43. He works with all of the GPU 4, and 5 series. I have also worked as the GPU with a modified BIOS and GPU with the original BIOS. I recommend to install this driver.
Vann

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 12:59:07 PM

If you are referring to the AMD blockchain drivers, you still need to run the pixel patcher to bypass the driver Bios signature check with RX 470/480 or 570 cards with a modified Bios or you will have a code 43 error in Device Manager. With most RX 580 cards you don't need to patch the driver. The latest Crimson Relive 17.1.x.x drivers toggle the Dag fix from the blockchain drivers in compute mode.

https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-Edition-Beta-for-Blockchain-Compute-Release-Notes.aspx
gregfromo

Activity: 134
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 01:04:12 PM

Well done. All well-written. From myself I can add that I use a modified driver. It is specifically designed for mining. After installing it is not necessary to put a patch. Bug fixed error 43. He works with all of the GPU 4, and 5 series. I have also worked as the GPU with a modified BIOS and GPU with the original BIOS. I recommend to install this driver.

nice advertisement, where can I get this magic driver?
jillscarbrough

Activity: 588
Merit: 335

Steady State Finance

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 01:33:04 PM

If Window OS, you can try :
1. Installing RX4 series driver until finished.
2. Extract RX5 series driver.
    2.1. After extracting finished, close installation process.
    2.2 Open device manager, update RX5 series manually, choose browse my computer for driver.and the choose Let me pick... and choose to Have disk, choose Browse, in directory C: you will find AMD folder, now choose your RX5 series driver that you has been extracted, wait until update process finished. Good Luck   
Vann

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 01:57:36 PM
Last edit: December 03, 2017, 02:09:07 PM by Vann

There is no RX4 or RX5 series driver. The same unified Crimson Relive driver is compatible with ALL GCN 1 and up AMD cards.

https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-Edition-17.11.4-Release-Notes.aspx

jillscarbrough

Activity: 588
Merit: 335

Steady State Finance

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 10:42:45 PM

There is no RX4 or RX5 series driver. The same unified Crimson Relive driver is compatible with ALL GCN 1 and up AMD cards.

https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-Edition-17.11.4-Release-Notes.aspx

That's good, more simple way to solving the problem.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: